IGNORED

New at OTIB

Barefeet44

Hey There.

I am new here at this site, but not a new supporter of BC. I have followed the team since January 1990, when the played Chelsea in the Fa Cup.

I am from Denmark. 

I did see the game yesterday and think it was quite a good game and is always surpriced how good Flint is at the defence. 

I saw the game with my son who support Man City and he made fun of me afterwards. But what do people belive in here, are their a realistic chance that BC can be in the final after game 2?

1 hour ago, Barefeet44 said:

Hey There.

I am new here at this site, but not a new supporter of BC. I have followed the team since January 1990, when the played Chelsea in the Fa Cup.

I am from Denmark. 

I did see the game yesterday and think it was quite a good game and is always surpriced how good Flint is at the defence. 

I saw the game with my son who support Man City and he made fun of me afterwards. But what do people belive in here, are their a realistic chance that BC can be in the final after game 2?

Welcome to the forum.

And to answer your question, after last night & the way we have performed throughout the season so far, of course we have a chance of getting to the final.

11 minutes ago, Super said:

Yep share a beer or two with Tommy!

13 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

@Barefeet44 - to get the true City experience you should meet up with the supporters from Sweden. Just across the border from you. They will give a unique insight!

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

@Barefeet44 - to get the true City experience you should meet up with the supporters from Sweden. Just across the border from you. They will give a unique insight!

Its better to be at Ashton Gate. I have been there a couple of times. 

Hey There.

I am from Denmark. 

Welcome Barefeet

Love our foreign based supporters 

Welcome :clap:

Hey There.

I am from Denmark. 

You now have the challenge of changing your son's allegiance to the proper City! Why not wager that if City win, he has to abandon his support of Man City!

City to win 2-1 in the next leg, almost a repeat of the Man Utd game....

Then we will beat Chelsea 2-0 in the final!

7 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

You now have the challenge of changing your son's allegiance to the proper City! Why not wager that if City win, he has to abandon his support of Man City!

City to win 2-1 in the next leg, almost a repeat of the Man Utd game....

Then we will beat Chelsea 2-0 in the final!

He would never agree to that wager, but I can make him wear a red shirt everyday if Man City loses. ;-)

2 hours ago, Barefeet44 said:

Hey There.

I am from Denmark. 

Always believe :yes:

3 hours ago, Barefeet44 said:

Thank you.

We have nothing of importence to support here. 

All the big clubs in Denmark are business clubs with no soul to support. 

It is great to have you join us.

I need to be honest. Man City right now are one of the greatest club teams in the world. They are taking the premiership apart. It would still be a huge shock and cup upset if we were to beat them over two legs.

If it all goes wrong on the night they could take us apart. What we do know with this team is they will play with heart and courage and give everything they can. As fans of a lower league side we are loving it.

If you want to win things it is one of the Manchester sides, Chelsea, whatever. If you want to go on a journey, with ups and downs,  lots of heartbreak, and every now and again a moment when dreams come true, a team like ours is the one for you.

Over 40 year’s of memories, and despite all the downs, would not change a thing. Mind you, if you have been following since 1990, you know much of this.

6 hours ago, Barefeet44 said:

Hey There.

I am from Denmark. 

Welcome to the forum.

Getting to the final is going to be bloody tough, but if we play like last night we definitely have a chance.

6 hours ago, Barefeet44 said:

Hey There.

I am from Denmark. 

Velkommen ven! :sub:

14 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Has anyone ever produced a world map of City supporters. That would be fascinating. For example how many supporters do we have in all 193 UN member states? Who is the furthest from Ashton Gate and other such trivia.

I once broke down in a town in Iraq, seemed to be a few Man U fans amongst the locals and probably a gashead somewhere but no obvious Zider fans. Should have taken some shirts with me.

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

It is great to have you join us.

I need to be honest. Man City right now are one of the greatest club teams in the world. They are taking the premiership apart. It would still be a huge shock and cup upset if we were to beat them over two legs.

If it all goes wrong on the night they could take us apart. What we do know with this team is they will play with heart and courage and give everything they can. As fans of a lower league side we are loving it.

If you want to win things it is one of the Manchester sides, Chelsea, whatever. If you want to go on a journey, with ups and downs,  lots of heartbreak, and every now and again a moment when dreams come true, a team like ours is the one for you.

Over 40 year’s of memories, and despite all the downs, would not change a thing. Mind you, if you have been following since 1990, you know much of this.

Thank you WelshRobin.

The story with Man City is pretty amazing. Two years ago my wifes sister lived i Manchester with an english man, their not together anymore. But me and my son was on Etihad in Manchester and see the game between Man City and West Ham. And we talked to some supporters from Man City. Its not that long ago since Man City was in League One and they said losing in Stockport was so bad. And when the new owners came it was like an angel sent from heaven with a bag full of money. No matter what, money can buy you a Championship, but they can't buy you a soul. I would anyday take a club with a soul over money.

In Denmark we have FC Copenhagen, which is a small Man City. A rich man started the club back in the 1990's by bringing two clubs together (KB, which is one of the oldest clubs in the world and B1903, an old club as well) Their are usually in Champions League or Euro League, but FC Copenhagen do not have a history. And the supporters which is using a lot of time to make Tifos and stuff for the games, are not being treated that good by the border. Its only money who counts, and that is not good.

Losing 5 games in a row can happen and its okay, if the opponent was better than you and the team fight like a lion. Man City was better yesterday, but the team played with heart and courage and even the danish commentators on the telly praised Bristol for the way they played the game. One of the commentators was Stig Tøfting, a former player at Bolton Wanderers, and he said if all teams have the same courage at Etihad, Man City would soon lose their first match. Bristol showed heart yesterday and have played a fantastic season so far. And it could be a dream come true if it was Premier League next season. Just look at Bournemouth. Why shouldn't it be Bristol City? Fingers crossed!!

5 minutes ago, Barefeet44 said:

Thank you WelshRobin.

The story with Man City is pretty amazing. Two years ago my wifes sister lived i Manchester with an english man, their not together anymore. But me and my son was on Etihad in Manchester and see the game between Man City and West Ham. And we talked to some supporters from Man City. Its not that long ago since Man City was in League One and they said losing in Stockport was so bad. And when the new owners came it was like an angel sent from heaven with a bag full of money. No matter what, money can buy you a Championship, but they can't buy you a soul. I would anyday take a club with a soul over money.

In Denmark we have FC Copenhagen, which is a small Man City. A rich man started the club back in the 1990's by bringing two clubs together (KB, which is one of the oldest clubs in the world and B1903, an old club as well) Their are usually in Champions League or Euro League, but FC Copenhagen do not have a history. And the supporters which is using a lot of time to make Tifos and stuff for the games, are not being treated that good by the border. Its only money who counts, and that is not good.

Losing 5 games in a row can happen and its okay, if the opponent was better than you and the team fight like a lion. Man City was better yesterday, but the team played with heart and courage and even the danish commentators on the telly praised Bristol for the way they played the game. One of the commentators was Stig Tøfting, a former player at Bolton Wanderers, and he said if all teams have the same courage at Etihad, Man City would soon lose their first match. Bristol showed heart yesterday and have played a fantastic season so far. And it could be a dream come true if it was Premier League next season. Just look at Bournemouth. Why shouldn't it be Bristol City? Fingers crossed!!

Sorry Cityexile, the answer was to your post. I just have to find out how this works. ;-)

33 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Welcome to the forum.

Getting to the final is going to be bloody tough, but if we play like last night we definitely have a chance.

Yeah! I bet 50 quid at BET365 that Bristol goes to the final. I remember a cup final for some years ago with Swansea and Bradford, so everything can happen.

Archived