IGNORED

Flints header

RED4LIFE

To a man, I thought we were superb tonight, but I want to give a special mention to Flints goal-saving header in the first half. 

He may be off either this window or in the summer, but that header absolutely sums him up. Never gives up and always gives 100%. Forget the goals he scores, can any of us say Flint has ever let us down defensively? He was utterly immense tonight and barely put a foot (or head) wrong. 

Personally, I would be happy with a Wright/Baker pairing at CB, but there is no doubt AF sums up what this team is about. Belief in our own ability and the will to put everything on the line for the good of the team.

Aden, I salute you.

Brilliant instinctive defending. If he misjudged that by a second it would've been a Man City goal and he could've left himself concussed from heading the crossbar!

Was fantastic tonight and some of his challenges tonight were excellent. I remember his defending on Sterling in the first half was class.

9 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Brilliant instinctive defending. If he misjudged that by a second it would've been a Man City goal and he could've left himself concussed from heading the crossbar!

Was fantastic tonight and some of his challenges tonight were excellent. I remember his defending on Sterling in the first half was class.

Totally agree, but, for me, it wasn't instinctive defending ,he realised Frankie had to come out to close down Sterling and immediately went to the goal line to cover. That isn't instinct, that's clever, knowledgable defending. 

There are many other (far more expensive) players that would've given that up as a lost cause. Aden didn't and anyone who has watched him over the last few years has come to expect that from him. A 100% pro and the type of player that know you can rely on.

£30m for Mangala? Flint is twice the player he is.

1 hour ago, RED4LIFE said:

To a man, I thought we were superb tonight, but I want to give a special mention to Flints goal-saving header in the first half. 

He may be off either this window or in the summer, but that header absolutely sums him up. Never gives up and always gives 100%. Forget the goals he scores, can any of us say Flint has ever let us down defensively? He was utterly immense tonight and barely put a foot (or head) wrong. 

Personally, I would be happy with a Wright/Baker pairing at CB, but there is no doubt AF sums up what this team is about. Belief in our own ability and the will to put everything on the line for the good of the team.

Aden, I salute you.

Well said. That was one of those moments where you think: "How the hell did he do that?"

Genius. 

1 hour ago, grifty said:

Added another £2m to his price tag from that performance.

So £20 million then.

Flint is a monster, a talisman, a warrior. He scores goals, prevents goals and looks on it all as 'a job I'm paid to do'. Legend (although one or two would disagree).

If he gets an offer of Prem football and the wages that go with it then I'll wish him well provided we get the right fee. Anything less than that and I'm up the Gate with my pitchfork ready to give LJ a roasting... no wait a minute...  that doesn't sound right.

Aden Flint the best CB we've had since Shaun Taylor and, dare I say it, superior all round. And for those wondering, no Carey doesn't come close. Merrick, maybe. But then I'm a drunken old git and what the hell do I know?

"Get off my lawn", pesky kids.

Archived