IGNORED

Chelsea's Village Green?

downendcity

2 hours ago, Nube Rojo said:

that's probably why it's been made public, I wonder who leaked it supports?

I think LondonBristolian could be right in his first sentence; Is it not the case that if you make a complaint to a council planning office your name and address go on public record alongside the publicly viewable planning application?

15 hours ago, MCFC said:

I agree, I really like it, it's different, not like the identikit grounds that have been going up all over since Derby's was built.

I wish we'd have been able to redevelop Maine Road, instead of having to move, we had the room for it. Still, wouldn't have been enough room for the academy etc.

Anyways, at least they are not being utter c***s about it, like Liverpool were, when they built their new main stand.

Hey mate, Just been looking to see where your old ground was, wonder how much you got for selling that land? https://www.footballgroundmap.com/ground/maine-road/manchester-city

Also I wondered what happened to the old pub sign. Did your club or supporters manage to save it to display it in your new ground? We have done this with our old wedlock pub sign and it is now up in our redeveloped end outside the bar. 

mancy sign.png

Maine Road pub.jpg

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Very harsh MCFC as the Etihad is a stunning home. I appreciate fans want to stay where their roots are (we did so it's easy to preach) but you have a beautiful stadium.

Out of interest, how far is the Etihad from the old Maine road? Moss side wasn't it?

Don't get me wrong, the new stadium is fantastic, I'd just rather we had this ground, back where we played for 80 years. It's 4-5 miles apart.

Funnily enough, we are actually really close to where we first started up, back in around 1878.

37 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Hey mate, Just been looking to see where your old ground was, wonder how much you got for selling that land? https://www.footballgroundmap.com/ground/maine-road/manchester-city

Also I wondered what happened to the old pub sign. Did your club or supporters manage to save it to display it in your new ground? We have done this with our old wedlock pub sign and it is now up in our redeveloped end outside the bar. 

Looking at that map takes me back some. I used to live the other side of Claremont Road (behind the North Stand): at one point so close to Maine Road that I recall leaving the Kippax on final whistle, walked home, got in and put the telly on before the classified check had even started.

42 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

mancy sign.png

Maine Road pub.jpg

Pretty sure that the land was given over as part of the deal to use the new stadium. I doubt it would have been worth much, it's a pretty poor area.

I never went in that pub, ever haha! I always use to use the Albert, Sherwood, Gardeners, Clarence, Beehive or Parkside. I have no idea about the sign from the pub.

I know the mosaic that was above the main entrance to the main stand was saved and is laid outside the new ground, though.

5 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Looking at that map takes me back some. I used to live the other side of Claremont Road (behind the North Stand): at one point so close to Maine Road that I recall leaving the Kippax on final whistle, walked home, got in and put the telly on before the classified check had even started.

Season ticket was in the Kippax, then when it became all-seater, I was in the North Stand, Block R, Row 4, Seat 029 ;)

1 hour ago, MCFC said:

Season ticket was in the Kippax, then when it became all-seater, I was in the North Stand, Block R, Row 4, Seat 029 ;)

Recall being in the house the day of the 5-1 in 1989: had just started work and my parents decided to drive up to see me that day: they came down Claremont Road from Rusholme at about 2.45: I went out to the main road to see them crawling through the bedlam of rival supporters, police dogs and police. Finished up in the Rampant Lion later that afternoon and could still hear the cheers.

1 hour ago, MCFC said:

Pretty sure that the land was given over as part of the deal to use the new stadium. I doubt it would have been worth much, it's a pretty poor area.

I never went in that pub, ever haha! I always use to use the Albert, Sherwood, Gardeners, Clarence, Beehive or Parkside. I have no idea about the sign from the pub.

I know the mosaic that was above the main entrance to the main stand was saved and is laid outside the new ground, though.

Shame that place got turned into a curry house. Both that and the Whitworth.

Archived