IGNORED

Norwich will absolutely batter us

Lew-T

They’ve got very good players, much better than ours and I can only see a heavy defeat here. 

Thought I’d bring us back down to earth after a recent thread.

0-3 Norwich.

*I was wrong, incoming.

This is an absolutely massive match for the team. Four straight defeats and an utter thumping at Villa so it's vital we take the points today.

Whilst some fans may think this one should be easy, I have no doubt that LJ thinks otherwise and I'm expecting to see similar heroic efforts as we did on Tuesday but hopefully with a better result .

Should be a really good match.

I believe that the mental tiredness will be far greater than the physical tiredness. We have fresh legs and minds to bring on (or start) in Walsh and Kent. The mental strain of putting up such a brilliant and intense performance on Tuesday against arguably the best team in Europe, is bound to have an effect. Even Lee Johnson, who has surely  confounded his most noisy critics this season, appeared mesmerised by the enormity of what he and the team where about to achieve. His failure to use the two substitutions available to him to twice break up the rhythm of Man City in those last few minutes, was surely down to mental fatigue. Normal thought processes were lost in the tension of the moment but he will surely learn.

20 minutes ago, jayjay said:

I believe that the mental tiredness will be far greater than the physical tiredness. We have fresh legs and minds to bring on (or start) in Walsh and Kent. The mental strain of putting up such a brilliant and intense performance on Tuesday against arguably the best team in Europe, is bound to have an effect. Even Lee Johnson, who has surely  confounded his most noisy critics this season, appeared mesmerised by the enormity of what he and the team where about to achieve. His failure to use the two substitutions available to him to twice break up the rhythm of Man City in those last few minutes, was surely down to mental fatigue. Normal thought processes were lost in the tension of the moment but he will surely learn.

I also wonder what the physiological effect of conceding that last minute goal will have?

5 minutes ago, Chivs said:

If you put a canary and a robin in a birdcage, who would win?

That's the only question we need to ask.

Think it would depend on what sized gloves they wore.

Well, to my intense frustration, I’ve got to sit this one out due to a galloping bout of seasonal lurgy that seems to be working its way through my entire social circle. Grrr. So it’s the usual lifeless Radio Bristol commentary, propped up in bed with the headphones on, and regular monitoring of the OTIB match day thread. Keep the updates coming guys.

Very significant game today for all the reasons others have stated. One of those where the result takes precedence over the performance. (Well, doesn’t it always in the end, but you know what I mean.) I’m the world’s worst predictor of scores, but my hunch is that it will be a poor but close game, with City scraping an uneasy, narrow but important win, so maybe a tense 1-0?

Cue goal-fest.

In all seriousness, we do need to ensure there is no complacency today and start the game with the same energy, passion and focus we are easily capable of - closing them down quickly. Energy levels will be key today.  Some of the posts on OTIB at the moment in all this euphoria suggests people think we could beat Barcelona and Real Madrid at the same time.  Whilst its a great time to be a City fan, we shouldn't get over confident.

I'm going for 1-1 today, don't think we'll get battered! :fingerscrossed:

31 minutes ago, jayjay said:

I'm not sure of this is a serious post or not?

No way would I have brought on the extra subs as we were doing brilliantly and to change players could have cost us the game when it looked we would see it out.

1 hour ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

They beat Brum and Milwall at home, drew away at Burton and a 00 against Chelsea reserves in the FA cup, other than Chelsea not exactly results agaInst form teams is it? Pritchard and Wildshut gone, fire sale underway, I reckon they will be a lot more worried about us than we need be about them.

Willian 

bakayoko

pedro

cahill

Luiz

.......they all played amongst others. Utd and City left some players out against us but I bet you don't talk about us playing the reserves. Norwich did well to get a draw agaist a strong Chelsea team. Let's not start getting arrogant.

31 minutes ago, NorwichbasedWurzel said:

Willian 

bakayoko

pedro

cahill

Luiz

.......they all played amongst others. Utd and City left some players out against us but I bet you don't talk about us playing the reserves. Norwich did well to get a draw agaist a strong Chelsea team. Let's not start getting arrogant.

Arrogant? I said with exception of the Chelsea result the other results are nothing to write home about, just trying to be a bit more positive than the doom merchants on here.

Archived