IGNORED

Gazza's kind heart.

Vincent Vega

Saw some old clips of him recently, WHAT A PLAYER he was. Heard a story from Ally Mcoist recently, about Gazza playing against Celtic & getting a bollocking from Walter Smith at half time at Parkhead. To only then disappear & make his way up to the directors lounge to have half a pint. To then come out & put on a MOM performance! COYR 

16 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Saw some old clips of him recently, WHAT A PLAYER he was. Heard a story from Ally Mcoist recently, about Gazza playing against Celtic & getting a bollocking from Walter Smith at half time at Parkhead. To only then disappear & make his way up to the directors lounge to have half a pint. To then come out & put on a MOM performance! COYR 

Youtube the one about them two and the fish!

Went to Italia 90. Was watching England a lot in the 90s. He is the only English player I have seen who I can honestly say mesmerised me when I was watching football.

The guy was on a completely different planet than anyone else - in football terms.

Love you Gazza!

Met him at a very quiet Newcastle airport two nights after the Sunderland game this season - he was with someone, think it was his daughter.

Bloke was a class act, smartly dressed, said hello to everyone, full of life - looked nothing like the character the tabloid press make him out to be.

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Went to Italia 90. Was watching England a lot in the 90s. He is the only English player I have seen who I can honestly say mesmerised me when I was watching football.

The guy was on a completely different planet than anyone else - in football terms.

Love you Gazza!

This.

Troubled life but an utter genius as a footballer.

No English player has played better at a major tournament than him since Bobby Charlton in 1966.

In my opinion only second only to him as an English footballer in my entire lifetime.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Met him at a very quiet Newcastle airport two nights after the Sunderland game this season - he was with someone, think it was his daughter.

Bloke was a class act, smartly dressed, said hello to everyone, full of life - looked nothing like the character the tabloid press make him out to be.

..and you can bet the likes of the s*n won't report on this.. but will be on his doorstep if he has another relapse.

Had the pleasure of encountering  Gaza numerous times at Englands training ground in Sardinia in Italia 90(Absolutely brilliant with every fan) and then met him when Ch 4 were filming a documentary / coaching class for kids at Wembley - He was brilliant , couldn’t have been better with the kids and spent hours in the evening with the kids playing games / cards

A footballing genius and a lovely fella 

4 hours ago, Tomarse said:

..and you can bet the likes of the s*n won't report on this.. but will be on his doorstep if he has another relapse.

He doesn't even need a relapse...remember the plea from his sister to the press to leave him alone. She spoke of the press, banging on his door and then running away whilst leaving bottle of Scotch on the doorstep....just so they could capture a nice photo. I hate our press with a passion

4 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

He doesn't even need a relapse...remember the plea from his sister to the press to leave him alone. She spoke of the press, banging on his door and then running away whilst leaving bottle of Scotch on the doorstep....just so they could capture a nice photo. I hate our press with a passion

Barstards . 

They can do that for me though ( single malt only ) 

6 hours ago, Olé said:

Glad to hear it. I hate all the tabloid junk him and don't think it's necessary to see a chap like him when he's down. 

That Gazza goal is definitely my favourite ever…

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Well the sun just announced they lost £24m last year.. every cloud

1 hour ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

I understood gin was his favourite tipple, but please tell me the doorstep and running away story isn't true. 

I saw him down in Broadsands (is that what it's called?) summer before last, just out on a Sunday morning, walking his dog in the sun. Spoke to everyone

I was so gobsmacked it was him, came over all starstruck and couldn't bring myself to go over and say hello, even though it was obvious he wouldn't have objected

An absolute gem of a player. If there's one bloke I wish nothing but health and happiness to it's Gazza, those memories of being 17 in 1990 will live with me forever

God bless the man

26 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I understood gin was his favourite tipple, but please tell me the doorstep and running away story isn't true. 

no it's absolutely true Phil. There are NO depths to which our Press will fail to sink

http://www.givemesport.com/842679-paul-gascoignes-sister-accuses-the-sun-of-mocking-her-family

Another one Mcoist tells of Gazza, is when they use to stay in a hotel, the night before the game. Mcoist was sharing a room with another player ( can’t remember his name), when he woke at about 4 or 5am, to look at the other player looking a bit lost staring at him. To then look up & find Gazza sat on the end of his bed playing a console I think it was. To then say “ Gazza what you doing? It’s 5 in the morning!”. Then Gazza replies something along the lines of “ I was lonely & needed some company!”. He had gone to the hotel reception & asked for Mcoist’s key! Mcoist instructed every other hotel after that to not give Gazza a key. COYR 

Archived