IGNORED

So Cardiff away......

BCFC1512

On 11/01/2018 at 19:55, Collis1 said:

Really Shelts? Really?

I find it remarkably patronising and unnecessary. 

I've not read one of her posts that is particularly enlightening or useful.

If on the other hand she'd be willing to explain why over the years the police have treated Bristol City fans like animals I'd be all ears...

Here we go... the police are shite, they're all scum etc. So boring! 

18 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Nope, bus. It's no coincidence that our game gets moved to a Sunday, and low and behold it's a day where you can't get there by train. It's good to see people aren't falling for Julie's excuse. If she's going to use fixture scheduling as the reasoning she might have at least put the effort in to find out that it's us playing on Sky the Sunday before, not Cardiff. 

And you might have put in the effort to understand that she said Cardiff’s midweek opponents Ipswich were playing on the Sunday, not Cardiff, which is absolutely correct.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And you might have put in the effort to understand that she said Cardiff’s midweek opponents Ipswich were playing on the Sunday, not Cardiff, which is absolutely correct.

Well the point being both us and Cardiff play Wednesday and playing Wednesday/Saturday is common enough so doesn't exactly stand to reason for a push back.

7 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Here we go... the police are shite, they're all scum etc. So boring! 

I never said anything of the sort. 

I will however refrain from being impartial about the weirdness of a copper posting patronising and disingenuous comments on otib. Especially when they have  such an appauling record of how they treat our fans.

Dawn raids and feeding mugshots to the press for relatively minor charges spring to mind.

41 minutes ago, Collis1 said:

I never said anything of the sort. 

I will however refrain from being impartial about the weirdness of a copper posting patronising and disingenuous comments on otib. Especially when they have  such an appauling record of how they treat our fans.

Dawn raids and feeding mugshots to the press for relatively minor charges spring to mind.

If those idiots behaved like normal members of society then you could have your 3pm kick off. Perhaps aim your frustrations at them instead of the police that have to come babysit them

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Haha you've got me there, though I think the points still stand.

It may seem as if I'm being harsh, but Julie has came on here before dodging questions and/or making up poor excuses for having excessive amounts of police officers + stewards in S82 (and none in the away end). Since being called out (herself, Mark Kelly, Storr), the police and stewarding presence in S82 has been minimal. Funny that. 

Also strange how they needed barely any police or stewards in S82 when we played Man United in a sold out game infront the TV cameras, yet against Leeds it was a "ratio requirement" to have circa 40 of them.

Personally I just can't trust anything the club or police say on matters like this. Double standards all over the gaff.

On 1/11/2018 at 20:15, Collis1 said:

Do us all a favour Julie and spend your time more productivity. I was quite happy finding out these kind of BS announcements from the club's official sources. We don't need you to tell us on here. :grr: 

I mean, I still haven't got over the irony of a police officer posting messages on a football forum given the brutal cuts to public services recently and the talk of lack of resources.

something honestly creeps me out about having the police on a fans message board.

Incidentally, what happened to the copper that clattered a bloke after the millwall game earlier this season? How's that in-house inquest going? 

5 hours ago, poland_exile said:

something honestly creeps me out about having the police on a fans message board.

Incidentally, what happened to the copper that clattered a bloke after the millwall game earlier this season? How's that in-house inquest going? 

Nothing came of it because the person himself didn't actually make a complaint. 

12 hours ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

If those idiots behaved like normal members of society then you could have your 3pm kick off. Perhaps aim your frustrations at them instead of the police that have to come babysit them

I don't think there are many cases where people have deserved to have mug shots printed on the front of newspapers and their front doors kicked in.

Why is it that suspects of much more severe crimes aren't treated in the same way? 

Fans want the police to listen to their concerns but don't like it when they act on feedback and grown adults are 'creeped out' by a police officer posting helpful information on the forum and engaging with fans..!

I think Julie does a good job of maintaining dialogue between fans and the authorities. I also do not think she makes the decisions she has to explain on her. Also whilst what she says may be able to be found elsewhere on the internet, it is often helpful for her to post that information directly where it is relevant to answer a point. This thread was about whether the Cardiff game would change, she explained that it had changed. Yes that information was available on the club website, BBC, Sky and other websites but it still answered someone's question who obviously wasn't aware. Julie does a good job and moaning to/about her isn't going to change the decisions made her bosses or the TV networks.

Don’t have a problem with her coming on this site though it does seem a little unusual. I prefer not to be given BS about this fixture change though, Bournemouth have a long trip to Wigan tonight does that mean they will be putting their match back to Sunday this weekend? Of course not, they travel to West Ham on Saturday for a 15:00 kick off. I think the authorities and football clubs treat football fans with utter contempt. No trains on the Sunday means I won’t be travelling to Cardiff

1 hour ago, BrightCiderLife said:

Fans want the police to listen to their concerns but don't like it when they act on feedback and grown adults are 'creeped out' by a police officer posting helpful information on the forum and engaging with fans..!

I think Julie does a good job of maintaining dialogue between fans and the authorities. I also do not think she makes the decisions she has to explain on her. Also whilst what she says may be able to be found elsewhere on the internet, it is often helpful for her to post that information directly where it is relevant to answer a point. This thread was about whether the Cardiff game would change, she explained that it had changed. Yes that information was available on the club website, BBC, Sky and other websites but it still answered someone's question who obviously wasn't aware. Julie does a good job and moaning to/about her isn't going to change the decisions made her bosses or the TV networks.

Personally, rightly or wrongly, I'm of the belief a fans forum should be limited to fans. As such, I'm suspect of even club officials posting on here, let alone police officers - it reminds me of being a kid and finding your parents snooping under your bed. I've said before on here, I'm not anti-police nor am I some kind of streetwise villain looking to score credibility points; I think our public servants do a grand and often unsung job, however, through experience i have a deep mistrust of officers at football that festers to this day. 

It's telling that the one time in recent months we've all wanted a police response (the Millwall incident), we instead faced a smokescreen and a reply that didn't go much beyond, "can't help you there lads, now let's just forget it ever happened." Now this has been done to death already, but if you or I smacked someone on the head with a stick at football the police would not wait for the victim to make a complaint before nicking us. 

Apologies in advance for turning this thread into a Fans v Police debate, but feel i needed to justify my earlier post before it's taken out of context.  

Cheers!

• Admin
30 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Personally, rightly or wrongly, I'm of the belief a fans forum should be limited to fans

As it is an open forum I am sure there are many members of our club and local police force that browse this site

I believe I am correct in saying the SC&T originally approached Adam Baker (who has always posted on here) and Mark Kelly to answer questions when raised, and I believe that there has been positive signs of questions / problems being raised and being responded to directly rather than not. This has now evolved with Matt Parsons being the new SLO / FLO and part of the role (as defined by UEFA) is to interact with the fan base via fans fourms etc

As per above Julie was approached to answer the questions she could, rather than leave simple questions un-answered

For what it is worth I dont agree with the outcome over the Millwall incident, but equally can see that having these people actively involved on this forum is of benefit to us all   

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

As it is an open forum I am sure there are many members of our club and local police force that browse this site

I believe I am correct in saying the SC&T originally approached Adam Baker (who has always posted on here) and Mark Kelly to answer questions when raised, and I believe that there has been positive signs of questions / problems being raised and being responded to directly rather than not. This has now evolved with Matt Parsons being the new SLO / FLO and part of the role (as defined by UEFA) is to interact with the fan base via fans fourms etc

As per above Julie was approached to answer the questions she could, rather than leave simple questions un-answered

For what it is worth I dont agree with the outcome over the Millwall incident, but equally can see that having these people actively involved on this forum is of benefit to us all   

Fair enough Phantom - as I said my post was to justify my position, not sow division or sound like a moaning git. If I didn't like this message board I wouldn't post on it! 

10 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Haha you've got me there, though I think the points still stand.

It may seem as if I'm being harsh, but Julie has came on here before dodging questions and/or making up poor excuses for having excessive amounts of police officers + stewards in S82 (and none in the away end). Since being called out (herself, Mark Kelly, Storr), the police and stewarding presence in S82 has been minimal. Funny that. 

Also strange how they needed barely any police or stewards in S82 when we played Man United in a sold out game infront the TV cameras, yet against Leeds it was a "ratio requirement" to have circa 40 of them.

Personally I just can't trust anything the club or police say on matters like this. Double standards all over the gaff.

So basically what you saying is that there was moans about the amount of stewards and police in Section 82 and so they done something about it. I can see why you are upset. The barstewards

Sorry to bring reason into the debate but is it not the case that if both clubs agree, a fixture can be delayed to increase recovery times.  And given that both clubs are playing on Sunday (rather than the usual Saturday), then Wednesday, is it not entirely plausible that both City and Cardiff would indeed rather avoid playing 3 games within 7 days - especially given that neither club has a midweek fixture the following week?

It makes perfect sense to me.  I realise this doesn't fit the conspiracy theory people would far rather subscribe to.

I'm really looking forward to us getting allocated 300, getting bullied by the police the moment I get in to Cardiff, aggressive stewarding you always seem to get there, long ball football on a chewed up pitch from Warnock, almost guaranteed violence, and all on a Sunday so I can't drink unless I want to be hungover for work. 

**** off.

8 hours ago, Big C said:

So basically what you saying is that there was moans about the amount of stewards and police in Section 82 and so they done something about it. I can see why you are upset. The barstewards

Well I partly think it's due to pressure on here and realising that the poor excuses weren't ever going to wash (particularly re police). Though I do think they'd have liked to pack out the section with stewards and police for United at home and probably Wolves as well, but of course that could then attract the attention of the TV cameras, perhaps draw a comment from a pundit/commentator and put the club in a bad light..

Archived