IGNORED

Man City Fans

Robin 101

2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Absolutely yes.  You just need to ask Wolves or Leeds to confirm this...

What I can't understand with your fans is why on earth would you rather watch Burnley in the tedium of the Premiershit than the mighty Bristol City in the semi-final of a Cup?

Burnley was an FA Cup game, it was also played on a Saturday, making it easier to get to for everybody.

2 minutes ago, MCFC said:

There seems to be more and more rags (united fans) stewarding the last couple of seasons, I reckon they only do it so they get to see some decent football being played :D

Ha! May be. Well from the two fixtures I would say they have some great players, but not necessarily a great team. 

Your lot are something else though. I have never seen a team with so much skill and continuous movement both on and off the ball. Amazing, though assembling such talent does take a few quid! And having the manager to bring it all together is the master stroke.

That said, the second leg is not necessarily a forgone result, and we do have a slim chance of spoiling your season just a little perhaps! ;)

6 minutes ago, Chivs said:

What I can't understand with your fans is why on earth would you rather watch Burnley in the tedium of the Premiershit than the mighty Bristol City in the semi-final of a Cup?

Mainly because Burnley was a Saturday afternoon rather than a midweek night game. Also because we deem the FA cup a higher priority than the League cup.

2 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Ha! May be. Well from the two fixtures I would say they have some great players, but not necessarily a great team. 

Your lot are something else though. I have never seen a team with so much skill and continuous movement both on and off the ball. Amazing, though assembling such talent does take a few quid! And having the manager to bring it all together is the master stroke.

That said, the second leg is not necessarily a forgone result, and we do have a slim chance of spoiling your season just a little perhaps! ;)

Trust me pal, no Blues are thinking the job is done, you have more than a slim chance.

I'm sure those that maybe were over-confident last night, certainly aren't any more :D

3 minutes ago, Man City in peace. said:

Mainly because Burnley was a Saturday afternoon rather than a midweek night game. Also because we deem the FA cup a higher priority than the League cup.

It's the other way around for us.  So, you let us win the League Cup and we'll give you the FA Cup.  Deal or no deal?

17 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Mate, c’mon be truthful here. It wasn’t rocking for the wolves game considering how many were in the ground. For large portions of the game the atmosphere was pretty dire, though mainly down to the sending off maybe. I’m in SS20.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This thread makes me like Manchester City more as a club, in the same way that threads with United fans last month made me like them less. Such a stark contrast between the blue fans (articulate, friendly, respectful) and the red fans (arrogant, hostile, entitled).

I honestly can't remember any threads with the "Manchester" fans last month.

The Manchester City fans have been a credit to their club.  I only hope they get a chance to win the FA Cup, and the Premiershit, and the Champions League thing....

Every Blue City fan we meet last night were quality, knowledgeable, friendly and respectable.  Changed my view of the club as a whole, will be cheering for them in the Champions League. Would love to get to this final but would much rather meet them again in the Premier League next season. 

2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I honestly can't remember any threads with the "Manchester" fans last month.

The Manchester City fans have been a credit to their club.  I only hope they get a chance to win the FA Cup, and the Premiershit, and the Champions League thing....

Not many on here perhaps but that would just support the perception of arrogance - not willing to engage with lower league fans. But I care across plenty on Twitter harping on about their divine right to more tickets.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This thread makes me like Manchester City more as a club, in the same way that threads with United fans last month made me like them less. Such a stark contrast between the blue fans (articulate, friendly, respectful) and the red fans (arrogant, hostile, entitled).

I know what you mean , not sure if it was on here or social media in general , but the Utd fans come across as a right bunch of arrogant , Billy big bollox almost to a man.  One point I differ from you, I can't like ManYoo any less       :no:  :nono:

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thanks CR. I think the difference is that most of us have been through the mill and know what it is like, so retain a lot of our humility, whereas your description of that lot is very accurate, I expect most that were giving stick out before your quarter final are locals, I know Bristol has a fair few of them from when I worked there, I had one take a swing at me in the Robert Fitzharding, near the Steam Crane in Bedminster one night, he soon regretted it ;)

22 hours ago, Robin 101 said:

Sure were not the biggest game of their season, but at rock bottom prices most can't be bothered to go to a cup semi final and those who did didnt attempt to create an atmosphere and saw their last min winner as a cue to leave. Thank God I was born a City fan cause if that's what supporting a 'super club' looks like I'd rather not bother

Also on the tram back in to Town a few said we should be walking the Championship as better than most PL clubs they’ve seen all season. One thing they are is very knowledgeable I might add! 

Man C fans on here do not have to justify themselves.

Stadium is fantastic, as was their hospitality and ticket pricing. Strange how the cretins moaning at the stewarding were the ones who ignored the advice re backpacks and bags (who takes 4 family sized bags of crisps into a game anyway) and would have been the first to have complained had an 'incident' occured. Match went off without issue, result.

We drank into the wee small hours with a few of their old timers and amazing how despite the major differences between our clubs, how many similarities there are. Since the move from Maine Road and the intake of new money they've added 40% fans, some plastics, some welcome returners, some new, many despised by the 'where were you Div 3 brigade'. Exactly the same could be said of us since Lansdown took over. A significant number of fans sat near me clearly had zero understanding of Law 12 so does that make them plastic, ignorant or both? Me, I'm glad they're there, hope they return and in time learn the laws. Also, some older fans giving it large about their 'visits to Maine Road - used to be next door' clearly unaware of City's history or historic location (yes they're now back home.) 

Given they've far more 'expensive' games and twice as many seats  it's not surprising some remain empty. What's our excuse? They usually only get 3k or so away tickets in the Premier so you either have to be very rich or very dedicated with a long track record to have enough priority points to ever get a ticket. They sell out each week. What's our excuse?

Library (stupid chant.) I'm told the acoustics at the Etihad are problematic, the fans we spoke to sat under us in Tier 1 struggled to hear us, though fans at the far end could. Ashton Gate - possibly one of the quietest grounds in the top two divisions.

Rather than criticise others let's get our own house in order first (and that includes the utter embarrassment of those 'fans' abusing the cabbies as we came out.)

Thanks to both clubs, players and fans it was a night to remember. Nuff said.

Of the home fans away fans point.

Away fans, especially when a reasonable to large following, tend to out sing home fans in the modern game in UK.

Reasons:

Firstly much greater tolerance of them standing. As we saw last night standing fans are much more likely to be noisy fans!

Secondly. When you travel a long way. You are more likely to make the most and sing, stand etc.

Thirdly. Travelling is thirsty work. Away fans like a drink. It all helps 

Fourthly. Home fans more passive now IMO.  A proportion anyway. Mix of reasons.. Culture, pricing out, aging fanbases. 

This post across the board English football not any specific clubs.

12 hours ago, Homer Simpson said:

They may be right. I can remember taking 10,000 away to a cup game. Also remember taking 17,000+ away to a league game. But until last night not sure that I remember taking 8,000 anywhere. I'm sure somebody on here can put me straight though.

Possibly 8000 away at Forest in same stage of this competition 29 years ago. West Bridgford terrace end was easily over capacity (as was the norm back then). Hard to find any online confirmation of it. 

My ribs hurt for about 4 days after that crush.

• Admin
56 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Has the FA Cup started then?  Why did no-one tell us?

Lee Johnson got confused and thought last Saturday was the FA Youth Cup :) 

As for Man City, I really like the football they are playing this season, their fans seem decent sorts and thus I really hope they win the treble this season ;)

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

I just couldnt believe the buildup before the game on the stage/screen by the shop. Every interview stating a ‘4 or 5-0 win’ so you could rest players for 2nd leg. 

Dont get me wrong you are smashing everyone but it just smacked of taking us far too lightly. 

What a great set up you have there though, fair play. 

I may have missed it but after the teams came out did the stadium announcer announce the Man City team and not ours?

21 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Library (stupid chant.) I'm told the acoustics at the Etihad are problematic, the fans we spoke to sat under us in Tier 1 struggled to hear us, though fans at the far end could. 

Considering the fan cam was situated at the front of tier 1 I suggest your completely wrong about.

8 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Possibly 8000 away at Forest in same stage of this competition 29 years ago. West Bridgford terrace end was easily over capacity (as was the norm back then). Hard to find any online confirmation of it. 

My ribs hurt for about 4 days after that crush.

IIRC 9k Finbarr

The Mancs around the stadium, the stewards, even the bloke at the offsite car park were just all brilliant. Friendly, welcoming and helpful. Even the police had a laugh with us. Don't know if that's their nature or just a bit more laid back against a team with very little history with to create any sort of ill will and a willingness to let us have our day. 

The stadium, and surrounding areas are just unreal. Their Academy stadium across is better than some Championship grounds. Would be the second best stadium in Bristol!!! The actual Etihad was superb. 

De Bruyne, Sane were great to watch, was a privilege to see Aguero when he came on. 

Minds been changed on them as a club. 'Glory hunting oil merchants' they are not. 

Hope they enjoy their trip down to us, but not too much obviously. 

The Etihad is a fantastic stadium and very aesthetically pleasing. 

However, if I was a home supporter it would have felt more like a visit to a cinema rather than a football stadium. It is just a little bit too modern and nice for a football ground. They even had flags in the home areas that looked as if they were produced by the club as they just didn't look or feel as if they were fan creations.

Man City would do well to move their vocal support to the other end of the ground tbh.

7 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Considering the fan cam was situated at the front of tier 1 I suggest your completely wrong about.

One assumes the 'fan cam' and it's directional microphone was pointed toward the upper tiers of the stand and not in the direction the fans were facing? The point they were making wasn't against us, simply that it's difficult to hear sound emanating from the above tiers. I've never been at ground level so couldn't comment.

15 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I may have missed it but after the teams came out did the stadium announcer announce the Man City team and not ours?

Usually both teams are announced around 10-15 minutes before kick off, then just Manchester City as the teams come out.

12 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

fan cam? wtf is that?! He's not wrong, my season ticket is in 115, the bottom tier of the stand you were in, to the right of the middle, I have been to many games where friends that are in the third tier tell me they haven't heard us down in 115, whereas we have been singing most of the game.

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

One assumes the 'fan cam' and it's directional microphone was pointed toward the upper tiers of the stand and not in the direction the fans were facing? The point they were making wasn't against us, simply that it's difficult to hear sound emanating from the above tiers. I've never been at ground level so couldn't comment.

One would assume Man City fans have heads that can change direction?

I do see the point your making as it's possible the noise will go over their heads.

However on the pitch the sound will come across very well .

Apologies if it has been but I havnt seen this Bluemoon thread highlighted anywhere

A must read

When fans of the opposition who watch their unbelievable side and Premier League Sides or Champion League Sides make such comments , you have to believe we are on the road to something very good

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/city-v-bristol-city-1st-leg-post-match.332454/

What a constant credit to Manchester City Fans and their football appreciation and grounded approach that thread is :clap:

Archived