IGNORED

2 Wins Away From Europe

Up The City!

Good points by the OP. This must be the closest we have ever come in our history to qualifying for Europe. In 1907, 1909 and 1920 there were no European competitions (we would've qualified in 1907 had there been, been one match away in 1909 and two in 1920).

In 1970-71 I believe the winners of the League Cup didn't qualify for Europe unless they were in the top flight and in 1989 English clubs were banned from Europe so had we won the League Cup we still wouldn't have made it into European competition.

Everybody scoffed when he said it, who’d have thought 18 months later we would be only two games away?

Don't think it’s going to happen for a second mind but you’ve got to give a huge amount of credit to everyone at the club especially LJ and SL for getting us into this position. Great stuff!

3 minutes ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Aren’t we 1 win away from Europe?

Correct me if I’m wrong but wed face Arsenal or Chelsea in the final both are more than likely to qualify for Europe CL/Europa giving a spot to the runners up of the competition?

No, runners up in the League Cup do not qualify for Europe. It’ll go to the next highest placed Prem side at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, The hand of RO'D said:

Aren’t we 1 win away from Europe?

Correct me if I’m wrong but wed face Arsenal or Chelsea in the final both are more than likely to qualify for Europe CL/Europa giving a spot to the runners up of the competition?

:punish:

I think it has been well established on here that if we don't win it the place goes to the next highest placed Prem club and not thé runners up of the Caribou cup .

Archived