IGNORED

Plaudits Thread

Show Me The Money!

I love plaudits. Here are two audio based plaudits:

1. Guardian Football Weekly - opens with about 13 minutes of praise for us, including Barry Glendenning getting confused about the quarter finals and Bristol City fan and author of this article - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/08/bristol-city-lee-johnson-manchester-city-carabao-cup - Ben Fisher. Importantly this also features a reading of Josh Brownhill's ode to Wayne Rooney.

2. Totally Football Show - after a small mention of Karanka going to Forest (and Forest's 4-2 against Woolwich Arsenal) there's a solid 10 minutes of James RIchardson et al chatting about our sexy sexy football. Plus a bloke from international newspaper the New York Times says that he thinks we are good. International coverage. Woof. Note - this one is slightly less effusive in its praise of us.

I love the plaudits but I’ve seen a lot of people say Man City weren’t at their best. Funnily the same was said when Man U came to town. Maybe it’s the opposition forcing errors, stopping their quick slick passing and putting them under pressure that caused this?

Never understood when people say a team didn’t play their best.

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I love the plaudits but I’ve seen a lot of people say Man City weren’t at their best. Funnily the same was said when Man U came to town. Maybe it’s the opposition forcing errors, stopping their quick slick passing and putting them under pressure that caused this?

This

1 hour ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

People saying that are generally doing so to try and not give credit where it's due.

Guardiola in response to "you'll have to play better in the second leg" said Man City played very well.

It wasn't an outstanding Man City performance, but that's partly because of how well we defended them.

We let them get wide and crowded the central areas where we had a height advantage, this eliminated crosses so they had to try and play through the middle of us, where we would have 6-7 players in a central area, sometimes more, which meant we could crowd them out.

At times Man City looked completely devoid of ideas, a credit to LJ and the players for how well we set up and played.

2 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I'v said it about us many times. Including against Manchester city.  I think we looked nervous goingforward at times which isn't like us....

Archived