IGNORED

Ryan Giggs

Redstreet

Giggs has no relevant managerial experience and no great allegiance to Wales as he hardly turned up for friendly matches. He is also a moral scumbag as he had an 8 year “affair” with his brother’s wife. If he was appointed as manager, what message would it send 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t think he’s prepared to learn his trade at League One or Two....and rightly mist chairmen above those leagues are wary of appointing someone with little / no experience and no affinity to their club.

Don't think he wants a championship job either

Didn't he win something like Sports Personality of the year once?

Then it was revealed he had his lawyers take out a super injunction to stop them revealing details of his clearly messy domestic life?

So not only is he a shit, but he then tries to hide the fact.

Wales are welcome to him, but let's face it, Bale & Ramsey aside most of the rest of their team are really English, anyway..

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Darren Ferguson is the son of said manager - and he's a ******* shit manager 

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Many great players have learnt from great managers and have gone on to be useless managers themselves. You can't guess who is going to be a good manager. No one knows what decisions they will make. Most people thought Gary Neville would be a great manager because he, like giggs, learnt from fergie, and mainly because he sounded good on sky sports. Means f all really. 

I don’t disagree with this. I’m not defending Giggs, I’m offering reasons why he might be considered and why it’s not as strange as the OP is making it out to be. If the Welsh are keen to appoint a Welshman - as they always have done - then the options are limited.

It seems that most Premier League teams would see his appointment as a risk, as when the teams around the bottom fired their managers he didn’t seem to be a front runner for any of those jobs.

Even teams in League 1 and 2 may see him as a risk. Like others have said, being a top player doesn’t guarantee success as a manager even when starting lower down. Who was the last PL player who succeeded when starting in the lower leagues? Hasselbaink at Burton maybe?

Perhaps his best chance at club level would be when foreign owners invest in a club and want a “name” to boost interest, like when Zola replaced Rowett at Birmingham…but that could also work against him because we all know how that turned out.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Didn't he win something like Sports Personality of the year once?

Then it was revealed he had his lawyers take out a super injunction to stop them revealing details of his clearly messy domestic life?

So not only is he a shit, but he then tries to hide the fact.

Wales are welcome to him, but let's face it, Bale & Ramsey aside most of the rest of their team are really English, anyway..

I remember Private Eye at the time printed a Manchester Utd team sheet with Neville etc. in it but in Giggs`s position it had `Unnamed Premier League Player`

3 minutes ago, South-of-river said:

So apparently Phil Neville is eyeing up the England (women’s) job.... still I give him more credit to start somewhere.. rather than try and EXPECT more than what he deserves. 

Apparently Neville has been approached regarding this position....but different to him eyeing it up....but as you say, fair play for wanting to prove himself rather than expect to walk into a glamorous role just because he won a few medals...that’s if he accepts the job!

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apparently Neville has been approached regarding this position....but different to him eyeing it up....but as you say, fair play for wanting to prove himself rather than expect to walk into a glamorous role just because he won a few medals...that’s if he accepts the job!

Sorry heard he’s been interviewed... and interested... my bad. 

1 hour ago, South-of-river said:

Spoiled his chances when he the Welsh FA asked what transfer kitty is available during the January window.

On 12/01/2018 at 21:09, South-of-river said:

On 12/01/2018 at 22:21, downendcity said:

Spoiled his chances when he the Welsh FA asked what transfer kitty is available during the January window.

@downendcity South of River’s post was about Phil Neville being linked to the England women’s managerial post...

Inspired appointment.

Apparently when he was interviewed for the Swansea job, he was asked what he would do to improve results.

His response was to say to "get the players to work harder".

The questioner paused, expecting him to expand on it, with examples of say, changes in the training schedules, a different fitness regime, etc, but this was his complete answer.

At least we know why they then appointed Bob Bradley instead..

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Inspired appointment.

Apparently when he was interviewed for the Swansea job, he was asked what he would do to improve results.

The questioner paused, expecting him to expand on it, with examples of say, changes in the training schedules, a different fitness regime, etc, but this was his complete answer.

Well I for one am looking forward to his first post match interview after they`ve been mullered by someone like Latvia.

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Inspired appointment.

If they were Going for a Welsh Rookie ex_player  - Bellamys credentials are better than Giggs … Like Giggs a top player but understands the game to inside and out and a great listen IMO

been doing his badges and loving coaching Cardiff’s Academy 

and is a mile sharper than Giiggs

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Absolutely no charisma whatsoever, at least Bellamy seems like a laugh/mad bastard.

So what attracted you to your millionaire football playing brother-in-Law? :P

Always liked Bellamy, played on the edge, sometimes over it, but never gave less than 100%

Archived