IGNORED

Bobby Reid, you are simply sensational

reddogkev

Long may the threads for this top Bristolian keep on pouring forth this season - absolute tiger of a player.

I am simply in awe at how good he is now, and honestly feel he could play for England - and I swear to God I am not exaggerating that point!

If we keep of hold of him through January, I will be absolutely ecstatic.  In the current market, I could see some Prem teams eying him for £15 - 20 million.

Am I being over the top?

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

We need to offer him the money to sign a new deal. He is vital to how we play. Him and Pato were absolutely outstanding tonight. I really do think both could make the step up to prem football.

100% agree.  I'd go even further, based on our cup games, the evidence shows all the team could step up.  Provided we maintained the same intensity throughout the league as we have in the league cup games, I'm sure we could be somewhere similar to Burnley.

13 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Long may the threads for this top Bristolian keep on pouring forth this season - absolute tiger of a player.

I am simply in awe at how good he is now, and honestly feel he could play for England - and I swear to God I am not exaggerating that point!

If we keep of hold of him through January, I will be absolutely ecstatic.  In the current market, I could see some Prem teams eying him for £15 - 20 million.

Am I being over the top?

Well yeah you exaggerating a fair bit as usual but he's a great player for us. Really matured this season and come into his own.

His energy and tenacity make him such a threat. I can't really think of a player he reminds me of, he's quite unique. 

The sort of player that opposition teams have to watch at all times. His link up play with Paterson was sublime at times.

What a talented and exciting young team we have. Great to watch.

We went toe to toe with Man City and only lost by a single goal. Proud night to be a City fan and exciting times ahead. 

6 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Am I being over the top?

Nope. Thing is though I don't think he is the finished article yet.  He is still improving and working hard. He has truly come of age. 

Half a season at the level and intensity at which he plays the game is so refreshing to watch. He must have a great attitude. 

I said it on the Marlon Pack thread, kudos has to go to our management. They are taking these players helping realise their potential. 

Just a bit of polish for Bobby Ried and the sky is truly the limit. 

Stevo

7 hours ago, Spoons said:

Where has bobby got this extra workrate from this season ?

IMO it's the difference in this season compared to others ... He just never stops working.

He works with Back2Action. Bristol based sports conditioning company. I think his rapid improvement in fitness and strength is with their help.

Interestingly, despite being at Everton, Yannick Bolasie still uses them. He credits them partly with his huge improvement whilst at Palace.

http://back2action.co.uk/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-evertons-yannick-bolasie-went-11781778

16 minutes ago, hodge said:

Guess LJ was right when he said he thought Bobby could be a £5m player.

Based on his superior skill with the ball in tight situations, his better footballing brain and his understanding of the offside rule, I reckon he is already worth 1.5 Kodjias.

Which is a lot more than £5m. On track for same goal tally too.

1 minute ago, Olé said:

Based on his superior skill with the ball in tight situations, his better footballing brain and his understanding of the offside rule, I reckon he is already worth 1.5 Kodjias.

Which is a lot more than £5m. On track for same goal tally too.

Oh yeah no doubt he's worth more, was more a case of LJ's quote about Bobby having the potential to be a £5m player which got a few laughs at the time.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Oh yeah no doubt he's worth more, was more a case of LJ's quote about Bobby having the potential to be a £5m player which got a few laughs at the time.

I've noticed that LJ's prophecies are gradually coming true.

Wasn't his claim that Bryan could be the best left back in the division also mocked at the time?

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Wasn't his claim that Bryan could be the best left back in the division also mocked at the time?

Europe it is then. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

And let’s not forget his claim we could be playing in Europe in five years. Turn it around in the second leg and it could be next season!

10 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Am I being over the top?

Darn it anyone else ran out of likes 

Archived