IGNORED

Considered thoughts 24 hours later

22A

23 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Manchester City were a bit off their pace on Tuesday night. Their sights on their shooting boots weren't quite zero'd in. They were the better team, no question, but I do feel if we were promoted we could stay up (Priority number 1 surely). I'm still very proud of the fans and the team on Tuesday night, and whatever the eventual outcome of this season, it's been a helluva journey

Oh I agree, they are a far better unit than we saw Tuesday, and let's be fair their finishing was the only thing that was really off. I hope they don't get back on it for the 2nd leg.

11 hours ago, Up The City! said:

I tend to agree with you. The fact we scored, and scored 1st gives me huge confidence in the 2nd leg. 

Had it been 1 nil to you I'd have been far more concerned than I am now. 

If we perform like we did yesterday and then add the Ashton Gate factor into the mix then that gives me some confidence we can get a result against you. I'm not sure a 1 nil loss would have gave me the same confidence. 

The away goal sort of makes the tie 2-1.5. Had that been Arsenal or Chelsea you played yesterday even they would have been pleased coming away with that score line.

How will your players react to playing In such a intimating atmosphere? Every single fan in the stadium will be screaming their heads off and that's hopefully going to give us some sort of advantage. 

It would have been nice to leave the Etihad with a 1 nil or even the 1-1, however now I'm out of that moment I think that would have been a bad thing for us in this tie. It would have been great to have been able to talk about for years how we went to the Etihad and got a result but I think that would have seen you play your strongest side and really go for it, just like we now have to. 

As you saw in the last 10 mins or so we dropped deep and stopped playing our own game really and got punished for that. We would have done that in the 2nd leg had we got a result. Now we have to go for it rather than protecting a lead.

I'm hoping we score an early goal, to shut you all up :D

We're going out there to stick it up'em once more. The reason they were "off the pace" was that we didn't let them dominate in the way they've got used to. That's what happened.

At Ashton Gate the noise will be deafening. We have unfinished business with this competition and now we know for sure that we can go toe to toe with the best teams in the world, land one on them, bruise them badly, and bring them down.

Come to 23rd January 2018 Ashton Gate will be the most intimidating place in the world . We're not turning up to watch Manchester City, we're going there to frigging wrench the ball off them and win this bloody game of football.

We're Bristol City, we always believe. 

17 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Name and shame I say.

P.s. My voice is only this late evening early morning starting to recover... We all sang tirelessly. So hard in fact that my back gave out.. Does that make sense to any Doc out there? Particularly eieieio... Somehow that one just rips my lower back to shreds. But worth every groan and creak i had a plenty all nyt.

P.p.s. I have to say, although the stadium was gurt lush, our fish and chips are better down west me babbers.

Hav that’s really is backing the City!

On 10/01/2018 at 22:18, MCFC said:

I completely disagree with this, if you mean the players psychology? Surely the fact you scored and had a proper go at us, should make the players realise they don't need to feel afraid of the game? That alone should give them more confidence, as well as playing in front of a partisan crowd.

That's fair enough, but only quoting half my post does not paint a true reflection of what I wrote.

I appreciate it was a monumental effort by our lads to score and do so well. My post was really aimed at the media talk of 'didn't they do well'; it all felt a little like, well thats it, its all over... as I said in my post - I think more than ever we truly have a chance at this.

I just hope the players dont think 'that was their chance', their 'big moment - as all the Instagram posts were signed man city shirts, photos of the ground, how gutted they all were and thanks for the support.

I do get it, I totally understand it and what you're saying...  and it shows how far we've come that we were disappointed to lose, but let's save all that nice stuff for after the second leg and give it a right proper go. (Apologies im a bit more old fashioned! :P

We got this...

Im very happy, I was utterly crushed at the defeat and felt sick and couldn't even watch the news or come on here, but thinking about it it may play in our favor, they might send a weaker squad now and we would have to score anyway and let's face it we taught them a lesson in many respects. we are the side people want to cheer because we play with such attacking spirit, I was just gutted for them. But nothing was won, or lost. Still to play for, I just hope they rest Aguero and De Bruyne

18 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

We're going out there to stick it up'em once more. The reason they were "off the pace" was that we didn't let them dominate in the way they've got used to. That's what happened.

At Ashton Gate the noise will be deafening. We have unfinished business with this competition and now we know for sure that we can go toe to toe with the best teams in the world, land one on them, bruise them badly, and bring them down.

Come to 23rd January 2018 Ashton Gate will be the most intimidating place in the world . We're not turning up to watch Manchester City, we're going there to frigging wrench the ball off them and win this bloody game of football.

We're Bristol City, we always believe. 

This bought a tear to my eye , especially the ' ball wrenching ' bit , by God man get in that dressing room give them that prematch talk.

We are Bristol City . We play with no fear. 

Bring it on .

Archived