IGNORED

Palace Chants in S82

Aaron-Bcfc

6 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Point the lad/bloke could be making is that Place do sing it. And have for years. Palace sound very European. The singing section sound European. Ultra-Fcation is European. Palace are Ultras. Ultras at BCFC?

The theme there is some of being unoriginal. That was not Bristol City although I admire links to Willem II.

Yeah, I understand what you saying - that’s the way things are going and how the younger generation want it to go.

The Hörður chant with euroclap for example was a huge hit, that feels very european. 

‘Come on your reds’ no longer cuts it, so have to try new ideas - it may or may not work.

I know for a fact the players are big fans of the flags/drum etc which could also be categorised as european, so if they like it and it helps get a performance out of them I’m all for it. 

11 hours ago, 054123 said:

We all get pissed off with it at times.

I said to my mate when we walked in that I felt it was going to be a bit after the Lord mayor's show. Atmosphere was fine. It's doesn't help that Norwich have such a nothing set of fans.

It wasnt fine it was dead! Everything was awful about yesterday. 

I must admit from where I was in S21 it sounded OK but everything just seemed a little flat. Most of the songs just seemed to peter out - mainly I think because they didn`t spread along the SS as they often do. Fair play to the lads and lasses for trying to get things going but I think we just have to accept it was one of those `meh` games and you were fighting a losing battle.

It won`t always be like that as well we know so keep up the good work.

Agree with the poster earlier, there is often far too much stuff about the sags and not enough referring to our own club. I’ll wholeheartedly join in with any anti sag stuff when we’re actually playing them, but not if we’re playing someone else.  As we all know, We haven’t played them for a very long time, so let’s treat them as the irrelevance and nobodies that they actually are.

I think it’s no coincidence that where I am in the SS, there seem to be far more people joining in the pro City, than gas related songs and chants.

Let’s concentrate on backing our own side and not waste energy on that bunch of lowlifes. They’re probsbly creaming themselves everytime they hear their name anyway, so really don’t know why we do it. Far better to just act like they don’t exist, would would probably wind them up far more anyway

Generally speaking it's not really about personal taste.

It's a case of natural selection. The good songs and chants will be taken up by the majority and thrive, the less popular will naturally whither on the vine and disappear.

It's always been that way and always will be while there are chant starters willing to make the effort to try and introduce new songs.

They should be encouraged though. It's a relatively small number of fans who are responsible for embryonic chants which later blossom into classics songs enthusiastically joined in with by thousands, as well as the inevitable failures which are quickly dismissed and forgotten.

The noise created is paramount - if enough fans are willing to join in then the chant can be deemed a success whether it's a 'good' chant or not, and however popular it is there will always be those who dislike it.

Archived