IGNORED

VAR - Ashton Gate 'Not Ready'

Cardy

2 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I believe if play stops because of a goal and it should have been a penalty at the other end they take the play back to the penalty meaning anything that happened in that time isn’t counted for including the goal. That’s my understanding of how it works.

It seems very harsh if you have a penalty shout that gets reviewed but your team still has the ball in the box and the game restarts with the opposition kicking it back to your goalie 

Both sides of the coin seem harsh.

I'd be in favour of a manager having x amount of challanges, I think in the nfl if you use a challange and it doesn't go in your favour then you lose another challange. Something like that I'd go for. Maybe if you use a challenge then it's a free kick to the other team?

On 1/10/2018 at 22:15, Septic Peg said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO is on the case and is letting us know the requirements for VAR installation in due course.

Hi all, 

Apologies in taking sometime to get back to you on this, but had to track down the right people to ask.

Ashton Gate is ready and good to go for VAR and the infrastructure is all in place. However the the football league have not issued the required technology hardware, like the Premier League have for their clubs. 

AS the BBC report said, VAR can only be used at Premier League stadiums where there is a direct link back to the Premier League studios west of London - where the VAR has access to between 12 and 15 camera angles, including four cameras in each goal.

The below links provide further reading around VAR

http://www.theifab.com/projects/video-assistant-referees-vars-experiment?tab=1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42604127

10 minutes ago, Barkhamred said:

How many people will be in the PL studios / how many screens will they have? What happens if something that needs a decision occurs simultaneously at several games -will there be a queuing system for decisions to be made?!!

You don’t expect them to have thought this through at any level of detail do you?

Archived