IGNORED

Pre-match music for return leg

hantsred

2 minutes ago, hantsred said:

a bit left of centre but this soundtrack has got generic lyrics and beat which actually could just inspire in the situation we find us in - give it a chance and listen to the lyrics before dishing:yawn:

How about 

NO POXY MUSIC

:mf_sleep:

Lets create our own noise

Sec 82 as the lead 

:clapping:

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How about 

NO POXY MUSIC

:mf_sleep:

Lets create our own noise

Sec 82 as the lead 

:clapping:

Completely agree. Blare out crap music in the Atyeo so they can't create an atmosphere, nothing in the home end so we can sing loud and proud. I think this is going to be louder than the Man U game.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I don't know why we don't play Portishead and Massive Attack pre-match. Moody, angry, Bristolian.

Saying that I'd sooner have no music at all.

most of the fans don't start filling the ground until 10 minutes before the game, hell most now not until a few minutes before. So it's nice to have something to listen to whilst everyones downing their pints in the concourse

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

most of the fans don't start filling the ground until 10 minutes before the game, hell most now not until a few minutes before. So it's nice to have something to listen to whilst everyones downing their pints in the concourse

It's mostly shite music though! Ed Sheeran and other certified nonces.

Tell Downsy to pull his ******* finger out and give something less awful a go.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

yup, local stuff - We are Bristol, have some amazing musical talent, shame the club cannot embrace it.

5 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

call me old fashioned, but how about a wall of cidered up noise from the stands? music at football is wrong on every level. 

because until 5 mins before the game the stands are almost empty, seriously where you all been the last year or two ? Poland ?

1 hour ago, hantsred said:

a bit left of centre but this soundtrack has got generic lyrics and beat which actually could just inspire in the situation we find us in - give it a chance and listen to the lyrics before dishing:yawn:

The more I listen to this I think you definitely have something here.  Good idea.

Needs to be very very loud though and timed correctly as those quiet bits where the guy is speaking would need to be, in my opinion, whilst the teams are in the tunnel then they enter the stadium to the ramped up heavy stuff.

I still like Republica / Ready to Go, yes it's old now I know but play that very loudly in the concourses in drinking up time.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

because until 5 mins before the game the stands are almost empty, seriously where you all been the last year or two ? Poland ?

and playing crap music really loudly will get people into the stands!? I'm not really seeing that. A run-out tune aside - which is often part of a team's / club's heritage and identity - there is zero need for music at football. That so many teams present the matchday experience as some kind of wider ill-devised entertainment package is one of the fundamental flaws of modern football. 

10 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

In fairness to poor old Downsy I don't think he decides the music. We have a new DJ called Seb who's on Twitter here https://twitter.com/Changing_Ways - hopefully he's receptive to new ideas. I've always been baffled why we've played that random Kill Bill track for years. I also don't know why we play generic pop music at any point - hardly the right demographic.

I think it would be pretty special for this game if they made an effort to encourage people to their seats 10 mins before kick off. Lights dimmed, no music.. just fan noise. The anticipation would be great and I think the atmosphere would be incredible.

Sadly though, thanks to SAG being weird about stadium lighting and the club understandably wanting people to drink in the concourses for as long as possible it's probably highly unlikely.

10 hours ago, Fiale said:

Bit of Bristol music pre-match whilst I eat my pie and drink my coffee - Massive Attack - Kosheen -  Wurzels - Bananarama (joking...)

Never underestimate the power of Bananarama...

"Eros Pisano's waiting...talking Italian"

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In fairness to poor old Downsy I don't think he decides the music. We have a new DJ called Seb who's on Twitter here https://twitter.com/Changing_Ways - hopefully he's receptive to new ideas. I've always been baffled why we've played that random Kill Bill track for years. 

I think it would be pretty special for this game if they made an effort to encourage people to their seats 10 mins before kick off. Lights dimmed, no music.. just fan noise. The anticipation would be great and I think the atmosphere would be incredible.

Sadly though, thanks to SAG being weird about stadium lighting and the club understandably wanting people to drink in the concourses for as long as possible it's probably highly unlikely.

Would be really special. Ashton Gate on its night is the loudest and most intimidating stadium in the country, though those nights don't come round all that often.

For all the good going on at the club there's a lot we could do better. For man city's visit id love to see Ashton Gate at is best, as you say, dark, no music, just our noise. Would be fantastic on TV.  

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Controversial but I'd bin that track off altogether! 

Sounds terrible and our fans don't even sing it at games! Far better Wurzels tracks to choose which we actually do sing.

I used to sing it when it was the correct version…now it's lost it's momentum. Plus it is unique to us.

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Would be really special. Ashton Gate on its night is the loudest and most intimidating stadium in the country, though those nights don't come round all that often.

For all the good going on at the club there's a lot we could do better. For man city's visit id love to see Ashton Gate at is best, as you say, dark, no music, just our noise. Would be fantastic on TV.  

It can be great for atmosphere. When our fans are up for it - home or away - we can have great support. Problem is that it's inconsistent. I'd love my idea to happen but sadly I don't think it's very realistic!

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I used to sing it when it was the correct version…now it's lost it's momentum. Plus it is unique to us.

Fair enough, can't say I've ever heard it sung by our fans but must be mistaken!

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It can be great for atmosphere. When our fans are up for it - home or away - we can have great support. Problem is that it's inconsistent. I'd love my idea to happen but sadly I don't think it's very realistic!

Fair enough, can't say I've ever heard it sung by our fans but must be mistaken!

I'm not that loud, I'm afraid… :drunk2:

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know there’s a lot of superb positivity around at the moment, and rightly so, but we ain’t even close to this Chief...

I'd honestly say that on it's night with all the right conditions (Hartlepool/Palace playoff, Bristol Derbies etc) there's a strong case for it to be in the top 10.

Ever for just normal games I'd say it's better than average.

Hard to quantify of course and just opinion based, but that's mine.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I know there’s a lot of superb positivity around at the moment, and rightly so, but we ain’t even close to this Chief...

I don't think that's particularly controversial. There's a select few games over the years where the gate has been absolutely rocking (case in point the united game). It doesn't come round very often but I couldn't name a stadium in England louder than at those games.

Archived