IGNORED

Parson street rail station needs Bristol City fans

Never to the dark side

With another high attendance expected against Norwich,why not give the train a try?

3pm kicks offs have good train times on heading to and from the gate

BTM to parson street

13:26

13:53

14:26

Return at 17:30pm

What I have done in the past is then walk the rest of the way

OR

If you spot a number 24 bus heading in either direction jump on board

Make sure you buy your ticket to Parson Street as then it proves passengers are using the station to get to Ashton gate

Until Ashton Gate halt comes back on line.

If you come in from Patchway Bristol Parkway Filton Abbey wood Bath Chippenhamn Swindon or Weston Super Marev  direction

I THINK that group save MAY be available asking when buying your rail tickets.

Doesn't work for me I'm afraid. Walking from St Anne's to Temple Meads takes just as long as walking to Bedminster Parade as you have to double back to get to the only entrance and then face another 20 minutes walk from Parson St to the ground. The other option is a slightly shorter walk to Lawrence Hill STN but then you have to change trains at Temple Meads to get to Parson St. In both options, walking the whole distance is comparable in terms of time to catching the train. Now if Ashton Gate halt and St Anne's stations were reinstated, then the train would become an option. I'll stick to Shanks's Pony on Fairweather days and the Park n Ride when it foul until then.

Always try and get the train from either Patchway or Bristol Parkway to games.

• No need to hunt around for a parking space.
  • Quicker than driving. 
  • Can have  a few beers! :shifty:

However, as someone mentioned above, night games its impossible because there are no trains from Parson ST after games.

Bus from South Bristol to North Bristol and vice versa - a lifetime!

Only other alternative for North Bristolians is the Portway PnR. Have just seen that they have put an extra Bus onto this route which was desperately needed.

No brainer to open the Ashton Gate station as soon as the Portished line opens (ok, i'm being positive!), but alas common sense is in short supply when it comes to Transport decisions in Bristol!

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Gifford,why not give this a try

13:12 Bristol Parkway to Parson Street through service arrive 13:30pm cost £4:60p

EIGHTEEN minutes journey time from Norff Bristol to Saff Bristol

I have a few mates in Bradley Stoke do this, bus to Parkway and in. One mate had taken over an hour in the car so when he can he gets the train.
Just wish they would open Ashton and put more trains on. Not exactly rocket science.

32 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I like the  @Never to the dark side posts, as they provide lots of info, sometimes about things I never realised I needed to know until I read about it . 

Agree. It was one of NTTDS’ posts a while back encouraging ‘travel by train day’ that prompted me to try it and I now travel from the New Forest to Parson St by train every match (or to BTM for evening matches - the 2 mile walk for those is also doing me good, especially going back quickly to make the last train!). Far more relaxing than driving - and trying to park. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Simple answer the supplier hasn't provided enough rolling stock for years, we'e bbeen banging on about it for seasons. Luckily GWR are finally starting to listen 

Yeah always rammed back to WsM, but then theres always the Miners Arms nearby.

58 minutes ago, kivsy said:

What’s parson street like for games to and from Nailsea ? 

Only 2 or 3 stops away from Nailsea I believe. That's where the train went through today on the way back to BTM from Parson Street. I'd imagine it's 2 trains an hour so pretty decent. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you to all those who used the train/s from Parson street after the Norwich game

I have to agree the night time trains are not a lot of good,

but 3pm kicks offs are okay.

If any one wants to put some personal input into improving Parson Street rail station

Come along to the meeting at Parson Street school this coming Tuesday 16 January 2018

Meeting starts 6pm

We ain't gonna change the World over night,but we have to start somewhere

On 13/01/2018 at 10:30, phantom said:

Simple answer the supplier hasn't provided enough rolling stock for years, we'e bbeen banging on about it for seasons. Luckily GWR are finally starting to listen 

I just wish they could provide rolling stock compatible with station platforms. I have used Parson St a few times, but can’t say I find it a pleasant experience getting off the train. The drop from the carriage to the platform must be at least 3 feet. 

52 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I just wish they could provide rolling stock compatible with station platforms. I have used Parson St a few times, but can’t say I find it a pleasant experience getting off the train. The drop from the carriage to the platform must be at least 3 feet. 

Are you sure you are getting on and off on the correct side?

;)

On 14/01/2018 at 05:44, Never to the dark side said:

Thank you to all those who used the train/s from Parson street after the Norwich game

I have to agree the night time trains are not a lot of good,

but 3pm kicks offs are okay.

If any one wants to put some personal input into improving Parson Street rail station

Come along to the meeting at Parson Street school this coming Tuesday 16 January 2018

Meeting starts 6pm

We ain't gonna change the World over night,but we have to start somewhere

Are there trains available after the meeting?

Archived