IGNORED

Questionable credentials..

Son of Fred

It seems to me that for all the pretty football played at times we don't have that toughness/robustness/ needed to be a top six side at the business end of proceedings.

Much as Walsh/Kelly are good lads/prospects there is no way they are what's required to drive our achievements forwards to successful conclusion........   we are crying out for a proven goalscorer..

4 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Oh dear, let’s start having a pop at them after a 1-0 defeat

i take it you haven’t watched the first half of the season then where we out played, out muscles and out scored teams?

Get some perspective on things please!!

Oh,I'm 20/20...

We need presence.

Thought simply

Lee got the initial selection and substitutions wrong IMHO

We looked ‘flat’ today , possibly a reaction to the Tuesday night effort and exploits and partly due to the selection

We ran out of ideas as Norwich sat with five across the back incl 3 big centre halves whilst we played five across midfield and played triangles in front of them never breaking their lines or getting midflpield runners ahead of the ball (Save Korey who tried on a few occasions ) with only Bobby up top with zero support

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought simply

We looked ‘flat’ today , possibly a reaction to the Tuesday night effort and exploits and partly due to the selection

We ran out of ideas as Norwich sat with five across the back incl 3 big centre halves whilst we played five across midfield and played triangles in front of them never breaking their lines or getting midflpield runners ahead of the ball (Save Korey who tried on a few occasions ) with only Bobby up top with zero support

Got to agree with what you say about the substitutions. Why bring on a defender for an attacker when we're losing??

13 minutes ago, INCRED said:

i take it you haven’t watched the first half of the season then where we out played, out muscles and out scored teams?

I find it incredible that people can judge a player on one bit part performance.

It was a very poor bit part performance.

Other than Pato being further forward not sure much more could have been done. Kent barely been here and Walsh plays centrally. Was an uneviable task today imo for selection. Needed Djuric or Diedhiou and we just do not have them. Clearly Taylor and Woodrow aren’t going to be trusted to start so what more could he do? 

Fact is, we’ve got 2 strikers and a winger who would definitely offer something different injured...which means that 11/12 have had to play 4 very tough games (watford excluded) back to back. It’s highly likely we will lose 7 in a row ...for me it’s how we can perform qpr onwards with some squad depth returning. Anything from derby a big plus

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Got to agree with what you say about the substitutions. Why bring on a defender for an attacker when we're losing??

Said elsewhere -I agreed with Mags on and Flint going up top

Just that I would have had Flint up tip-top with Bobby as soon as we went behind (Possibly before) and left Taylor where he was, on the bench

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Other than Pato being further forward not sure much more could have been done. Kent barely been here and Walsh plays centrally. Was an uneviable task today imo for selection. Needed Djuric or Diedhiou and we just do not have them. Clearly Taylor and Woodrow aren’t going to be trusted to start so what more could he do? 

I expected to see Kent on left with Patto behind Bobby with Walsh only playing instead of Pack or Korey if he did

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Said elsewhere -I agreed with Mags on and Flint going up top

Just that I would have had Flint up tip-top with Bobby as soon as we went behind (Possibly before) and left Taylor where he was, on the bench

Oh I didn't even notice Flint went up top. That's how ineffective it was. As for Taylor, not someone a team hoping to get promoted to the Prem should be bringing on. Agard was better

2 minutes ago, Out of his pie crust said:

Fact is, we’ve got 2 strikers and a winger who would definitely offer something different injured...which means that 11/12 have had to play 4 very tough games (watford excluded) back to back. It’s highly likely we will lose 7 in a row ...for me it’s how we can perform qpr onwards with some squad depth returning. Anything from derby a big plus

Don't let facts and a balanced view spoil others posters whinging OC........

Was very much an 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' performance today after a massive midweek game, incredibly similar to the QPR performance I thought which was obviously after another huge midweek game. Was fearing it may be the case today but thought we'd get away with another draw. Let's just hope we can bounce back again as we have done so often this season. I believe we will. 

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thought simply

Agree Bob while Taylor isn’t pulling up any trees bobby looked isolated with their big centre backs...would have preferred 2 upfront...really hope famara is back soon

Several of the team looked tired and out of sorts, but I don't know whether physically or mentally, and I'm not qualified to say. 

Our first choice team, we will if fit, and is I believe, and I good enough to get to play offs or even automatic but to be really consistent we need another eleven of similar quality. This we don't have yet, but I like the way we are progressing as a club. We may still achieve our targets this season but more likely to be another year if building. 

Yes it would be great if it happens this year but patience is a virtue and may prove to be the best in the long term. 

2 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Agree Bob while Taylor isn’t pulling up any trees bobby looked isolated with their big centre backs...would have preferred 2 upfront...really hope famara is back soon

Can’t understand why he left Mags out to shoehorn Walsh in and took Patts out of playing behind Bobby - guess Lee had a reason

We simply had no link to Bobby who was totally isolated

29 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Spot on mate . This is a blip , not a rot .  The “ outmuscling “. Very evident in many games led by a transformed Pack and the reliability of Korey . Very tough run we are on but we will be in playoffs 

I think the team can learn something from Man City - patience. 

We played an exceptional game against Man City, reading the play very well and even when they broke through they were always hurried. However, they were patient right up to the end and kept plugging away at us and unfortunately for us they got that late winner. 

I felt we were perhaps too comfortable against a decent Norwich side but the second half we pressed the play a bit quicker and we were beginning to open them up more. I felt we lost that as soon as Walsh went off though. Maybe if we had shown a bit more patience the outcome would have been different.  Norwich looked much more dangerous on the break after the subs and we started changing our formation around.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

It seems to me that for all the pretty football played at times we don't have that toughness/robustness/ needed to be a top six side at the business end of proceedings.

Much as Walsh/Kelly are good lads/prospects there is no way they are what's required to drive our achievements forwards to successful conclusion........   we are crying out for a proven goalscorer..

Diedhiou.

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

Please tell me who the proven championship goalscorer is who we can be assured will come here.

We have our record signing still to return. He certainly has presence, and was averaging better than a goal every other game before he was injured.

1 hour ago, AshtonGreat said:

Because he also pushed Flint up and Magnússon's job was to punt long balls up for Flinty to knock down for Taylor, Kent, Brownhill or Bryan. And it almost worked, had it not been for an incredibly good save,

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

At the end of the day, the Carabou Cup - which we won't win - will be our undoing

Agreed. Been a great story but it's now becoming an overhyped distraction given our current situation. The sooner its over and we're out, the sooner we can focus on getting the league campaign back on track. Unfortunately that combined with the injuries has resulted in our recent slump.

Archived