IGNORED

Lee Johnson

AppyDAZE

I don’t think you can help but be impressed by him. I certainly cannot. From the steps he made before becoming our manager, to some of the ‘ out of the box ‘ ideas he had to see different types of management/stress situations, to how he conducted himself last season. & how he is in front of the camera. A young man on the up IMO, hopefully hand in hand with City. COYR 

Credit to him. Amazing resilience after last season. Definitely a tougher bloke than his friendly demeanour and well groomed appearance would have you believe. He's a fighter, I guess being a 5ft 6" centre midfielder in lower league English football who's spent many years of his career under the scrutiny of nepotism claims would naturally toughen you up.

I felt he looked a little overawed when Guardiola was vigorously congratulating him but who wouldn't! Set the team up bravely (and correctly) today.

Hope he can focus the team on Norwich. That'll be a tough game in itself.

Well done Lee.

Besides the performance which was amazing I thought he came across very well in the post match interview. I liked the fact while he acknowledged we had lost the game we are very much in the tie and would continue to play positive football.

There is no doubt what he has achieved this season is quite special to get a young team to play so positively week in and week out. I’ll be honest last season I would happily seen him leave, but you’ve got to admire Lansdown for sticking with Lee and Lee’s desire to keep going and turn it around.  

I thought mid table would be a good season, I’m in dreamland currently.

Lets hope tonight’s experience is another postive step and we get promotion. 

50 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

Could have gained some admirers tonight with that performance, especially with the Man City management team. Can never have too many good contacts in the game. 

11 minutes ago, cheesleywalksoncider said:

Besides the performance which was amazing I thought he came across very well in the post match interview. I liked the fact while he acknowledged we had lost the game we are very much in the tie and would continue to play positive football.

There is no doubt what he has achieved this season is quite special to get a young team to play so positively week in and week out. I’ll be honest last season I would happily seen him leave, but you’ve got to admire Lansdown for sticking with Lee and Lee’s desire or keep going and turn it around.  

I thought mid table would be a good season, I’m in dreamland currently.

Lets hope tonight’s experience is another postive step and we get promotion. 

Pep might think BCFC a good place to loan some of his players out 

Johnson, Holden and McAllister have coached more significant improvements in our outfield players than any previous management/coaching line-up I can remember.

Reid, Paterson, Flint, Pack, Brownhill, Bryan and a number of other players are just looking better and better everytime I watch them.

That deserves huge credit.

BeIn sports focussed on Johnson with their footage right after the final whistle.

He looked almost in tears, and was ready to let it out I suspect.

Pep came over, and you could see it was genuine respect.

I didn't ever rate LJ last season, but hold up my hands and admit I was totally wrong.

Wrong about his ability, tenacity and loyalty.

I strongly suspect that this will be looked back on in 25 years as a stepping stone in a splendid managerial career.

Fair play to him, and the ethos and passion he has bought to my club.

LJ, I salute you.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

After the Sky coverage I carried on watching The Debate and Liam Rosenior and, of all people, Craig Bellamy :shocking: were absolutely raving about him and us.

Both Rosenior and Craig Bellamy are always both very interesting to listen to IMHO

Both know their stuff , and talk sense

Think. Both will go onto become good managers

What Lee Johnson has achieved in 12 months is utterly unprecedented. I can’t recall any manager ever enjoying such a dramatic turnaround in that space of time.

Even putting results to one side, it’s staggering the way we’ve gone from a team looking so aimless to a team with such a clear identity and playing style.

Amazing.

7 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

After the Sky coverage I carried on watching The Debate and Liam Rosenior and, of all people, Craig Bellamy :shocking: were absolutely raving about him and us.

I was watching Bellamy on another debate show the other week and he was praising us and LJ. 

We know what Pep said to LJ but did anyone else wonder what Brian Kidd was saying as he seemed to talk to LJ for a while longer. 

Loved the way Pep said “They were fantastic” to come from a manager that loves to play the passing beautiful game that has to be a massive complement to LJ.  

6 hours ago, SX227 said:

BeIn sports focussed on Johnson with their footage right after the final whistle.

I didn't ever rate LJ last season, but hold up my hands and admit I was totally wrong.

I strongly suspect that this will be looked back on in 25 years as a stepping stone in a splendid managerial career.

LJ, I salute you.

Could we be looking at the next Eddie Howe? The way they play is very similar so imagine being in the Prem with a bigger crowd and enjoy the ride

6 hours ago, SX227 said:

LJ, I salute you.

16 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

I wanted him gone in the summer i wont deny but never booed him even when seeing us being ripped apart. 

Yes we could lose players but losing LJ would be a bigger loss. Im eating humble pie . 

All credit to those who are big enough and honest enough to acknowledge publicly that they misjudged LJ. There are a fair few others who could do with following your example. Good on you.

5 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

All credit to those who are big enough and honest enough to acknowledge publicly that they misjudged LJ. There are a fair few others who could do with following your example. Good on you.

Thank you .... This season would be fab to get promoted however i will always remember this cup run and tell my eventual gran kids etc  ... Even if we make it to the prem . 

You wont ever get another time like this especially as i thought LJ only got the job because SL was close to the johnson family . 

Archived