IGNORED

Northern Supporters

Negan

Afternoon all. After reading the map of city fans thread I noticed a fair few northern supporting fans. I’ll be moving to Newcastle to buy my first house sometime this year and I’m wondering what it’s like to support city being so far away. I’m guessing none of you are season ticket holders? If so how do you manage it? I’d love to still attend home games every other week as a Saturday isn’t the same when you’re sat at home and City are playing. My guessing is you just attend away games when we’re up north? whilst that will be great as it’s local, I’m not sure if it will be enough for me :laugh: but I don’t fancy a 10 hour trip to watch us play at AG, especially when it’s a 0-0 vs Burton Albion! So I guess I’m just wondering what happens when you move up north and what its like supporting a team so far south! Is there a group of you up in Newcastle that get together to watch the games on tv or travel down together to watch the games? 

Thanks in advanced. 

22 minutes ago, Negan said:

Afternoon all. After reading the map of city fans thread I noticed a fair few northern supporting fans. I’ll be moving to Newcastle to buy my first house sometime this year and I’m wondering what it’s like to support city being so far away. I’m guessing none of you are season ticket holders? If so how do you manage it? I’d love to still attend home games every other week as a Saturday isn’t the same when you’re sat at home and City are playing. My guessing is you just attend away games when we’re up north? whilst that will be great as it’s local, I’m not sure if it will be enough for me :laugh: but I don’t fancy a 10 hour trip to watch us play at AG, especially when it’s a 0-0 vs Burton Albion! So I guess I’m just wondering what happens when you move up north and what its like supporting a team so far south! Is there a group of you up in Newcastle that get together to watch the games on tv or travel down together to watch the games? 

Thanks in advanced. 

Welcome up north!

It is different, used to be a season ticket holder so a big chance the usual weekend of when lived in Bristol. 

Personally I tend to go to away games , Midlands up, and the occasional London game mainly north London way. 

I don’t go to many home games reason being when I go home it’s to see family and friends and hate to say it football becomes in the way. My fix is away games 

I lived in Newcastle for 3 months. In that time i went from admiration for Newcastle fans to almost hating them, they drove me crazy. I'll allow you to discover why.

Now after living outside of bristol for 6 years, just be ready, you will miss watching city like crazy and in a way you just can't explain.

While a lot of things about you change,  to the point you have no idea what to call home. The football club connection never dies, and every time you do get to go, for 90 minutes it is like you never left.

I hope none of that sounds too cheesy, just how it feels to me.

(I won't even get into working on a Saturday too, that's horrific. Though football keeps me sane)

Archived