IGNORED

Name game

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yep. Just looked it up on WIKI.

Is it a sign of age and oncoming dementia that I can recall the finals, teams and scorers from the mid 1960s (Roger Hunt, Bremner and ST John in 1965 and the never to be forgotten man from Cornwall, Mike Trebilcock in 1966) until the mid-1970s with no problems, but forget the late 1970s onwards?

Or is it (hopefully!) simply that I started playing regularly from the mid-1970s onwards and lost interest in professional football apart from City?

I assume it is now easily obtainable via Google, but I used to be one of a select few who knew not only the name of the first player to score at Wembley (in the 1923 'White Horse' FA Cup Final), but also the second.

Without cheating, how many of you know who scored the first goal at Wembley?

David Jack.

As a kid i’d Pour through Rothmans (the books not the fags) and the like.  I’d get footie annuals from the late 60s and 70s, even though I didn’t get into footie til about 1976 (6 years old).

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

David Jack.

As a kid i’d Pour through Rothmans (the books not the fags) and the like.  I’d get footie annuals from the late 60s and 70s, even though I didn’t get into footie til about 1976 (6 years old).

And the second?

I was often reminded of this by my late father.

18 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Yep. Just looked it up on WIKI.

Is it a sign of age and oncoming dementia that I can recall the finals, teams and scorers from the mid 1960s (Roger Hunt, Bremner and ST John in 1965 and the never to be forgotten man from Cornwall, Mike Trebilcock in 1966) until the mid-1970s with no problems, but forget the late 1970s onwards?

Or is it (hopefully!) simply that I started playing regularly from the mid-1970s onwards and lost interest in professional football apart from City?

I assume it is now easily obtainable via Google, but I used to be one of a select few who knew not only the name of the first player to score at Wembley (in the 1923 'White Horse' FA Cup Final), but also the second.

Without cheating, how many of you know who scored the first goal at Wembley?

Was it Aaron Wilbraham ?

Archived