IGNORED

John Stones 50 Million Aden Flint ?

Motorwayman

This is not a one off...

Aden Flint has proved himself over the last 5 years that he a top defender-I personally would rather him in City’s team than John Stones-(Sorry John!) 

If Man City spent £50 Mill on stones, then surely Big Aden is worth a few quid! How much do you think his stock has gone up this season.....?

Patterson, Korey, Brownhill, Bryan, Reid have all got to be worth at least £10 million plus in the current market, with a few others not far behind...

14 minutes ago, Motorwayman said:

This is not a one off...

Aden Flint has proved himself over the last 5 years that he a top defender-I personally would rather him in City’s team than John Stones-(Sorry John!) 

If Man City spent £50 Mill on stones, then surely Big Aden is worth a few quid! How much do you think his stock has gone up this season.....?

Patterson, Korey, Brownhill, Bryan, Reid have all got to be worth at least £10 million plus in the current market, with a few others not far behind...

Stones didn't have the best of games (been out for a while) He is still a class act and one of the best English defenders around. 

34 minutes ago, Super said:

Stones didn't have the best of games (been out for a while) He is still a class act and one of the best English defenders around. 

Disagree. Everytime I see him play, he does something stupid because he's trying to something fancy, when it would be more effective to play the simple ball. I think he's the most likely player on the pitch to make a mistake that leads to a goal. 

Maybe given time, and when/if he stops with the fancy stuff, he could become a class act. Currently I'd take Flint over him any day of the week. 

Just my opinion of course.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Disagree. Everytime I see him play, he does something stupid because he's trying to something fancy, when it would be more effective to play the simple ball. I think he's the most likely player on the pitch to make a mistake that leads to a goal. 

Maybe given time, and when/if he stops with the fancy stuff, he could become a class act. Currently I'd take Flint over him any day of the week. 

I like Flinty but seriously this is nonsense.

52 minutes ago, Taz said:

Blimey.  You judging Stones on this season or last couple? Probably been best centre back in the Premier League this season.  He is so important to how Man City play. A vital cog in the best team in the country.

Perhaps you haven't seen him much this season or watched him closely.  To prefer Flint is just deluded.  People are apparently entitled to their opinion but my opinion is they arent if they dont watch games.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

With the current market, I'd put Flint's value at about £18million.  We need to realise now that transfer fees have gone crazy and the market is obscenely inflated.

What other centre back fees have their been to justify £18m? Maguire was around that price and he is much better than Flint.

I look at players impartially, ignoring how much I love our own but I think many fans judgement gets clouded.  

56 minutes ago, Taz said:

Like Flints clearance from our penalty area that went straight to De Bruyne and which Frankie had to pull off a fine save from? 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What other centre back fees have their been to justify £18m? Maguire was around that price and he is much better than Flint.

I look at players impartially, ignoring how much I love our own but I think many fans judgement gets clouded.  

Granted, I recall from your posts that you watch more football than me, but I honestly can't see how Maguire is that much better.

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Granted, I recall from your posts that you watch more football than me, but I honestly can't see how Maguire is that much better.

I think Maguire has been superb for Leicester this season and will start for England this summer.  Flint clearly has limitations which were actually exposed a little last night. 

Maguire so good on the ball, quick over 5/10 yards and strong. Loses out to Flint in the air a little.

These are elite level champions league players we are talking about... minimum of 8 of Man City’s starting 11 last night would pretty much walk into any prem team without  breaking a sweat let alone our team! I’m enjoying this season as much as anyone but comparing our players with elite international players is a bit mental IMO and the kind of thing we would ridicule other clubs for.

Been thinking about the game last night, in particular, about Eliaquim Mangala.

I can’t remember seeing a more inept defender, at that level, for that money, ever before. He was absolute litter last night, I haven’t  seen any ratings for their players, but if he scored higher than 3, then the game has gone. The man cost £42m! Just let that sink in, £42m...unbelievable....Jeff.

Change the title to Mangala, John Stones had to partner him last night the guy is awful on the ball, Stones needs someone else just as comfortable on the ball to show his class. And even thought Bravo is a world class goalie he doesn't martial the defenders like Ederson does. By the way well played last night was a good game, knew you would score at least one. 

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I think Maguire has been superb for Leicester this season and will start for England this summer.  Flint clearly has limitations which were actually exposed a little last night. 

Maguire so good on the ball, quick over 5/10 yards and strong. Loses out to Flint in the air a little.

Maguire is a superb centre back, think he'd do a job for ANY of the Premier League teams.

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

Exactly and Flint error for second goal getting caught under the ball.  I do really think some things just get forgotten about.  

Agree with most of your comments RedDave, but reference the second goal, personally put it partially down to Wright not tucking in. A few seconds before the goal you can see Flint telling him to tuck in, which he doesn’t. Slightly off topic mind! COYR 

6 hours ago, Taz said:

I agree with your sentiments apart from the bold bit.  Stones is playing at the highest level, so mistakes are punished more than in Champ.

Stones should take a leaf out of Rio’s book, and learn to be a better decision maker.  He can play football, he can defend, but makes the wrong decisions.

He’s young, for a defender, you’d like to think he’ll improve...he has been better this season.

Did he have to lunge in the way he did last night?

Archived