IGNORED

Derby Away

Scottyred

Agree, i think it's weird we take 8000 to an event and will be under 1000 to a match that really matters. The players said the support at Man C helped them so they dont need to tell us what looking up at thousands of empty seats in the away section will do to them. I know there's a lot og games and each one isnt for free but we have never had a better team challenging for the Premier league so, just make the journey and let's measure our growth as a club in more ways than a Craboooo cup run

I was just thinking the other day about how all the Derby fans are going to make comments about our away support next week :facepalm:

It’ll be around the 500 mark anything more would be a great effort. Falls before January payday, combine Xmas/new year with all the extra expenses needed for our league cup adventures results in the option to watch it on TV being the most sensible. Also, many won’t be able to get there in time. 

This has turned into e real pain. Had train tickets, and is costing almost as much again to move them for the Burton game, and we have no guarantee of tickets. I had to take 2 days holiday for Man City and it would be another to get to Derby, just haven't got the days to use.
Fair play to anyone who goes.
Same for Bolton, Leeds and even Cardiff is going to be difficult for me now.  Bloody Sky ! 

Yes I'm a hypocrite , I have Sky/BT but it's still annoying . Catch 22 , the team does well so it's more enjoyable to go, but Sky pick up on our good form and all of a sudden we're the new Leeds ! On TV more than the bloody adverts !

58 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Wasn't it Saturday last season?

Yes it was.

Tuesday night the year before.

We had about 8-900 up there last season which was pretty good as we’d just suffered the worst run of results in our history. I’ve got no doubt we would’ve taken more this season on a Saturday but SKY have pissed that possibility up against the wall.

Gutted, due to work commitments on Friday I won’t know if I can go until lunchtime on the day so hopefully we’ll have POTD. 

10 minutes ago, BCFC J said:

375 tickets sold. Absolutely pathetic.

This may have been mentioned before (apologies if it has), but this is the type of game (rearranged at shortish notice, on TV, difficult to get to for fans with regular working hours, coming after a hectic period of games) where the club could subsidise travel and/or tickets for fans - if it believes the support can count as an extra man.

4 minutes ago, Red7 said:

This may have been mentioned before (apologies if it has), but this is the type of game (rearranged at shortish notice, on TV, difficult to get to for fans with regular working hours, coming after a hectic period of games) where the club could subsidise travel and/or tickets for fans - if it believes the support can count as an extra man.

have City ever subsided travel and / or tickets? Can't think of a precedent. Would obviously be great to see, though personally would rather see that happen for another game. I get the idea the club could offer people a hundred quid to go up to derby and we still wouldn't shift that many people up there due to the friday factor / sky sports. Would be great to happen for a more remote saturday game. 

10 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

have City ever subsided travel and / or tickets? Can't think of a precedent

No, I can't think of one either. But the amount of times we are appearing on TV is unprecedented, too. And it would be a fantastic thing to do, IMO.

Archived