IGNORED

Derby Away

Scottyred

23 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Seeing you're familiar with the ground, any guesses how many we had up that day? I'm guessing a thousand odd but have no idea what the capacity ever was. 

derby-county-the-baseball-ground-east-st

Away section was the terrace far 30% that you can see in the picture. At the time the ground capacity was ~25000, so I estimate that full terrace held about 5000, so therefore we had about 1500 there.

Back in those days they just squeezed in as many as they could though.

20 hours ago, B1ackbird said:

I'm jumping up and down when we equalise, I think  what made it so. Good  was the fact that we all thought we would get massacred after ten minutes..

Sticks in my mind as one of the best away days. The stoning afterwards not so good though! A friend of mine watched on tv (then free on terrestrial) and said one of best games he'd seen. 

Went there possibly year before for midweek game with a mate. Booked on morning for CATS coach. Crowd 11113. Always wondered if crowd would have been announced as 11111 if we hadn't gone or if figure plucked from air. Shows how attendances have changed as Derby were one of few clubs in that league getting five figures. Think maybe game we lost 2.0 but sang all way through and possibly Alan Walsh had bucket of water chucked over him by Derby player (sponge and all)....

Great draw last night. We have a really good team here!

Archived