IGNORED

Liam Walsh

steviestevieneville

3 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Second half he was steady, first half though I’m sure there was a 10 minute period where he gave the ball away 5 times?! Thought he looked off the pace first half tbh understandable given he’s just arrived I suppose 

Yep he had a nightmare first half as did many. Did improve though.

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Thought I’d start a positive thread as some on here are in meltdown after a few defeats. :disapointed2se:

i thought the young lad looked quality today especially second half . Quick feet , two footed, brilliant dead ball delivery, great vision and gets stuck in. The lad is/will be a great signing. 

Good to hear a positive . I thought he did well and looks a good prospect . 

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Thought I’d start a positive thread as some on here are in meltdown after a few defeats. :disapointed2se:

i thought the young lad looked quality today especially second half . Quick feet , two footed, brilliant dead ball delivery, great vision and gets stuck in. The lad is/will be a great signing. 

Agreed. Very promising 

Gonna don my tin hat here 

Agree with your description generally Stevie and undoubtedly has some decent attributes (Still not sure why we played him centrally with Smith and Pack - almost tripping over each other at times) 

I like how he changed the direction of play 

Tin Hat time...........

( I was pleased with his signing and technically he’s clearly decent although from memory he didn’t play a penetrating ball but more keep ball / keeping us ticking in the playing style of Lee himself )

I have one concern about him

In his interview he admitted he likes to boss teammates and tell them where to go / where to be etc

Noticed on Tuesday he came on with lots of pointing and shouting which can be a good thing 

He was very vocal today pointing and barking out orders , constantly demanding the ball , and clearly has a lot of self confidence which should be / become an asset

I just hope that the new lad bundling in with this approach doesn’t cause irritation or upset what we have

He IMHO will need to deliver if he’s going to be so vocal / bossy or he may start to grate on some long standing established players here 

This slight concern might not go down well but would be similar to @Davefevs uneasiness over Tomlin following his pre season video

Probably more to do with frustration at the performance and result , but a mark of this side is that I can rarely remember this side bickering or pointing fingers at each other after mistakes 

I saw more today than I’ve seen in ages (Not down to / involving Walsh necessarily tbf) 

Hope that my concern proves unfounded

o:disapointed2se:

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree with your description generally Stevie and undoubtedly has some decent attributes (Still not sure why we played him centrally with Smith and Pack - almost tripping over each other at times) 

Tin Hat time...........

( I was pleased with his signing and technically he’s clearly decent although from memory he didn’t play a penetrating ball but more keep ball / keeping us ticking in the playing style of Lee himself )

In his interview he admitted he likes to boss teammates and tell them where to go / where to be etc

Noticed on Tuesday he came on with lots of pointing and shouting which can be a good thing 

He was very vocal today pointing and barking out orders , constantly demanding the ball , and clearly has a lot of self confidence which should be / become an asset

I just hope that the new lad bundling in with this approach doesn’t cause irritation or upset what we have

He IMHO will need to deliver if he’s going to be so vocal / bossy or he may start to grate on some long standing established players here 

This slight concern might not go down well but would be similar to @Davefevs uneasiness over Tomlin following his pre season video

Probably more to do with frustration at the performance and result , but a mark of this side is that I can rarely remember this side bickering or pointing fingers at each other after mistakes 

I saw more today than I’ve seen in ages (Not down to / involving Walsh necessarily tbf) 

I had the same concern

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tin Hat time...........

I really like him in terms of his ability. He’s clever, agile and creative with a great passing range. I really believe he’s going be quality.

Your observation about his temperament is interesting. I saw him exchanging words and pushing Norwich players many times in the game a few occasions disagreeing with Bryan about things. Hopefully it’ll be a positive influence on the team. In fairness I often see Flint telling people off, Bryan too.. even Korey Smith did a couple of times today.

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I really like him in terms of his ability. He’s clever, agile and creative with a great passing range. I really believe he’s going be quality.

Your observation about his temperament is interesting. I saw him exchanging words and pushing Norwich players many times in the game a few occasions disagreeing with Bryan about things. Hopefully it’ll be a positive influence on the team. In fairness I often see Flint telling people off, Bryan too.. even Korey Smith did a couple of times today.

Yep PF

My concern is he’s coming into a tight knit group without obvious egos , and if he decides to take up the role of onfield ‘boss’ , as a newbie he will need to deliver otherwise it may not go down well

Flint , Smith & Bryan have more than earns the the right , and more importantly the respect of teammates to bark out orders etc at times

Walsh needs to do that before he gets carried away (We obviously don’t know what he’s shouting but he has plenty to say)

Hope it proves unnecessary concern but one to keep a gentle eye on

Cough .....,,Ryan Fredericks ;)

(and slight concern re Birmingham)

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yep PF

My concern is he’s coming into a tight knit group without obvious egos , and if he decides to take up the role of onfield ‘boss’ , as a newbie he will need to deliver otherwise it may not go down well

Flint , Smith & Bryan have more than earns the the right , and more importantly the respect of teammates to bark out orders etc at times

Walsh needs to do that before he gets carried away (We obviously don’t know what he’s shouting but he has plenty to say)

Hope it proves unnecessary concern but one to keep a gentle eye on

Cough .....,,Ryan Fredericks ;)

(and slight concern re Birmingham)

Dressing room couldn’t of been a happy place at Birmingham Bob and we do our due diligence on players attitudes lifestyles now so not a concern of mine tbh . 

Not LW fault but I did think he did take up a fair bit of space that pato likes to run in. Certainly seemed to play with 5 in there and it did seem congested at times especially with no one apart from bobby willing to run past and stretch Norwich 

53 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Looked very nervy in the first half but settled after a while...looks a baller which fits into what we have...also has a nasty bite tackle reminds me of a joey Barton in his prime 

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Dressing room couldn’t of been a happy place at Birmingham Bob and we do our due diligence on players attitudes lifestyles now so not a concern of mine tbh . 

Not LW fault but I did think he did take up a fair bit of space that pato likes to run in. Certainly seemed to play with 5 in there and it did seem congested at times especially with no one apart from bobby willing to run past and stretch Norwich 

Agree about Brums dressing room and my slight concern is more about what he said and what I’ve seen Tues and today in particulular - just needs to play a part rather than take complete control ;)

As for your second paragraph - spot on - I am bemused why Lee did it and took so long to change it when it appeared obviousbit wasn’t working at all

He showed for the ball so often and didn’t always get it but once he found the right pockets of space in the second half he flourished. I liked what I saw of him today, just a shame some on here want to make assumptions about his character and do the lad down when he’s only been at the club a week. 

7 minutes ago, INCRED said:

He showed for the ball so often and didn’t always get it but once he found the right pockets of space in the second half he flourished. I liked what I saw of him today, just a shame some on here want to make assumptions about his character and do the lad down when he’s only been at the club a week. 

Who’s making ‘assumptions’ about his ‘character’ ?

Can only mean me ?  I presume ??

Certainly a better second half than first half. My first thought was he needed to get his head up quicker or be more aware of his teammates position. Although you have to accept he hasn’t been here long & you would hope that comes with time. What I would say is that IMO, LJ made a mistake starting him, only in the sense that Paterson was then effectively left midfield, having to keep an eye on their right wing back ( good player).  Paterson IMO is our most creative player & needs to be 10/15 yards further forward, a lot closer to Bobby who was isolated. But with regards Walsh, I would say not a bad start, with real potential to get better. COYR 

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree about Brums dressing room and my slight concern is more about what he said and what I’ve seen Tues and today in particulular - just needs to play a part rather than take complete control ;)

As for your second paragraph - spot on - I am bemused why Lee did it and took so long to change it when it appeared obviousbit wasn’t working at all

Not sure I share your concerns just yet regarding any possible ruffling of feathers amongst the squad. There isn’t enough leaders in the game anymore and as long as it’s positive I don’t see a problem. 

It will be a good problem to have but in a few weeks we’ll have Callum back so we’ll have . Pack , Smith , pato, Walsh , brownhill , O’dowda, Kent and elliasson fighting for 4 places. Will be great for squad strength and it’s what we’ve lacked recently but it will be interesting to see what happens . 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not sure I share your concerns just yet regarding any possible ruffling of feathers amongst the squad. There isn’t enough leaders in the game anymore and as long as it’s positive I don’t see a problem. 

Again , agree Stevie

As I’ve said - can’t hear what he’s shouting and I like talkers all around the pitch - Just hope he’s a taiker and not bossy as he alluded to in his interview

Having managed a few sides I know that doesn’t always go down with a new player and someone like @Davefevs who has been in a few dressing rooms at a pretty decent standard may throw some light on this type of scenario

In my experience The quicker he earns teammates respect as a player and a character / person , the less the impact and any raised eyebrows or irritation (If there was to be any) 

;)

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Tin Hat time...........

Wasn't there a supposed fallout on the training ground at Brum involving him that scuppered his opportunities there???

All teams need talkers irrespective of standard. Teams need leaders and you can never have too many and if Walsh is like that and makes a difference on the pitch and has a good work ethic he will be fine. It's the billy big bollocks who turn it on 1in 4 then disappear with no effort ala Tomlin who will piss off squad.  @Davefevs will confirm this!

Archived