IGNORED

Man City Fans

Robin 101

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Of the home fans away fans point.

Away fans, especially when a reasonable to large following, tend to out sing home fans in the modern game in UK.

Reasons:

Firstly much greater tolerance of them standing. As we saw last night standing fans are much more likely to be noisy fans!

Secondly. When you travel a long way. You are more likely to make the most and sing, stand etc.

Thirdly. Travelling is thirsty work. Away fans like a drink. It all helps 

Fourthly. Home fans more passive now IMO.  A proportion anyway. Mix of reasons.. Culture, pricing out, aging fanbases. 

This post across the board English football not any specific clubs.

On your second point, then, if everyone going to Cardiff goes up to Gloucester, across to the Forest of Dean, then back down and picks the M4 up at Chepstow, before proceeding west, then we might get the backing we will need over there. Or, failing that, at the very least, go over the old bridge, not the second one.

3 minutes ago, MCFC said:

Usually both teams are announced around 10-15 minutes before kick off, then just Manchester City as the teams come out.

fan cam? wtf is that?! He's not wrong, my season ticket is in 115, the bottom tier of the stand you were in, to the right of the middle, I have been to many games where friends that are in the third tier tell me they haven't heard us down in 115, whereas we have been singing most of the game.

That was the one thing that really annoyed me, it smacked me as arrogance from your club and very disrespectful towards us, as if we were not worthy of having our team read out just before kick off.

I've been going to football games for 20+ years and this is the first time I've ever seen a club announce the home line up but not the away line up.

Like I said you really need to move your vocal support to the other end.

4 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That was the one thing that really annoyed me, it smacked me as arrogance from your club and very disrespectful towards us, as if we were not worthy of having our team read out just before kick off.

I've been going to football games for 20+ years and this is the first time I've ever seen a club announce the home line up but not the away line up.

There's no arrogance in it at all, as I said, both teams line-up are read out, it's just what is always done. I get annoyed with all the crap going on before kick off, I'd rather just both teams announced ten minutes before then leave it. No need to announce it a second time.

15 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I noticed them do the shout out for their line up immediately pre-match, but they’d already read the teams, so was more a show thing.

Honestly; who cares?  And did it really bother you that much?  Personally I was too busy cheering on our lads to take offence to something so petty.

9 minutes ago, MCFC said:

There's no arrogance in it at all, as I said, both teams line-up are read out, it's just what is always done. I get annoyed with all the crap going on before kick off, I'd rather just both teams announced ten minutes before then leave it. No need to announce it a second time.

There was a lot of preamble pre-game; can 100% see why you’d get annoyed - and didn’t come across as arrogant; Newcastle did similar stuff when we were there last year, and my Geordie friend suggested it only helps quash naturally occurring atmosphere, which I tend to agree with.

1 hour ago, MCFC said:

Thanks CR. I think the difference is that most of us have been through the mill and know what it is like, so retain a lot of our humility, whereas your description of that lot is very accurate, I expect most that were giving stick out before your quarter final are locals, I know Bristol has a fair few of them from when I worked there, I had one take a swing at me in the Robert Fitzharding, near the Steam Crane in Bedminster one night, he soon regretted it ;)

Mate, every time I go in the Robert Fitzharding some**** takes a swing at me.

43 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Apologies if it has been but I havnt seen this Bluemoon thread highlighted anywhere

A must read

When fans of the opposition who watch their unbelievable side and Premier League Sides or Champion League Sides make such comments , you have to believe we are on the road to something very good

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/city-v-bristol-city-1st-leg-post-match.332454/

What a constant credit to Manchester City Fans and their football appreciation and grounded approach that thread is :clap:

Thanks for the link Bob.

I have now solved one of life's great mystery's.

WTF is Tit Cricket?

Tit cricket 

' game played at social functions where there are large amounts of women. You get one run each time you nudge a womans tit, four runs for a one handed grab and to hit a six requires a twohanded two tit grab, the bloke with the most runs wins.'

Anyone for tennis?

36 minutes ago, MCFC said:

I take my seat just as the teams come out, home and away, sometimes, like yesterday I was unable to pick up Internet so didn't have a clue what our starting line up was. 

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

I take my seat just as the teams come out, home and away, sometimes, like yesterday I was unable to pick up Internet so didn't have a clue what our starting line up was. 

Takes a couple of mins to suss it out then (especially with my eyes)!

24 minutes ago, samo II said:

I noticed them do the shout out for their line up immediately pre-match, but they’d already read the teams, so was more a show thing.

Honestly; who cares?  And did it really bother you that much?  Personally I was too busy cheering on our lads to take offence to something so petty.

There was a lot of preamble pre-game; can 100% see why you’d get annoyed - and didn’t come across as arrogant; Newcastle did similar stuff when we were there last year, and my Geordie friend suggested it only helps quash naturally occurring atmosphere, which I tend to agree with.

Your in danger of taking this off onto a completely different subject.

My issue is they read their line ups out and not ours. Not talking about any other pre match build up bollocks and if it should be done or not. My point is it is respectful to read both teams out. 

5 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Your in danger of taking this off onto a completely different subject.

My issue is they read their line ups out and not ours. Not talking about any other pre match build up bollocks and if it should be done or not. My point is it is respectful to read both teams out. 

They read out our line-up; I heard it - was earlier that fancy video thing you were talking about, which was part of the pageantry that the Man City fan above was saying they didn’t enjoy.

To get up in arms about not having to watch even more of that cringy nonsense, and taking it as some kind of slight isn’t worth the effort.

10 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Man C fans on here do not have to justify themselves.

Stadium is fantastic, as was their hospitality and ticket pricing. Strange how the cretins moaning at the stewarding were the ones who ignored the advice re backpacks and bags (who takes 4 family sized bags of crisps into a game anyway) and would have been the first to have complained had an 'incident' occured. Match went off without issue, result.

We drank into the wee small hours with a few of their old timers and amazing how despite the major differences between our clubs, how many similarities there are. Since the move from Maine Road and the intake of new money they've added 40% fans, some plastics, some welcome returners, some new, many despised by the 'where were you Div 3 brigade'. Exactly the same could be said of us since Lansdown took over. A significant number of fans sat near me clearly had zero understanding of Law 12 so does that make them plastic, ignorant or both? Me, I'm glad they're there, hope they return and in time learn the laws. Also, some older fans giving it large about their 'visits to Maine Road - used to be next door' clearly unaware of City's history or historic location (yes they're now back home.) 

Given they've far more 'expensive' games and twice as many seats  it's not surprising some remain empty. What's our excuse? They usually only get 3k or so away tickets in the Premier so you either have to be very rich or very dedicated with a long track record to have enough priority points to ever get a ticket. They sell out each week. What's our excuse?

Library (stupid chant.) I'm told the acoustics at the Etihad are problematic, the fans we spoke to sat under us in Tier 1 struggled to hear us, though fans at the far end could. Ashton Gate - possibly one of the quietest grounds in the top two divisions.

Rather than criticise others let's get our own house in order first (and that includes the utter embarrassment of those 'fans' abusing the cabbies as we came out.)

Thanks to both clubs, players and fans it was a night to remember. Nuff said.

Fantastic post, thank you for your kind words and obvious understanding of our history. We have always had a large following and attendance, whatever division we were in. Around the time we dropped into division two the club erected two temporary stands-the "Gene Kelly" (no roof and being Manchester it rained a lot!) and the "Casper stand" (supporters were provided with white ponchos to wear). I remember commentating to my wife at the time "City fans are bloody stupid, the worse we play the more come to watch us!"

11 hours ago, MCFC said:

We couldn't even win the Auto-Windscreens trophy, got knocked out at home to Mansfield :D

You realise MCFC that when you rack up half a dozen Premier League Titles and your third Champions League Title that still , in the corner will be a little space that seems empty and it will be only then that your heart will sink when you realise that you could have had the Johnstones Paint Trophy to your honours list

The honours board will never be ‘complete’

We decidedmany decades ago that we would instead build from the ground up with regular Gloucestershire Cup triumphs and further silverware in the Anglo Scottish Cup and the Johnstones PInt /Leland Daf

We decided to wait for our new stadium before we ever tackled the Division One and now the Premier League Title as our trophy room needed updating

It’s been a long journey of 100 years or so but we are getting there !

;)  :laughcont:

Enjoy the next couple of seasons because 

We are coming for you !!!!!

:boxing::laughcont:

12 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This thread makes me like Manchester City more as a club, in the same way that threads with United fans last month made me like them less. Such a stark contrast between the blue fans (articulate, friendly, respectful) and the red fans (arrogant, hostile, entitled).

Sadly, southerners can be like that.

Having read this thread I feel that we should all buy a half-and-half scarf as a token of our new found love!

Ok well not really - I HATE those abominations - but they do seem to possess special powers. When we arrived at AG on Tuesday morning, there was a guy selling them outside the ground. We stopped briefly at Strensham services on the way up for a driver changeover and the same bloke was offering his wares as we pulled up. When we eventually arrived at the Etihad, we alighted the coach and yes, the first bloke I see in the coach park was the same 'kin bloke selling the same 'kin merchandise! Did he teleport?

(I did see too many away supporters wearing them on the night. Shame on you for doing your best to make us appear tinpot!)

Man City are something of a cautionary tale: used to love watching them on TV back in the day of Kinkladze, Rosler, etc., and I think everyone harboured an open respect for them when they were pulling 30,000 plus during their plummet to the third flight. They were an antidote to Man Utd, a cool club that seemed mad (for it!) on and off the pitch. And Maine Road, wow, there was a ground that looked the real deal: all odds and ends and bang inside a tight grid of terraced houses. At a time when Liverpool were the Spice Boys and Man Utd were at their smug, pompous peak, Man City were a helter skelter club for real people. 

Then the money came, the stadium, the success. 

With the novelty of silverware wearing off, I'm sure many Man City fans aren't so keen on how it's all panned out - that is, their side becoming a blow-up doll being spit-roasted by Rupert Murdoch and some shady oil baron. 

There's modern football for you :( 

7 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Man City are something of a cautionary tale: used to love watching them on TV back in the day of Kinkladze, Rosler, etc., and I think everyone harboured an open respect for them when they were pulling 30,000 plus during their plummet to the third flight. They were an antidote to Man Utd, a cool club that seemed mad (for it!) on and off the pitch. And Maine Road, wow, there was a ground that looked the real deal: all odds and ends and bang inside a tight grid of terraced houses. At a time when Liverpool were the Spice Boys and Man Utd were at their smug, pompous peak, Man City were a helter skelter club for real people. 

With the novelty of silverware wearing off, I'm sure many Man City fans aren't so keen on how it's all panned out - that is, their side becoming a blow-up doll being spit-roasted by Rupert Murdoch and some shady oil baron. 

I absolutely loved Maine Road. Fantastic ground, full of character. The City of Manchester is relatively good in comparison to the sterile Emirates but nothing on the old ground.

Image result for maine road

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I absolutely loved Maine Road. Fantastic ground, full of character. The City of Manchester is relatively good in comparison to the sterile Emirates but nothing on the old ground.

Was full of more character with the old Kippax terrace. I used to live a short walk from Maine Road and went a fair bit when not seeing City play.
image.png.4129104b5edbda69c35933cc0a4c60f3.png

I think it's easy for supporters of Championship teams to criticise Man City attendances, but the reality is they are in every competition, also in the Champions League. All of these tickets, travel etc. on top of work/family/house commitments means you simply can't afford to go to every game.

If we are ever in the same position I for one certainly couldn't do it all and would definitely prioritize European away fixtures to hosting a Championship side at home on a Tuesday night.

Queue abuse from super fans.......

3 minutes ago, SARJ said:

I think it's easy for supporters of Championship teams to criticise Man City attendances, but the reality is they are in every competition, also in the Champions League. All of these tickets, travel etc. on top of work/family/house commitments means you simply can't afford to go to every game.

If we are ever in the same position I for one certainly couldn't do it all and would definitely prioritize European away fixtures to hosting a Championship side at home on a Tuesday night.

Queue abuse from super fans.......

Exactly. They are a huge club in their own right, but don't have the same level of support as United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc. Takes years. 

Their support is really a bit more like Everton or Newcastle. Great in it's own right, but without the worldwide reputation (and lots of tourists!)

If they keep winning though, that'll come.

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

The usual crock of sh1te that people without a clue come out with.

I guess all the rubbish posted across t'internet really does bury itself deep in people's psyche.

No offence, but that's just wrong, wrong, and very wrong.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Etihad. But I get your point.

Off at a tangent, I try not to refer to any ground by a sponsors name. These new 'uns are making that a challenge. Etihad = City of Manchester Stadium

7 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Off at a tangent, I try not to refer to any ground by a sponsors name. These new 'uns are making that a challenge. Etihad = City of Manchester Stadium

I'm pretty sure he meant the Emirates.... Seemed to be favourably comparing the Etihad (City of Manchester) to Arsenal's ground...

14 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

Ah no, I did mean the Emirates. Arsenal's ground. I think the City of Manchester (Etihad.. whatever) is slightly better as a new build than the Emirates which I liken to Wembley in being rather sterile and disappointing. 

37 minutes ago, MCFC said:

The usual crock of sh1te that people without a clue come out with.

I guess all the rubbish posted across t'internet really does bury itself deep in people's psyche.

No offence, but that's just wrong, wrong, and very wrong.

fair enough, I don't claim to speak for all or anyone other than myself. personally, though, and with all due respect, I'd rather sail in our boat than yours. All the best for the rest of the season, the obvious game aside :) 

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Having read this thread I feel that we should all buy a half-and-half scarf as a token of our new found love!

Ok well not really - I HATE those abominations - but they do seem to possess special powers. When we arrived at AG on Tuesday morning, there was a guy selling them outside the ground. We stopped briefly at Strensham services on the way up for a driver changeover and the same bloke was offering his wares as we pulled up. When we eventually arrived at the Etihad, we alighted the coach and yes, the first bloke I see in the coach park was the same 'kin bloke selling the same 'kin merchandise! Did he teleport?

(I did see too many away supporters wearing them on the night. Shame on you for doing your best to make us appear tinpot!)

Sounds like something from The League of Gentlemen…

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

To be fair, much as I hate half and half scarves, I'm much more sympathetic to people buying one as a memento of this game that most other games where I have seen them. That said:

a) I still don't think they should wear it at the game itself - the whole point of kits and scarves is to make a sea of colour of the team you support.

b)  you could just as easily make do with a programme. Incidentally £3 for a programme seemed bloody reasonable. 

Archived