IGNORED

Man City Fans

Robin 101

Sure were not the biggest game of their season, but at rock bottom prices most can't be bothered to go to a cup semi final and those who did didnt attempt to create an atmosphere and saw their last min winner as a cue to leave. Thank God I was born a City fan cause if that's what supporting a 'super club' looks like I'd rather not bother

"All they're doing is just sitting there like statues in a library"

That was from my wife who has very little interest in football. That being said she did say she doesn't know how I cope with the nerves as hers were shot to pieces :P

They were dreadful. The 8000 reds that made the trip though - fantastic. Sounded great, hats off to you all.

9 minutes ago, Robin 101 said:

. Thank God I was born a City fan cause if that's what supporting a 'super club' looks like I'd rather not bother

Often see empty seats & hear not much there on match of the day, even on some of the bigger games.

If that's what buying success does, then I'd rather toil away lower down  like we have been for years 

I am sure their die hard that travel away will be loud.

No different to us when Dagenham and the like come to town if we are really honest.

Good support from us tonight.

Edit I know it's a semi final but the league cup means about the same to them as the ldv or what ever it's called means to us until you get to the final

4 minutes ago, TRL said:

I am sure their die hard that travel away will be loud.

No different to us when Dagenham and the like come to town if we are really honest.

Good support from us tonight.

Exactly this. As fans we're all no different. Get over it. Did people really expect the citeh to create an amazing atmosphere? Yes it was a semi but we are right down the food chain. They are setting records and winning the prem at a canter. If it was the other way around it would be exactly the same. We are an obstacle... They have bigger fish to fry. 

It was our cup final. 

It is the old football double edged sword. We all want success, but at the same time don't want it. 

10 minutes ago, Manon said:

It is the old football double edged sword. We all want success, but at the same time don't want it. 

You're the first person I've seen say this (at least for a good while). Promotion would be amazing but it'll change the club beyond recognition. Some of it good, some of it bad. If we did get into the Prem, we'll probably argue about our own home singing levels a lot more (eg the Wolves game) so I'm not going too hard on Man City for their library.

Wouldn't like to be Man City coming to Ashton Gate.

The home support will be well up for this. Ashton Gate will be rocking.

Once again, like tonight, they should win. They had Aguero on the bench for gods sake. A squad of that quality should've blown us away tonight - but they didn't.

I'm very optimistic as a City fan but even I was expecting a 3 or 4-0. 

2-1 means it's all to play for. We've got nothing to lose.

They had their chance to put the tie to bed tonight and they didn't take it.

We won't make it easy for them. Game on.

Man City Fan in peace. This’ll be lengthy..

First of all, you were the best English team I’ve seen come to the Etihad this season. Only Shakthar & Napoli better than you overall. So much to be proud of and I’m expecting a tough, tough game 2nd leg.

About the empty seats there isn’t any specific correct answer to settle on, plenty of debate about this as always and we do get a lot of stick from it from other fans.

One thing I will say though is just because our club are rich doesn’t mean that the fans are. Just after Christmas & New Year with home games against Watford, Burnley, You Guys & 2 more in January mean that quite simply our fans pick and choose which games they will go to. £20 isn’t much to me personally, I do think City could have priced it better though. Think a family of 2 adults and 2 kids plus food, drink, etc and you’re looking at around £100. Our fans simply can afford that. We’ll see a lot more tourists like our neighbours in the next few years and that’ll see us sell out and probably extend. (we have no problem selling out league games, btw)

i really really really really really really hope you come up. You play such good football and you have a cracking manager in Lee Johnson with players that quite frankly embarrassed a couple of ours tonight.

Good luck for the season!

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wouldn't like to be Man City coming to Ashton Gate.

The home support will be well up for this. Ashton Gate will be rocking.

Once again, like tonight, they should win. They had Aguero on the bench for gods sake. A squad of that quality should've blown us away tonight - but they didn't.

I'm very optimistic as a City fan but even I was expecting a 3 or 4-0. 

2-1 means it's all to play for. We've got nothing to lose.

They had their chance to put the tie to bed tonight and they didn't take it.

We won't make it easy for them. Game on.

Exactly.

I expected the same as your good self, and frankly, that was not being too pessimistic, but, we now have a game on our hands on the 23rd and that, is a fantastic position to be in.

38 minutes ago, ManCityFan said:

Man City Fan in peace. This’ll be lengthy..

First of all, you were the best English team I’ve seen come to the Etihad this season. Only Shakthar & Napoli better than you overall. So much to be proud of and I’m expecting a tough, tough game 2nd leg.

About the empty seats there isn’t any specific correct answer to settle on, plenty of debate about this as always and we do get a lot of stick from it from other fans.

One thing I will say though is just because our club are rich doesn’t mean that the fans are. Just after Christmas & New Year with home games against Watford, Burnley, You Guys & 2 more in January mean that quite simply our fans pick and choose which games they will go to. £20 isn’t much to me personally, I do think City could have priced it better though. Think a family of 2 adults and 2 kids plus food, drink, etc and you’re looking at around £100. Our fans simply can afford that. We’ll see a lot more tourists like our neighbours in the next few years and that’ll see us sell out and probably extend. (we have no problem selling out league games, btw)

i really really really really really really hope you come up. You play such good football and you have a cracking manager in Lee Johnson with players that quite frankly embarrassed a couple of ours tonight.

Good luck for the season!

Thanks for the post. Means a lot.

If I'm honest, most people I have met from Manchester ( I spent 6 months working all around the city) are City fans and that's people from Gorton, Miles Platting, Longsight, Harperhuy, Moss Side etc. Proper people from the arse-end of town (no offense intended). Basically, people who were still supporting when you were in League 1 and will always support them. I dont think of you as a club with 'Johnny-come-lately' fans and that is why I will always like Man C.

Maybe because I actually bought one of the purple Brother sponsered Man C away kits (wonderful looking shirt at the time) in around 1989, I have always had a soft spot for you as a club.

City fan here. You lot were fantastic, genuinely one of the best away team performances I've seen at the Etihad. Put it this way, I've never felt the need to register on the forum of an opponent just to say good game before, but you were very impressive tonight; well played.

It's only half time. We're going to have to be at our absolute best to get to the final.

I hope you get promoted, you deserve it.

Another Man City fan in peace here. Just wanted to give mt point on this thread

I can only mirror what my fellow blue said on this thread - you were the best English team we have faced at the Etihad this season and i for one thought you deserved the draw  ( i was there in SS1 block 114 below your lot ). Would say you one of the loudest sets of fans ive heard at our place ( post Maine Rd )  - with only Aris and Dortmund louder IMHO. I also have a new found respect for you after spending some time on this forum, you seem like a level headed knowledgeable lot with no agenda.

With regards to our fans and with all due respect you have to consider that most of us are working class mancs and have to pick and choose our games as befits our budget. For example  since the 3rd December ive had to shell out for 6 home games ( me & two teenage kids ) and pre pay my Champions league tickets for Basel, so at a rough guess i reckon watching City at home in December had cost me the best part of £500, before i even cater for drinks, parking etc. A lot of lads i know, who have been through thick and thin with me over the years with city ( to Wrexham, York and the likes )  just cant afford it and therefore have to pick and choose games and this game is always going to be at the bottom of the pecking order ( Burnley game on Sat was a sell out ) Any of your older fan base will know we have a great support ( 34,000 ) in Div 2 and always travel in numbers - every away game our allocation is always sold out. So here's to a good 2nd leg lets hope we can bring our away game with us ;)

4 hours ago, Robin 101 said:

Sure were not the biggest game of their season, but at rock bottom prices most can't be bothered to go to a cup semi final and those who did didnt attempt to create an atmosphere and saw their last min winner as a cue to leave. Thank God I was born a City fan cause if that's what supporting a 'super club' looks like I'd rather not bother

Aye,jealousy will get you everywhere.....

I studied in Manchester and can vouch for the three ManC fans on here. Maine Road was a cracking stadium and the training ground was pretty much next door in Platt Lane. You could watch them train from the road!!!

always well supported and in the main a great bunch of lads, you could here Maine Road from MILES away, so I guess that playing us was a banana skin and a money constraint.

I’m looking forward to leg 2, my first game at AG  for 15 years. 

At least we beat that other team from Manchester (who should really play their home games in West London)

COYR

5 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

3 nice contributors fair play but that doesn' disguise the fact their support was piss poor and they appear not the club I thought they were.

Is a semi final beneath them now?

They are competing in the Premier League,  Champions League and FA Cup. This is their fourth priority competition against lower league opposition. Quite understandably not all fans can afford to attend all games.

For them I t’s the equivalent of what a JPT southern area final would be for us. Did we sell that game out back in 2015? No.

Their fans have come on here and been respectful so there’s no need for your comments.

Proper down to earth working class fanbase are Man City. I've a lot of time for them. Thanks to those who have taken the time to come onto our forum to give us credit.

Their support wasn't great last night, but would ours be in a fourth priority competition against lower league opposition? I doubt it.

Archived