IGNORED

That Baker clearance in the first half

Lanterne Rouge

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but that goal line clearance was about as perfect a bit of defending as you`ll see. If he gets it even half a percent wrong it`s either an own goal or the ball goes straight back to the forward for a tap in. Well done Nathan, absolutely superb.

Good point and post RRH - Glad someone mentioned it 

Not quite up to Flints but not far off , how hevand the ball didn’t end up in the net I’m not quite sure

Good defensively but think Wright is really throwing us off our game at times. Doesn’t know when to get forward and when not to. Not the best decision maker on the ball. When he is in the right position at the right time he is reluctant to make the cross or pass. Thought he was actually caught too far forward on a few occasions. I don’t know what the answer is for that position but think Wright has ran his course there. 

Baker and Flint were good as usual though Flint got turned a bit too easily for me on the Baker clearance. Also Frank Fielding out of his area again. Is this instruction? Gives me more grey hairs everytime he does it

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Good defensively but think Wright is really throwing us off our game at times. Doesn’t know when to get forward and when not to. Not the best decision maker on the ball. When he is in the right position at the right time he is reluctant to make the cross or pass. Thought he was actually caught too far forward on a few occasions. I don’t know what the answer is for that position but think Wright has ran his course there. 

Baker and Flint were good as usual though Flint got turned a bit too easily for me on the Baker clearance. Also Frank Fielding out of his area again. Is this instruction? Gives me more grey hairs everytime he does it

Compare Wright and Magnússon as full backs.

Wright is arguably more sound positionally and defensively but you REALLY lose the attacking/crossing ability of a proper full back. Additionally we looked so much more fluid with Pisano in the side, looking for overlaps, getting up and down the pitch, taking it to the byline and putting the ball in dangerous areas. BW has been fantastic as a stand-in but it's patently clear he's not a full back. We lose 33% of our width unless whoever plays right midfielder (lets say Brownhill) is willing to exploit that area and take the ball in to that channel. Hypothetically we've then lost 25% of the midfield that are useful for winning the second ball, preventing the counter, or attacking the ball from deep.

Wright is doing a magnificent job but with Pisano in the side we are significantly better. 

I thought it was on a par with the Flint clearance, excellent.

I thought Mags done really well when he came on today, with Flint up top he seemed  to cover the back line almost single handed at times, making a few vital tackles and interceptions that could have led to a second Norwich goal. 

Archived