IGNORED

Talk Sport

Simon79

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Anyone listen to the part last night with the Stoke fan wanting Johnson? I don't know who the 2 presenters are or who is which etc but the Stoke fan and one of the presenters were adamant that Johnson would take a job like Stoke if they came calling while the other guy said there wasn't a chance and presented good reasons including the fact its taken him 2 years to get his style implemented at City and he wouldn't get that at a premier league club, especially one fighting relegation, he's more than likely to get a chance at the premier league in future being 36 (countered by the other guy with Jaap Stam). Whereas the other presenter was convinced Johnson would go as a PL club could double his wages and give him a big signing bonus saying his agent would be on it.... Does anyone believe LJ would have an agent? He's a very intelligent guy and if you're going to talk about a guy being tempted by money maybe, just MAYBE do your research into the guy to make sure while said manager was a player he didn't sell renovated property for over a million pounds a go! 

Johnson does have an agent, apparently the same one as Taylor, which is why we knew about his release cause. Must be true a Rovers fan posted it on Man City’s forum.

On a serious note, Johnson isn’t going anywhere right now. He may leave in the summer if we lose a number of players and we don’t go up 

3 minutes ago, daored said:

Johnson does have an agent, apparently the same one as Taylor, which is why we knew about his release cause. Must be true a Rovers fan posted it on Man City’s forum.

On a serious note, Johnson isn’t going anywhere right now. He may leave in the summer if we lose a number of players and we don’t go up 

we all wanted him sacked this time last year i will hold my hands up and was rather dubious 

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Anyone listen to the part last night with the Stoke fan wanting Johnson? I don't know who the 2 presenters are or who is which etc but the Stoke fan and one of the presenters were adamant that Johnson would take a job like Stoke if they came calling while the other guy said there wasn't a chance and presented good reasons including the fact its taken him 2 years to get his style implemented at City and he wouldn't get that at a premier league club, especially one fighting relegation, he's more than likely to get a chance at the premier league in future being 36 (countered by the other guy with Jaap Stam). Whereas the other presenter was convinced Johnson would go as a PL club could double his wages and give him a big signing bonus saying his agent would be on it.... Does anyone believe LJ would have an agent? He's a very intelligent guy and if you're going to talk about a guy being tempted by money maybe, just MAYBE do your research into the guy to make sure while said manager was a player he didn't sell renovated property for over a million pounds a go! 

yes I  listened to this, one of the presenters argument was that if a PL club wanted Lee Johnson he would leave as there is no loyalty in football...A few City fans called in to say that there was as Steve Lansdown has supported Lee Johnson and would repay the faith shown in him. The presenters were arguing that Lee Johnson would be off because of the money..It was also put to the presenters that LJ is no fool and is  learning his trade and could have 30 years in the game if he does things properly, and would be mad to go to a club like Stoke or Swansea for a short fix

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Man City fans

‘Feeling very mixed when Aguero scored as they felt it unfair on us’

‘The loudest Away support heard at the Etihad’

‘Best team we’ve seen at the Etihad this season’

‘Hardest game we’ve had in ages’

Steve L , Lee , Jamie , Dean , Frankie, Bradley & every player (And every red who lost their voice)

Take a bow

:worship2::worship2::worship2:

Couldnt be prouder of our Club right now

Long day, but who is Bradley mate?!

Just out of interest, does anyone other than me, ever consider how well Nathan Baker plays, or how well he plays alongside Flint, and wonder if he’s anything to do with Flint’s form?

Anyone mention his tackle on (I think it was) Bernardo Silva, who looked around thinking, "where the f&%k did that challenge come from"?  Nope.

Very composed on the ball last night too.

Don’t underestimate his influence on both Flint, and Bryan, as well as latterly Magnússon.

Rock!

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Admirable support for LJ James, but don’t get too smug......it was only a year ago you posted about Aden Flint:

”He is no more than an average defender in this division...”

”We will need better than Flint if we want promotion...”

What do you think of Aden now?

I wasnt being smug at all. It is factual that not everyone wanted LJ gone.

Nevertheless I'll respond to this, irrelevant as it is.

I think he has improved a lot.

Defensively I think Baker and Wright are better and a more solid pair, but Flint brings a lot more now he has become an attacking threat again.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Just out of interest, does anyone other than me, ever consider how well Nathan Baker plays, or how well he plays alongside Flint, and wonder if he’s anything to do with Flint’s form?

Anyone mention his tackle on (I think it was) Bernardo Silva, who looked around thinking, "where the f&%k did that challenge come from"?  Nope.

Very composed on the ball last night too.

Don’t underestimate his influence on both Flint, and Bryan, as well as latterly Magnússon.

Rock!

I think Baker plays a huge part in Flints form.

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I wasnt being smug at all. It is factual that not everyone wanted LJ gone.

Nevertheless I'll respond to this, irrelevant as it is.

I think he has improved a lot.

Defensively I think Baker and Wright are better and a more solid pair, but Flint brings a lot more now he has become an attacking threat again.

So, you changed your mind about Flint because he ‘improved alot’ - yet you proclaimed not everyone was against LJ when he was awful - so you’ll agree there’s nothing wrong with some people changing their minds about LJ because he has ‘improved alot’ ...??!

3 hours ago, daored said:

I genuinely believe this will not happen. He moved around a lot as a kid so never had a team growing up like we do. We became that team (in spite of his treatment here by some) and I honestly believe he will be with us until he has managed us in the Premier League... Getting there with us and making a name for himself with us I believe is part of his drive.

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, you changed your mind about Flint because he ‘improved alot’ - yet you proclaimed not everyone was against LJ when he was awful - so you’ll agree there’s nothing wrong with some people changing their minds about LJ because he has ‘improved alot’ ...??!

Where have I even implied there is anything wrong with that?

Why are you looking for an argument over something so trivial as me saying I didnt want Johnson gone?

5 hours ago, Ayteomike2 said:

a down side is we are going to be looking at prem clubs lets keep the team together we play crap no one notices us pay well and we prem clubs start looking at us whatever the price loads of crates of cider must be in the fee not bloody expensive wine it only gets wasted 

I’m sure there’s a valid point in there somewhere, but punctuation is an invention well worth considering!

11 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Where have I even implied there is anything wrong with that?

Why are you looking for an argument over something so trivial as me saying I didnt want Johnson gone?

I don’t want an argument James, giving a view isn’t looking for a row.

I just knew people would start posting ‘I didn’t want LJ gone last season’ type comments, now that he’s turned it around, to highlight that they’ve got better judgement, which is exactly what you did. But then you seemed to forget that you said ‘Flint isn’t good enough, we won’t get promoted with him, he’s just an average defender’ type comments last season too...just an interesting observation. No need to look upon my view as me looking for an argument...

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t want an argument James, giving a view isn’t looking for a row.

I just knew people would start posting ‘I didn’t want LJ gone last season’ type comments, now that he’s turned it around, to highlight that they’ve got better judgement, which is exactly what you did. But then you seemed to forget that you said ‘Flint isn’t good enough, we won’t get promoted with him, he’s just an average defender’ type comments last season too...just an interesting observation. No need to look upon my view as me looking for an argument...

I actually didnt say "I didnt want LJ gone"

I made the point not everyone wanted him gone, I left my own views out of it.

Archived