IGNORED

How You All Feeling?

Up The City!

Just got back to the hotel after a few drinks after the game. Proud of the team, even the last minute goal can’t put me in a bad mood. We played well. Made them play most of their passes outside our 18 yard box and didn’t give them many chances to score. Yes we’ve lost 2-1 but all it takes is us to get the first home goal and we’re back in this game.

but first let’s win at Norwich :thumbsup:

Real mixture of emotions. Immensely proud of our club. Our travelling support was excellent (I am still hoarse) and the players worked their socks off trying to play the right way.

Also a bit gutted. I would have gladly accepted a 2-1 defeat before the game and all is still to play for, but to concede the winner so late was a real bummer. We deserved the draw.

57 minutes ago, worthyred said:

I actually had a Gashead text me trying to take the piss asking me how it worked out for us tonight followed by three laughing emojis and hard luck shitheads. My reply was worked out well, 2-1 against Man City at The Etihad, against a team with a +51 goal difference, held our own against the best team in the country. Their reply was we stopped singing after their second goal, when I called bullshit on that and suggested they rewatch the game on Sky (yes they actually recorded the game to see us get smashed!) they then said Gas away support was bigger than ours sooooo gave them a couple of stats to show that was more bollocks and they disappeared.......Just left me wondering after a great night WTF is wrong with those morons they actually thought we would be devastated after tonights result, I was in the hospitality and our support was magnificent, the boys gave it everything and i'm proud of them and never been more grateful i'm a red!

#Gasforbrains       :gasmask:

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And me.

Bastard :yes:

Ah who cares, we did what I wanted, and expected us to, play our game. I was expecting a 3 or 4 deficit and still wouldn’t have cared as long as we went for it so this result is bloody brilliant.  Turn the thermostats down on the away showers and get someone ready to pull the plug on the floodlights if it’s going badly (that’s surely never happened :ph34r:)

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

I’m the opposite, we just got a result I would have bit your hand off for and I’m gutted.

funny old game hey?

feel the same, people cant understand why I am gutted 92 minute ffs, we were that close to getting a result that would have ranked with any we have achieved, bet they are shittin* themselves about the second leg. that was the best they had, and I mean the best, with a good start and the crowd behind us and the rest of the world we can make history.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

feel the same, people cant understand why I am gutted 92 minute ffs, we were that close to getting a result that would have ranked with any we have achieved, bet they are shittin* themselves about the second leg. that was the best they had, and I mean the best, with a good start and the crowd behind us and the rest of the world we can make history.

I’m gutted for the lads, they should be standing tall but it probably feels like a kick in the teeth for them.

Aguero off the bench though, our lads should be mighty proud of themselves tonight.

(Manchester) City fan here. just wanted to say what brilliant support from BCFC tonight and what a great approach to the game. Most premier league teams haven't got the bottle to go toe to toe football wise with us at the moment and you did and i thought you matched us.

Looking forward to my trip to Ashton gate- i hope we are more vocal than we were tonight (not difficult) and that after we get to wembley you go on to get promotion

Respect!

18 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You really are having fun!  Watch out for the canals, and trams, in Manchester, neither take prisoners.

18 minutes ago, RumRed said:

You really are having fun!  Watch out for the canals, and trams, in Manchester, neither take prisoners.

jyst hit the strip club. got a massive pair of tuts in my face. cant speak anymore. bye. 

• Admin

Being a pessimistic misery I did expect a trouncing, was gutted when their winner went in, but massive kudos to LJ, the team and travelling fans.  Gutted I couldn’t get out of work to go, fingers crossed the boys can dig deep and produce another awesome performance in the home leg.

Just on the train heading back home from Manchester and still feel so proud this morning, could hardly get to sleep was buzzing so much, 

Seeing us playing so well again one of the best teams in the world is something I will remember for a very long time, so proud and happy this morning

This morning: Going on to asschat and seeing it far more liberally in praise of us than I ever thought I'd see (closely followed by grinning as they turn on their own more and more...whilst criticizing us for giving LJ a bad time 12 months ago.

Going on to Blue Moon (Man City forum) and seeing some of their older wiser fans give the johnny cum lately glory hunters a slap round the head and (once again) showering the players and fans with praise.

when I have time, I'll go to the Sunderland forum. They were generous in their praise when we beat Man United.

Being a Bristol City fan feels soooo good this morning

Proud.

Team were great, fans were great, so was LJ.

And yet, a tiny what if...what if we had a fit O'Dowda, Djuric, Diedhiou- in the sense of just that little outlet, to gain a few yards up the pitch when we were pinned back last 10- might that have helped us through to the draw?

Proud though. Still very much game on in a fortnight!

I feel massively proud of the team, and proud to be a Bristol City fan, having traveled to all the not so good away games in recent years and watching some not so good football, (not this season), always some good. 

it gives you such a good feeling watching them play their socks off and come away with results like that, yeah a late goal makes everyone feel a bit disappointed but it was a cracking game, i cant imagine many if any people predicted us going 1 - 0 up at half time, 

i can only imagine how Lee Johnson feels now compared to a year ago, a massive amount of credit to should be given to him, for sticking it out and achieving this year what others couldnt of imagined a year ago. 

All I wanted was for the tie to still be alive for the 2nd leg 

Then I wanted to play well.    :thumbsup:

after that to score would be great :thumbsup:

Then if we could actually get a draw. :facepalm:

I was watching the game, into the lat 5 minutes , the fans around me still ingrate voice and I couldn't stop smiling . Even when they got the winner , I couldn't stop smiling. Just watched the first half again , by **** we were loud. Worth the hellish journey up and back.

14 hours ago, RumRed said:

I’m gutted for the lads, they should be standing tall but it probably feels like a kick in the teeth for them.

Aguero off the bench though, our lads should be mighty proud of themselves tonight.

I’ve always liked aguero and never understood why he seems underrated by them. They always seem to look for an alternative and rotation. As soon as he came on I tried to stick money on him next goal scorer, unfortunately signal was terrible and the page wouldn’t load.

9 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Looking back now I'm delighted we got to experience a half time of winning against the world's best team. That will live long in the memory.

Walking out to the concourse at half time will live long, never seen so many people just smiling to their friends or just by them self. No worry that it might not last, just pure happiness for the moment!

Archived