IGNORED

Upgrading season ticket

formerly known as ivan

37 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

I have a spare u19 season ticket for Saturday. Am I right in thinking this can be upgraded to an adult for a one off game?

Thanks

It's cheeky to say this I know, but if it's a valid season ticket, it will gain you entry into the ground. 

I know the light flashes a different color depending on the age category of the season ticket but you'd be pretty unlucky if you experienced any issues. 

Some people may say, why cheat the system but at the end of the day its another bum on seat.. you could spend money in food and drink outlets, sports bar, club shop why your there.

extra revenue for the club etc. 

3 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

It's cheeky to say this I know, but if it's a valid season ticket, it will gain you entry into the ground. 

I know the light flashes a different color depending on the age category of the season ticket but you'd be pretty unlucky if you experienced any issues. 

It only matters if (a) a steward sees it and (b) can be arsed to intervene (apparently. . . ) 

10 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I really struggle why someone would want to rip off their own club...

Away I can understand but it’s simple maths. People who abuse the system just take money out the coffers.

I know it's petty to get annoyed but I see so many adults getting in on child tickets - the stewards don't seem to care, only fans who realise others are seeing a season for £100. And yes I do know people who do it all season, you only have to have an under 19's id to get the ticket - no-one seems to check who uses it.

10 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I know it's petty to get annoyed but I see so many adults getting in on child tickets - the stewards don't seem to care, only fans who realise others are seeing a season for £100. And yes I do know people who do it all season, you only have to have an under 19's id to get the ticket - no-one seems to check who uses it.

Some stewards do. I've seen cards taken off people and them be removed for using a kids ticket. Only 2 or 3 times to be fair, but still. I wouldn't risk it myself.

I hope they clamp down on it. I have never let an adult use my sons season ticket, without upgrading it myself. 

Why would anyone want to try a cheat our own club..?! 

Anyone doing it is a scabby tosser, who is no better than the Sags who sold their duplicate season ticket books! 

32 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I hope they clamp down on it. I have never let an adult use my sons season ticket, without upgrading it myself. 

Why would anyone want to try a cheat our own club..?! 

Anyone doing it is a scabby tosser, who is no better than the Sags who sold their duplicate season ticket books! 

Nice.

Such a balanced view!

10 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Nice.

Such a balanced view!

I’m not sure what’s “unbalanced” about it. 

If an adult wants to go and watch City then they should have an Adult ticket. 

There is nothing unbalanced about not liking people ripping off our club. To suggest that’s it’s ok because it’s another bum on seat, is utterly ridiculous! 

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

There is nothing unbalanced about not liking people ripping off our club. To suggest that’s it’s ok because it’s another bum on seat, is utterly ridiculous! 

Whilst you're on your high horse. Wondered how you feel about an adult letting a mate of his borrow his season ticket if he can't make the match. It's against the rules to let anyone else use it apparently.

For the record, I lent my adult ticket to my mum once, she was an OAP i.e. someone getting in on a more expensive ticket. Equally against the rules, but no one can seriously say that that's ripping off the club because she wouldn't have gone otherwise, and my dad (season ticket holder) wouldn't have gone either. 

9 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Whilst you're on your high horse. Wondered how you feel about an adult letting a mate of his borrow his season ticket if he can't make the match. It's against the rules to let anyone else use it apparently.

For the record, I lent my adult ticket to my mum once, she was an OAP i.e. someone getting in on a more expensive ticket. Equally against the rules, but no one can seriously say that that's ripping off the club because she wouldn't have gone otherwise, and my dad (season ticket holder) wouldn't have gone either. 

Letting your mate use an adult season ticket is not ripping the club off. The seat is suitably & appropriately paid for. No problem whatsoever with that, obviously. 

An adult scabbing entry on a child ticket is not! 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Scabby tosser?

You find that balanced?

We clearly have different standards on many, many things.

1 hour ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Scabby tosser?

You find that balanced?

We clearly have different standards on many, many things.

Cheating the club by deliberately & fraudulently under paying for entry to matches, whilst everyone else is trying to pull in the same direction to bring us some long overdue success.... yes, I’d stand by my description of people who do that. 

7 minutes ago, DOZZYBCFC said:

What difference would you have to pay? Is it the difference between the season ticket price for u19 for the match and the full price for an adult or the difference between the season ticket price for u19 and season ticket price for adult?

It’s the difference in season ticket cost divided by 23 and the POTD price. 

5 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

Not according to this it isn't if you follow the correct process.

What happens if I cannot attend a home game?
If you can’t attend a game and wish a friend of the same age category to use your season card you must let the club know (see terms and conditions). If the season card needs to be upgraded, e.g. from an under-12 to an adult, you must contact Supporter Services to pay for the upgrade. The upgrade cost will be calculated as the full price ticket minus the pro-rata rate of the season card. Please be advised that we will need to create a ticketing account for all supporters that wish to attend a game in place of the season card holder.

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/screenloader.aspx?type=include&page=documents/html/FAQs.html

Archived