IGNORED

Parking Tickets for Pavement Parkers

RedLionLad

4 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Absolute shambles. When will the club learn? Been saying for years that this has been a problem and it’s only going to get worse. Dread to think how the roads will cope on the night of the Man City game. 

They managed for the United game.

4 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

Absolute shambles. When will the club learn? Been saying for years that this has been a problem and it’s only going to get worse. Dread to think how the roads will cope on the night of the Man City game. 

Surely it's more of a council issue until the council direct the club to do something? 

11 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Good - there is some absolute joke parking in the surrounding roads. As I've always said - so many free spaces to be had a 20 minute walk or less away. Just pure laziness from some.

Which was always fine for me but not when I’ve got my daughter with me so not sure it’s laziness. AG is just not easy to get too and park closely unless you want to be there at midday!! 

11 hours ago, boatman said:

I normally walk towards the garden centre and the lighting is so bad you cannot even see the path, I have strayed off numerous times and needed to use the torch on my phone to prevent me getting lost in the dark..:

Bristol council should use the parking fines to put lighting through the park and pay to open the Ashton station 

13 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

At the Man Utd game a disabled supporter (with blue badge clearly visible) had his car towed away outside the Ford car showroom just off the roundabout and yet he has been parking there all season.

He had to pay £150 to get his car back, plus taxi fares home and to the compound the following day.

Cars (with blue badges displayed) who were parked there today didn't even get a parking ticket.

The council are not allowed to tow disabled drivers with a mobility car, showing blue badges,as long there parked on double yellows with no kerb markings, you can appeal and win,

13 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Plenty of cars parked on the pavement along Winterstoke Road had parking tickets on their windscreens after today's game.

I'm guessing they won't park there again, so be warned about using their vacated spaces at the next home games.

I've enquired about this with the council,they state as long as your NOT causing a obstruction on the public highway it's ok the park on pavement, ie enough room for a scooter or pushchair, 

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

That’s why Boudicca spikes should be fitted, that’ll show them, or just using your door key works too.

Wouldn't quite condone that (much). In my own village some residents do it, even though they know my son uses a wheelchair past their property frequently. 

Defies belief sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Wouldn't quite condone that (much). In my own village some residents do it, even though they know my son uses a wheelchair past their property frequently. 

Defies belief sometimes. 

I lived in a village and I’ve seen ‘visitors’ cars bounced off the pavement if they’d parked badly, along with any damage that may have occurred in the process.  One guys JCW Mini Cooper looked like it had been through a combine when he got back to it.

Villages for you I guess!

Problem is, people are just bloody lazy nowadays and want to park as close to their destination as possible. At AG we are going through a period of a lot more traffic and need for parking those vehicles, sadly the area cannot cope with it so people will have to park further away and WALK. Personally I either park near South Liberty Lane as I know the area well having been brought up there as a kid, and the new South Bristol Link really helps getting there and away from (although a few have now caught on) or in Clifton outside my daughters and walk in. Try it ( i'm 67 and if I can do it so can most of you) Shame we dont play in the summer as could come in on my Vespa :city:

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Hotwells Rd to to the ground is a piece of p1ss. I do it every game.

It's manageable if you're able-bodied and you know where you're going. In truth, it's largely pitch black during evening games, badly signposted and can involve scaling fences and/or walking alongside a busy dual carriageway

1 minute ago, AshtonGreat said:

It's manageable if you're able-bodied and you know where you're going. In truth, it's largely pitch black during evening games, badly signposted and can involve scaling fences and/or walking alongside a busy dual carriageway

Quite agree, the parking around the ground should be more for those who genuinely cant walk far rather than those with the cash to buy a permit !

6 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Hotwells Rd to to the ground is a piece of p1ss. I do it every game.

Save at the Hotwells end it's nearly all controlled parking and unless you want to arrive at kick off with no pre-match fun then sprint back hoping there's no stoppage time you'll need a day permit, assuming you know one of the locals. Used to be able to park there no problem, it's now as bad as Ashton or Southville.

1 hour ago, redmycolour said:

I've enquired about this with the council,they state as long as your NOT causing a obstruction on the public highway it's ok the park on pavement, ie enough room for a scooter or pushchair, 

Here in London it's always an offence save where parking zones have been marked on the pavement. In Bristol ( and other locations) it's neither fish nor fowl. You may park on a pavement where signs indicate it's permissible and it may not be an offence to do so elsewhere provided no obstruction has been caused. However, if using that defence one would have to explain how one's car ended up on the pavement as driving on such is an offence save access to a defined parking space or private property. Confused, you will be.

7 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Here in London it's always an offence save where parking zones have been marked on the pavement. In Bristol ( and other locations) it's neither fish nor fowl. You may park on a pavement where signs indicate it's permissible and it may not be an offence to do so elsewhere provided no obstruction has been caused. However, if using that defence one would have to explain how one's car ended up on the pavement as driving on such is an offence save access to a defined parking space or private property. Confused, you will be.

What? 

10 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Know exactly what you mean BTRFTG about our wonderful capital. Last year I got a £130 fine for driving my Licensed Taxi in a Taxi lane in Lewisham. I appealed with lots of evidence that I was a Licensed Taxi Driver, my car was a Licensed Sedgemoor Taxi and I had every right to be in a Taxi lane. The London appeal board overruled my appeal and said it didnt matter what went on in the rest of the country but in London, they are for BLACK cabs only.shame it didnt say it on the sign !! Suffice to say I stay clear of any job going to the smoke nowadays :devil:

38 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Know exactly what you mean BTRFTG about our wonderful capital. Last year I got a £130 fine for driving my Licensed Taxi in a Taxi lane in Lewisham. I appealed with lots of evidence that I was a Licensed Taxi Driver, my car was a Licensed Sedgemoor Taxi and I had every right to be in a Taxi lane. The London appeal board overruled my appeal and said it didnt matter what went on in the rest of the country but in London, they are for BLACK cabs only.shame it didnt say it on the sign !! Suffice to say I stay clear of any job going to the smoke nowadays :devil:

Jobsworth bar stewards 

On 14/01/2018 at 11:32, AshtonGreat said:

You don’t neee to go anywhere near a dual carriageway, water front walk to nova scota, through the create centre and then its all through parks.

It is a nice walk when it’s light and a little tricky at night.

On 13/01/2018 at 21:58, boatman said:

It’s fine.

You just past the Create Centre and through 2 peaks and your there.  

After daek ark is a very different story though as the lighting in the parks is shocking and I am relieved not to have been bum raped.

In fairness, following your recent story about your cheese and onion pasty, nobody is gonna go anywhere near your arse.

On 14/01/2018 at 12:00, oldstandrobin said:

Yet more reason why Londinium should be avoided; it's run by absolute tossers 

On 1/13/2018 at 21:01, Mr Popodopolous said:

It's fairly obvious it would happen.

However, agreed about the infrastructure and the transport options to the ground are average and overpriced. 

All I know? It'll become worse when it hits 3 out of 5 games of 25k or more.

Which happens with the Man City game.  Game number 3 out of 5.  It's coming!

Archived