IGNORED

From relegation to promotion contenders

Fordy62

A little panicking going on on the forum, 5 defeats in the spin has been mentioned... but let’s be realistic. 

Last year we were relegation contenders. This year we’re promotion contenders. You don’t get from one to the other or vice versus without showing a little bit of form of how you used to be. 

We’re occasionally going to see the city of Last season come out when we don’t see the new vibrant one touch city we’re becoming accustomed to.

I don’t like losing games. None of us do. But do you know what, I’ll deal with it if we lose the next five too. I’ve seen enough to suggest we’re a good side.

Its not time panic just yet. We’re a very good side.

Onto the next.

I didn’t even see any of last season in that game, maybe not having the rub of the green. First half was poor and Norwich may feel they deserved that from their first half performance. But second half they had one shot of note and scored.

we struggled to break them down today but had our chances.

last season Tammy may have had us one up and we would have lost 2-1.

with 2 tough games on the hirozon  this has the potential to turn into 7 defeats on the bounce. But I’m not bothered. Been a hell of a season and we are still a work in progress 

Even in these recent defeats, we've still looked light years ahead of the team that lost 8 on the bounce last year... That side was unbalanced, lacked cohesion, was nervous and error prone and crumbled at the first sign of pressure. This current run is a mixture of bad luck, fatigue, small margins, big injury list and simply just being beaten by some damn good sides.

Norwich are a bery organised unit. Was always going to be tough to break down. Their problem is scoring and they got a goal today. It happens. We do need a striker and I know everyone likes our back 4 but we are an average defensive team and it is what is holding us back. 

We really need a Plan B at home when teams come and play a strong/organised defensive line.

If Brownhill's shot had gone in we'd have cruised home I expect. Fine margins at moment.

36 minutes ago, city1983 said:

I didn’t even see any of last season in that game, maybe not having the rub of the green. First half was poor and Norwich may feel they deserved that from their first half performance. But second half they had one shot of note and scored.

we struggled to break them down today but had our chances.

last season Tammy may have had us one up and we would have lost 2-1.

with 2 tough games on the hirozon  this has the potential to turn into 7 defeats on the bounce. But I’m not bothered. Been a hell of a season and we are still a work in progress 

Their goal, our crossing and free kicks was so last season.

I agree in essence with your post, but I believe 2 elements are letting us down at the moment and LJ touched on both in his post match comments. 

LJ: “Maybe not having that physical presence up front in the last few league games has cost us a bit. We’ve got to score the perfect goal at the moment.”

Everything up to the finishing touch is there, the problem we have is that we have to be so precise to get through, around and over teams due to us being a little one dimensional 

Thought Walsh showed some nice neat touches and certainly looks a very good touch player and will be an excellent addition

I’m going to reserve judgement on Kent following his 20 min cameo. Looked a bit lost at times but saw enough to think that given a few more sessions of training with the squad he will know his role and be a useful addition as he just ghosts past opposition players so easily

Not too downbeat but we need to get back to winning ways soon 

41 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Their goal, our crossing and free kicks was so last season.

I agree in essence with your post, but I believe 2 elements are letting us down at the moment and LJ touched on both in his post match comments. 

LJ: “Maybe not having that physical presence up front in the last few league games has cost us a bit. We’ve got to score the perfect goal at the moment.”

That tells me there's target man on the way 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

A little panicking going on on the forum, 5 defeats in the spin has been mentioned... but let’s be realistic. 

Last year we were relegation contenders. This year we’re promotion contenders. You don’t get from one to the other or vice versus without showing a little bit of form of how you used to be. 

We’re occasionally going to see the city of Last season come out when we don’t see the new vibrant one touch city we’re becoming accustomed to.

I don’t like losing games. None of us do. But do you know what, I’ll deal with it if we lose the next five too. I’ve seen enough to suggest we’re a good side.

Onto the next.

Well said that man. :clap:

Onto the next.

We are.  Bound to be the odd tricky spell, just like baadiff.  Get it out the way now and focus on the run-in with players coming back.  I'm still bouncing.

Onto the next.

Absolutely . Very well put Fordy 62 

Archived