IGNORED

Questionable credentials..

Son of Fred

I thought playing Korey, Pack & Walsh all centrally kind of upset our usual pattern and movement. 

Pato & Brownhill usually create lots of confusion for the opposition by moving inside a lot, switching positions, getting close to the lone Bobby. But with all 3 central players, it seemed to stifle that movement by Pato & Brownhill, and thus made us rigid and more predictable, as well as isolating Bobby. 

Whilst I thought Walsh was good, playing him with both Pack & Smith upset our usual play. 

Hope I’m wrong but did think there was a flashback to last season with a lee tinkering and wanting to play his new toys

Couldmhave understood if he’d played Kent or Walsh to rest someone , but a like for like swap - if it ain’t broke etc

Thought Patts May be rested or on the bench as he’s clearly not %100 and running ‘gingerly’ at times but to play him but then shove him wide :blink:

It was if he was determined to ‘unleash’ Walsh , (unless ther was some tactical plan behind it )

I’m still  not sure who was meant to be supporting / linking Bobby :blink:

9 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

No I didn't. We didn't look like scoring in the whole game, bar maybe Brownhill's effort

Did you leave before the end?  Gunn had to perform a double save and palm the ball off his goal line, after a long ball from Mags found Flinty. 

3 hours ago, Flagon said:

I think the team can learn something from Man City - patience. 

We played an exceptional game against Man City, reading the play very well and even when they broke through they were always hurried. However, they were patient right up to the end and kept plugging away at us and unfortunately for us they got that late winner. 

I felt we were perhaps too comfortable against a decent Norwich side but the second half we pressed the play a bit quicker and we were beginning to open them up more. I felt we lost that as soon as Walsh went off though. Maybe if we had shown a bit more patience the outcome would have been different.  Norwich looked much more dangerous on the break after the subs and we started changing our formation around.

Funny that at the start of the season I said we had to be a bit more clinical and professional to turn 5 defeats into 5 draws, giving us 59 points and no relegation scrap.

We’ve done that in spades up until recently, and maybe we have got a little ahead of ourselves in pressing for wins, when perhaps we take the point and keep unbeaten - breeding a bit of "we’re unbeatable" attitude.

Wolves - we should’ve taken a point

Villa - we should’ve taken stock at 0-2 and continued to play our way....a goal and they maybe concede another.  We go gung-ho and lose 0-5 (made no difference to the points I know)

Norwich - take the point.

Okay, it’s only two points, and LJ’s tactics and subs have been admirable, but with a team showing tiredness, maybe take what you’ve got.

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Hope I’m wrong but did think there was a flashback to last season with a lee tinkering and wanting to play his new toys

Couldmhave understood if he’d played Kent or Walsh to rest someone , but a like for like swap - if it ain’t broke etc

Thought Patts May be rested or on the bench as he’s clearly not %100 and running ‘gingerly’ at times but to play him but then shove him wide :blink:

It was if he was determined to ‘unleash’ Walsh , (unless ther was some tactical plan behind it )

I’m still  not sure who was meant to be supporting / linking Bobby :blink:

Good post...I'm outa' likes!!

4 hours ago, hodge said:

To sign a 'proven' championship striker you're talking about spending around £10m, we're not going to be doubling our record transfer. 

Then we have to settle for mid table

A crime when investment now could be retuned tenfold next season

6 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

A way to go I suppose in this window but you've described the gut feel of it right now that were just gona fade away quietly..and that indeed would be a crime.

11 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Odd isn't it that we didn't throw the kitchen sink at it, especially when we are deeply involved in a lengthy cup run that would test most squads. Of course what we all want(ed)  was automatic, what with our record in the play offs, surely all things considered it would have been prudent to splash out a bit more? But January is not half through, so still time. 

It will take time for Walsh and Kent to bed in which is expected. People talk about how we need Fammy, Djuric and Pisano back from injury. Yes we do but it will take time for them to bed back in and gain match fitness. Our problem now lies from having a great cup run with a depleted squad. Our boys are cream crackered 

Archived