IGNORED

Pre-match music for return leg

hantsred

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

They could do a ,lot worse than playing Gareth Chilcotts , pre first leg ,rousing ‘speech’ featured on Local BBC and linked on here earlier in week

(just before the sides emerge )

‘ Success is forged , in the fires of failure.........’

As long they cut out my Jeckyll and Hyde contributions.......:sad26:.

36 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Do they? Where is that? The most I’ve heard is a few people clapping along and some older people mumbling along when the song is played.

What I meant though was people singing it spontaneously as one of our songs which they don’t.

I grew up with it being our song . Things is different now so I get it 

Do people really think that if there was no music there’d be a cauldron of noise from all three home stands brewing before the game? I’d bet good money there wouldn’t be.

Ground is half empty until about 2.55 anyway! When 5k people are happy to vacate their seats with the game still in play, what chance of them being there at 2.45 to rouse up an intimidating atmosphere?

Then take out the thousands of people who don’t ever sing anything (not a criticism but that’s how it is) and I really don’t think turning off the music is going to have the effect people dream it will. 

Having said all that it definitely needs a freshen up. Feels like we’ve been playing the same handful of tracks for years. 

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Do people really think that if there was no music there’d be a cauldron of noise from all three home stands brewing before the game? I’d bet good money there wouldn’t be.

Ground is half empty until about 2.55 anyway! When 5k people are happy to vacate their seats with the game still in play, what chance of them being there at 2.45 to rouse up an intimidating atmosphere?

Then take out the thousands of people who don’t ever sing anything (not a criticism but that’s how it is) and I really don’t think turning off the music is going to have the effect people dream it will. 

Having said all that it definitely needs a freshen up. Feels like we’ve been playing the same handful of tracks for years. 

I think for a special game like a semi final it could be different. Would need the club to encourage people to get to their seats early and dim those ridiculous lights. Wouldn’t have the same effect for Burton Albion at home in the league though.

As for the music yes absolutely. I can’t remember much variation at all over the last 10 years or so. 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think for a special game like a semi final it could be different. Would need the club to encourage people to get to their seats early and dim those ridiculous lights. Wouldn’t have the same effect for Burton Albion at home in the league though.

As for the music yes absolutely. I can’t remember much variation at all over the last 10 years or so. 

Yes to be fair for games like this then there should be no need to try and artificially generate a buzz! 

Though to be fair, we saw off Man U without too much trouble. Burton proved to be a much sterner test :laugh: 

Morning @Phileas Fogg @spudski

Apologies for only just replying. There is a glitch on my profile meaning I can't see what posts I'm being tagged into.

Music is a tricky one as you can never please everyone. I thought the Man City playlist was spot on and that they really used the anthems produced by Manchester bands (that sound awesome in a stadium) very well.

In the short term, If fans have music suggestions, happy for them to be emailed to me and I can pass onto the matchday DJ to be played earlier . More long term it would be great to have a match day playlist created by the fans, that features the best of Bristol talent and really helps to build atmosphere from when turnstiles open up until we go into team walk when fans should take over. Will have a think about this, but I feel anyone has any ideas please drop me an email. 

To be honest as long as we don't play goal music then I'll be happy. That moment is all about us as fans making as much noise as possible! 

I have passed the message on about The Original version One for the Bristol City, so hopefully we can locate this and get this back on.

Matt

ps - @Septic Peg whenever I hear music coming out of team dressing rooms I feel really old! I'll have to ask the boys for you as it's certainly not anything that I listen to!

51 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Morning @Phileas Fogg @spudski

Apologies for only just replying. There is a glitch on my profile meaning I can't see what posts I'm being tagged into.

Music is a tricky one as you can never please everyone. I thought the Man City playlist was spot on and that they really used the anthems produced by Manchester bands (that sound awesome in a stadium) very well.

In the short term, If fans have music suggestions, happy for them to be emailed to me and I can pass onto the matchday DJ to be played earlier . More long term it would be great to have a match day playlist created by the fans, that features the best of Bristol talent and really helps to build atmosphere from when turnstiles open up until we go into team walk when fans should take over. Will have a think about this, but I feel anyone has any ideas please drop me an email. 

To be honest as long as we don't play goal music then I'll be happy. That moment is all about us as fans making as much noise as possible! 

I have passed the message on about The Original version One for the Bristol City, so hopefully we can locate this and get this back on.

Matt

ps - @Septic Peg whenever I hear music coming out of team dressing rooms I feel really old! I'll have to ask the boys for you as it's certainly not anything that I listen to!

Well said! It's cringeworthy when teams do it. 

Mornin All,

newbie here. Alright? Defo agree we should give the music a break just before ko to let atmosphere build a bit, like the good ol days etc. 5 mins or so, especially before the big sellout games. The gate on its day is as loud as anywhere but I guess there’s no magic formula for making that happen all the time. We should also play local tunes, such as...

roni size.  Brown paper bag a real rouser even if a is a gashead

portishead - silence. Sounds good loud

massive attack- proper city fans so let’s have a bit of safe from harm

tricky - black steel...

Enjoy the game amigo’s

COYR.

On 11/01/2018 at 11:56, BigAlToby&Liam said:

How’s about getting Bristol’s greatest for the evening? Doreen Doreen :yes:

Or if Carol’s in her Crab Kitchen see if Colonel Kilgore’s will reform for a one-off.

**** me what a night that would be.

Paradise Cowboy blaring out and a fine City win. Colonel Kilgore’s Paradise Cowboy - YouTube it. You won’t be disappointed 

:yes:

Social Security............."I don't want my heart to rule my head."

On 11/01/2018 at 09:45, Rocky said:

If we do manage to win (eek) then the music at the end of the game should be The Wurzels - Don't look back in anger.

Great album that.

On 11/01/2018 at 11:56, BigAlToby&Liam said:

How’s about getting Bristol’s greatest for the evening? Doreen Doreen :yes:

Or if Carol’s in her Crab Kitchen see if Colonel Kilgore’s will reform for a one-off.

**** me what a night that would be.

Paradise Cowboy blaring out and a fine City win. Colonel Kilgore’s Paradise Cowboy - YouTube it. You won’t be disappointed 

:yes:

Well , we'll give DD a swerve . But the Kilgores were brilliant.

How about some 70's glam with a Bristolian punk twist.
Plus , Shane the drummer was a red, I've been all over the country following City with Dave (RIP) and the backing singers (?) were all lads from the Gate, sadly (luckily for you I) missed this recording opportunity.

I give you Vice Squad.

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Great album that.

Well , we'll give DD a swerve . But the Kilgores were brilliant.

How about some 70's glam with a Bristolian punk twist.
Plus , Shane the drummer was a red, I've been all over the country following City with Dave (RIP) and the backing singers (?) were all lads from the Gate, sadly (luckily for you I) missed this recording opportunity.

I give you Vice Squad.

Vice Squad is a phenomenal shout.

If we're going more hardcore punk you can't go wrong with Disorder. Bristol's punk scene was always huge.

Archived