IGNORED

“Hard Sun” BBC trailer - Ashton Gate?

ChippenhamRed

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep and that Stand ain’t the Dolman...

It’s obviously not the Dolman but it looks an awful lot like the Lansdown. From the angle you wouldn’t really see the Dolman as it’s not tall enough. Anyway, just wondering!

Also if it is, that has to be a sunrise and not a sunset!

I think the 3 block thing probably settles it, although possibly one could be hidden behind another.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It’s obviously not the Dolman but it looks an awful lot like the Lansdown. From the angle you wouldn’t really see the Dolman as it’s not tall enough. Anyway, just wondering!

Also if it is, that has to be a sunrise and not a sunset!

I think the 3 block thing probably settles it, although possibly one could be hidden behind another.

Yep but even if it was the Lansdown, the flats are in the wrong place...

3 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

While it can look like the gate. Im not convinced. While its plausible that the tower on the left is blocking the 3rd tower behind it, the roof shape of the tower in the middle is wrong. Also to be looking this way requires you to face south-south east-ish. Sorry bad pic, I'm on mobile.

Screenshot_20180112-215106.png

Yep, the flat roof and the fact that the Ashton ones are double blocks.

4 minutes ago, CrazyInWeston said:

While it can look like the gate. Im not convinced. While its plausible that the tower on the left is blocking the 3rd tower behind it, the roof shape of the tower in the middle is wrong. Also to be looking this way requires you to face south-south east-ish. Sorry bad pic, I'm on mobile.

Screenshot_20180112-215106.png

The other issue is the left-hand tower has the extra bit on the top, whereas the blocks around Ashton Gate are clearly identical. I’m satisfied it’s not The Gate and think it’s probably Upton Park!

Archived