IGNORED

Derby Away

Scottyred

3 minutes ago, Super said:

Slightly less than went to the Etihad...........................

That's why I cringe when I see some of our lot spouting on social media about our amazing support, any club can take 7600 to Man City at £15 in a cup semi final.

380 for a game of this size is nothing short of pathetic, Tv, Friday, whatever the excuse.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Slightly less than went to the Etihad...........................

Just a bit... Imagine people were prepared to take time off work, family etc. for a semi-final, but simply couldn't do it or justify it for a re-arranged league game. Derby to the West Country is easy and cheap to do there and back on the train on a Saturday afternoon. A right 'kin pain on a Friday evening, though.  

4 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

That's why I cringe when I see some of our lot spouting on social media about our amazing support, any club can take 7600 to Man City at £15 in a cup semi final.

That's a fair comment. Luton took about 8000 to Newcastle the other day.

I was planning on going to this then rushing back to 'From the Jam' at the Bierkeller. frustratingly, both have been moved :(

As I will be working in Southampton on Friday, I can't make Derby in time for the match so miss that plus Bruce Foxton is injured and that's been moved to Easter Sunday.

Bah bloody Humbug! :grr:

32 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

have City ever subsided travel and / or tickets? Can't think of a precedent. Would obviously be great to see, though personally would rather see that happen for another game. I get the idea the club could offer people a hundred quid to go up to derby and we still wouldn't shift that many people up there due to the friday factor / sky sports. Would be great to happen for a more remote saturday game. 

I might be completely imagining it, but I think the club may have offered free travel to Brentford away in the cup a few seasons ago. 

14 minutes ago, Spoons said:

I'm assuming you are going ??

I am going yes, and I'm also not individually picking anyone out for not going because I understand circumstances are different for everyone, but collectively 375 is a truly w*nk effort however you try and dress it up. Take the rough with the smooth, people were happy to take the praise for our following last week, now it's time to admit this is a poor one.

9 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

And 100 for Bolton. 

Not being funny but Gas had 900 up there in midweek last season.....

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

889 there last season, 521 season prior to that.  Have not looked up the circumstances of those two games but it does seem as though Bristolians just don't really like going to Derby.

i remember going up for the epic 4-3 game in the early 90s - that was on TV, beginning of the season and a daft sunday kick-off. No idea what the official number was, but it was a mental atmosphere! at a guess we had about 1,000 up there and in fine voice we were as well! I don't blame anyone whose interest in the aways has faded mind - not the same anymore with the seats, the prices, the tickets in advance, the stewarding, etc. Drained the life out of football. 

12 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

i remember going up for the epic 4-3 game in the early 90s - that was on TV, beginning of the season and a daft sunday kick-off. No idea what the official number was, but it was a mental atmosphere! at a guess we had about 1,000 up there and in fine voice we were as well! I don't blame anyone whose interest in the aways has faded mind - not the same anymore with the seats, the prices, the tickets in advance, the stewarding, etc. 

Yes was there for that too. An absolutely bizarre game!

2-0 down early,  Derby keeper sent off, 3 goals for City (including that mental own goal from Andy Comyn with his first touch). 

Derby then equalise before Tangle foot Wayne Alison scores the winner in the last minute.

Crazy scenes in that away terrace along the side of the pitch.

A top away day!

10 minutes ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Yes was there for that too. An absolutely bizarre game!

2-0 down early,  Derby keeper sent off, 3 goals for City (including that mental own goal from Andy Comyn with his first touch). 

Derby then equalise before Tangle foot Wayne Alison scores the winner in the last minute.

Crazy scenes in that away terrace along the side of the pitch.

A top away day!

up there as one of my best days out with city. I would give a lot of money to have the chance to re-live that match. it looked like they were going to put a cricket score past us (I think this was the season when they had spent 10 million in the summer, which was practically unheard of at the time at any level of english football!). Went absolutely mental with every goal. Was right up against the Derby fans to our side :D The ground alone was magic and all - not many stadiums that were as gloriously weird as the Baseball. 

Coming out after, blimey, it was a hail storm of missiles and the coppers didn't help letting loose their Baskervilles on us - lots of walking wounded staggering onto the coach after. Proper bonkers day! 

Compare that to the dull (and bloody expensive) away experience now and I have no ill will towards anyone whose sacked it off. 

2 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

up there as one of my best days out with city. I would give a lot of money to have the chance to re-live that match. it looked like they were going to put a cricket score past us (I think this was the season when they had spent 10 million in the summer, which was practically unheard of at the time at any level of english football!). Went absolutely mental with every goal. Was right up against the Derby fans to our side :D 

Coming out after, blimey, it was a hail storm of missiles and the coppers didn't help letting loose their Baskervilles on us - lots of walking wounded staggering onto the coach after. Proper bonkers day! 

Compare that to the dull (and bloody expensive) away experience now and I have no ill will towards anyone whose sacked it off. 

You're right,  unfortunately the younger ones will never experience the good old away days of the past!

Yes they were lobbing missiles from behind the fence on the left.

They weren't so keen on standing there once the fences were pulled down that's for sure!

1 minute ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

You're right,  unfortunately the younger ones will never experience the good old away days of the past!

Yes they were lobbing missiles from behind the fence on the left.

They weren't so keen on standing there once the fences were pulled down that's for sure!

I missed the 70s and 80s, but so glad I caught the tail end of football in the 90s. Some fantastic trips around the country that will stay with me forever. Was a pleasure to follow the city up and down England, even if it was usually to see us lose :D 

Archived