IGNORED

New Training Ground

JasonM88

3 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Doesn't really show top class facilities as suggested. That just show a load of extra pitches with a miniscule building. A far cry from the training facilities at some prem clubs... Maybe I'm wrong.

Most of the facilities in the building are below ground so it’s not a eyesore. MA said this in the interview regarding the training ground 

18 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Doesn't really show top class facilities as suggested. That just show a load of extra pitches with a miniscule building. A far cry from the training facilities at some prem clubs... Maybe I'm wrong.

What are you actually expecting to see from a training facility? As far as I understand, all training complexes consist of several pitches and a building that contains the required additional facilities......and that’s what we are getting.

the building is a hell of a lot bigger than the aerial CGI shows and will contain all the facilities the club deem necessary 

Ahhhh. I've been awaiting this. Nice to see some details becoming available.

A few things I've picked up on...

Continued use of existing pitches: "BCFC will continue to use the four football pitches on the rear site. It was confirmed that QEH have granted BCFC access to these through a long lease (100 year)."

Encouraging to see potential future Category 1 status featuring as a potential benefit (with some requirements to be met elsewhere): "The academy brief is to deliver a level of facility that satisfies the ‘Category 1’ academy criteria; on-site physiotherapy, sports science, analysis and education with associated ancillary. Furthermore, there is a requirement to provide a sufficient number of Grass Pitches and Changing facilities to meet the academy rules as required by the ‘Games Programme’. This results in 8No. Changing rooms, catering for home and away teams that are compliant with the ‘Football Foundation’ illustrative requirements. There are 3No. changing rooms for staff and officials. As part of the brief for pitches there is a requirement for a Floodlit Grass ‘Show-Pitch’, enclosed with perimeter fencing with designated areas for up to 500 spectators. There is also a requirement for a dedicated Goal-Keeper Training Area. The pitch requirements for the academy will be achieved through utilisation of First XI training pitches owing to timetabling and supplemented by the existing BCFC training pitches to the south of the site accessed via QEH."

"The Academy also requires additional facilities to meet FA Category 1/2 requirements, including an indoor training building, a floodlit external 3G all-weather pitch and the associated changing and other built facilities to support these. At this moment in time it has been considered more appropriate to locate these off-site and as such a site identification process for those elements is on-going."

Plans for a shared City and Rugby training ground were considered but dropped: "A proposal for a combined Bristol City and Bristol Rugby Training facility was brought forward for pre-application in 2014. The proposal was constrained by the previously consented pitch layout, and the proposed facility located in the south west corner of the site."   "The amount of development and resultant mass and bulk not appropriate for the site location."

https://planning.n-somerset.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=P0SKSYLP02J00

22 minutes ago, BOSRed said:

Have you looked at the full details? The plans showing what would be on each floor are quite interesting and certainly a million miles away from what we currently have at Failand.

On ‎13‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:31, MT1970 said:

Looks to me that we have simply stolen and rebadged the 15ers plans for The Colony. We truly are Ted Bastards.

24 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Quite a few objections coming in on this application from golf club members worrying about taking one on the head whilst they're on the 12th...

https://planning.n-somerset.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=P0SKSYLP02J00

Christ, this is like the dog walkers all over again. The objections are endless. Bad language from footballers. Wow.

33 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Quite a few objections coming in on this application from golf club members worrying about taking one on the head whilst they're on the 12th...

Some absolutely ridiculous complaints in there - Drainage?! What a hypocrital statement. All golf courses care about is draining water off their fairways with no care where it goes, unless it’s in their own back yard.

Nimbys again. 

Golf courses take up a massive area of land, and they complain about the impact on the local area - when our plans are for a total area of land equivalent to about 5 fairways of their 18 hole golf course. 

Swearing? Death by football on BCFC’s conscience?!

Talk about people with nothing better to do with their lives but play golf, walk the dog and wash their Kia estate.

:rofl2br:

Thanks to all who have posted pictures and diagrams for the training ground. I see this investment as one of the most important factors in making me believe that the club is finally being run at the level needed to be an established premier club. It seemed for years that SL put his money in but never had the people to rely on to invest it in the right way for long term success. It is unreal how so many pieces of the jigsaw are coming today after years of stories of ineptitude from ex-players and even ex-managers. Steve Coppell told my barber in London that it was a shamble behind the scenes for instance. Congratulations to all involved. Was the five pillars the beginning?

Why do I have a horrible feeling this will go a similar way to Ashton Vale...

I suppose in this instance at least we're dealing with a club rather than a group of residents any one of which could be a problem alone. As for the risk of balls flying either way I expect the club (City) would be more than happy to erect tall netting between the fields but some then complaining that it would spoil the views.... :facepalm: As for some of their complaints that it will negatively impact their membership numbers have none of them considered that parents of a lot of City academy players could be golfers and a club being right next to where their kids train and play could see their membership actually rise as a result....

37 minutes ago, Olé said:

Christ, this is like the dog walkers all over again. The objections are endless. Bad language from footballers. Wow.

These golfers are really grovelling at straws here. One of them even claims City will kill elderly golfers with stray footballs. Absurd and hopefully futile scaremongering. 

2 minutes ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

These golfers are really grovelling at straws here. One of them even claims City will kill elderly golfers with stray footballs. Absurd and hopefully futile scaremongering. 

The golf balls are the greater risk as well, they mention the buffer zone, you'd have to imagine it being up to 300 yards as well. 

1 minute ago, hodge said:

The golf balls are the greater risk as well, they mention the buffer zone, you'd have to imagine it being up to 300 yards as well. 

Could start a petition to close the golf club and turn it into a wildlife sanctuary. 10k+ signatures and we get a guaranteed government response. One of the golfers mentions impact on the local bat population, well what better way to safeguard the bats’ future than by turning the 8th green into a batty playground?

Archived