IGNORED

Palace Chants in S82

Aaron-Bcfc

Please, please, please can we stop attempting to recreate awful Palace songs. Thankfully no one really joined in with the one that a few tried to start about 10 minutes in today.

I also believe I'm right in thinking that the group that started today's Palace chant, were the ones that booed the "Lee Johnson's taking us to Europe" chant because it was "too Palace". (Which it was). That now seems a tad hypocritical..

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Please, please, please can we stop attempting to recreate awful Palace songs. Thankfully no one really joined in with the one that a few tried to start about 10 minutes in today.

I also believe I'm right in thinking that the group that started today's Palace chant, were the ones that booed the "Lee Johnson's taking us to Europe" chant because it was "too Palace". (Which it was). That now seems a tad hypocritical..

It was actually an adaptation of a Willem chant.

There were 1 or 2 from Tilburg over today.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought by the standards of S82 it was a bit subdued today. It's an unpopular view probably.

I can understand why though. It wasn't such a good game today, quite cold too. Norwich don't exactly inspire as opponents.

oh i agree it was dreadful in there. Least some lads tried with new songs etc but then you can’t please everyone 

41 minutes ago, James_ said:

It was actually an adaptation of a Willem chant.

There were 1 or 2 from Tilburg over today.

Fair do's if that's the reasoning. Though it's not the only one I've noticed this season hence why I've brought it up. When Palace came down for the league cup tie they were often singing "CPFC" on repeat, next home game in S82 a few were trying to sing "BCFC" on repeat. Again, we're better than that.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought by the standards of S82 it was a bit subdued today. It's an unpopular view probably.

I can understand why though. It wasn't such a good game today, quite cold too. Norwich don't exactly inspire as opponents.

Against both Manchester sides the atmosphere was great from well before kickoff.

Using the on the pitch action as an excuse is lazy imo, the atmosphere is meant to lift the team isn't it?

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Fair do's if that's the reasoning. Though it's not the only one I've noticed this season hence why I've brought it up. When Palace came down for the league cup tie they were often singing "CPFC" on repeat, next home game in S82 a few were trying to sing "BCFC" on repeat. Again, we're better than that.

Would you rather we stood in silence? How are we better than that? Most of our songs are absolutely dreadful. 8 men, come on you reds, Wurzel songs. We have nothing special. 

If I could Youtube it I would, but it is a Willem II song. 

3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Youtube

Willem II tricolores tricolores

seems like a chant to get the crowd bouncing- exactly what we need. Felt abit sorry for the few trying to get it started today just got some blank stares.

38 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Against both Manchester sides the atmosphere was great from well before kickoff.

Using the on the pitch action as an excuse is lazy imo, the atmosphere is meant to lift the team isn't it?

Oh those 2 absolutely. Ground in general this season not bad either too IMO.

Just thought it wasn't great in general.

I worded it not too well but mainly what I meant was Norwich isn't an entirely exciting or inspiring opponent 

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Oh those 2 absolutely. Ground in general this season not bad either too IMO.

Just thought it wasn't great in general.

I worded it not too well but mainly what I meant was Norwich isn't an entirely exciting or inspiring opponent 

But using a club not being glamorous is equally poor imo, and it reinforces the "this is your big day out/this is your cup final" style comments from other clubs.

Not having a dig, but theres always an excuse for when the atmosphere is bad, but the excuses are just that, excuses.

1 minute ago, AshtonPark said:

It wasn’t the best was it? Dreadful is maybe a bit OTT but something about the whole game felt flat, maybe because of Tuesday?

We all get pissed off with it at times.

I said to my mate when we walked in that I felt it was going to be a bit after the Lord mayor's show. Atmosphere was fine. It's doesn't help that Norwich have such a nothing set of fans.

2 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

First thing to realise is just because Palace may sing a song, doesn’t mean it’s theirs...loads of clubs song their versions of BCFC. The ‘europe’ one that got booed by easily over 100 fans is an actual Palace chant.

Secondly, whether it’s a song you like or not those lads sing more than anyone and keep things going when everyone else is in silence - credit is due here and it doesn’t seem like they get it. All I hear is people having a pop at them trying new songs (which are needed) or telling them what to sing - you are welcome to start these yourself and sing for 90 mins.

Hörður song for example, everyone loves that which they started.

I would suggest maybe going and speaking to them like the good old days and having a chat, they'll be open to that rather than just putting down their efforts online. They, along with others created S82 and deserve credit so if they want to start new songs it should be encouraged as we need new ones and they won’t always be to everyones tastes.

Go and have a chat with them in person, much easier. 

3 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Would you rather we stood in silence? How are we better than that? Most of our songs are absolutely dreadful. 8 men, come on you reds, Wurzel songs. We have nothing special. 

If I could Youtube it I would, but it is a Willem II song. 

Wurzel songs are unique to this club. To say they're absolutely dreadful, and no better than "BCFC" on repeat is bizarre.

And no, I wouldn't rather we stood in silence, as we have hundreds of better songs to sing without resorting to the cringeworthy Palace stuff. This what happened with the Lee Johnson Europe chant in S82, people would boo and sing something better instead.

7 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Wurzel songs are unique to this club. To say they're absolutely dreadful, and no better than "BCFC" on repeat is bizarre.

And no, I wouldn't rather we stood in silence, as we have hundreds of better songs to sing without resorting to the cringeworthy Palace stuff. This what happened with the Lee Johnson Europe chant in S82, people would boo and sing something better instead.

The point is, they are not Palace songs...

Would be good if everyone could learn the words to Wurzels songs as there is only about 20/30 lads that sing other than the chorus.

jusr wondering, but do you start songs and sing for 90 mins? Only asking as atleast they do that, Wurzels or not so to moan about them is ridiculous.

Like I said above, go speak to them rather than moaning on a forum. 

8 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I’m pretty sure Yeovil sing I am a cider drinker too? 

13 hours ago, Ultra_faction said:

That chant is not Palace at all, it’s from our friends in Tilburg.

Just because it sounds ‘european’ doesn’t make it Palace.

Todays atmosphere was poor so whatever they or anyone wants to sing to try and improve it is encouraged. 

Point the lad/bloke could be making is that Place do sing it. And have for years. Palace sound very European. The singing section sound European. Ultra-Fcation is European. Palace are Ultras. Ultras at BCFC?

The theme there is some of being unoriginal. That was not Bristol City although I admire links to Willem II.

Archived