IGNORED

The rush of blood from Frankie which has thrown our season in to chaos.

tinman85

Don’t think you can blame Frankie for our slight dip.

That is the sort of keeper he is ,brilliant one minute ,reckless the next.

Got to take the ying with the yang.Those of a certain age will remember a certain Bruce Grobbelar who mixed the sublime with the ridiculous.

Overall Frankie’s a tidy keeper -if a bit small.

6 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Just thinking of how we've dropped in recent weeks. Very sad. 

Form tends to fluctuate over a season.. Wouldn't worry about it too much, I think we're a good side this year and they've shown enough evidence for us to have faith in the team. A 0-1 loss is disappointing, but it's not the end of the world.. plenty more of this season to go.

I would say with all the injuries it hasn't helped matters, but this was always going to be a tough run of games. This is NOT Frankie bashing though as he's saved us many more times than he's let us down.

However- let's not forget that we were at that stage 5 points off Wolves. Big, huge psychological difference between 5 and 11 just half an hour later. We had also been unbeaten since the Preston loss in November- we may still have lost the 2 Cup games we did plus at Villa but while not going overboard, it surely didn't help. Had he not done that and we beat Wolves (just hypothetically, I predict could still have been a draw) then that would have put more pressure on them, we could have kept rolling, kept a lot more pressure on Derby, probably above or level with Cardiff- it was a big chance to put Wolves under the cosh a bit- not just by us but also by the several teams in and around us! Now I think Wolves will win this League and probably with a fair bit to spare, and it leaves us with some downward momentum.

I don't think we were coasting at such, a team like Wolves will always carry a threat.

Agree with @Phileas Fogg fluctuations and that, always will happen- we're in a bad patch, but with players to return and the 2 new lads to integrate we will come strong again!

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Form tends to fluctuate over a season.. Wouldn't worry about it too much, I think we're a good side this year and they've shown enough evidence for us to have faith in the team. A 0-1 loss is disappointing, but it's not the end of the world.. plenty more of this season to go.

Much more about a flatness (Understandable) after Tuesday night and have to say it Lee tinkering with formation and side today compounded by the substitutions 

Bad day at the office , nothing more

Will be interesting to see what side Lee picks at Derby

7 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Much more about a flatness (Understandable) after Tuesday night and have to say it Lee tinkering with formation and side today compounded by the substitutions 

Bad day at the office , nothing more

Will be interesting to see what side Lee picks at Derby

Agree. It was a frustrating one today. I think he got the team wrong, although that's easy to say now. I was expecting Kent to start ahead of Walsh and perhaps that would've been the right approach at home as much as I rate Walsh. Then again, Kent had just joined so difficult for him to adapt so quickly.

I really feel had Diedhiou or Djuric been playing we'd have won. Bobby, for all his effort, was never going to compete with their centre halves physically. Norwich defended well and restricted us largely to long shots.

Have a feeling we'll be much improved vs Derby. We seem to play pretty well away, interestingly I believe over 2/3rds of Reid's goals have come away from home. Perhaps his style of chasing lost causes gets him a bit more luck at home where teams play more riskily. I don't think we'll lose next weekend but we really need Diedhiou or Djuric back asap.

Our dip in form isn't down to Fielding vs Wolves.. or Pack vs Wolves.. it's a combination of factors and most fans can see how much effort this young and exciting team has put in so far. Near enough half the season to go with lots of key players to come back.

Keep the faith @tinman85, even you must admit it's been a fun season to this point..

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Coasting at home v 10 men.  Safely securing 2nd spot. Why Frank did you come tearing out? Ever since it has been downhill. 

You quite conveniently forget mags and Bryan's mix up in that goal that lead to Frankie taking one for the team ?

9/10 the free kick after red card doesn't go in?

Also not keen on people blaming individual players for a recent losing streak ?

Was wondering how long it would take you to go back to your usual drivel after a month off as we've been winning a few games. 

Ha, he's not far wrong is he? The wolves game knocked the stuffing out of us. I think even a draw we would of accepted and maybe gone into the Villa game with a more positive attitude.

Obviously it's all hearsay, but as we know small details in football have a way of snowballing into a full blown crisis like our losing run last year. One unlucky loss turns into another one, and another one and before we know it we're in a relegation battle with the club in complete turmoil.

We all like to narrate things and I admit that I thought something similar today sat frustrated as time leached away at 0-1.   But let’s be rational - we probably rode our luck in a few wins up til now (sheff utd?) and today was the kind of game we were winning before Christmas. Even the Reading game was tight until Paterson found some magic. Didn’t happen today - Brownhill hits post, elsewhere this season that’s going on. 

LJ is right to say that the lack of physical presence up front means we have to score the ‘perfect goal’. For me more telling than the ‘5 straight defeats’ stat is 3 goals from open play in 7 games since the United win.  Let’s hope the injured target men hit the ground running and we pull a rabbit out of the hat on loan. 

I’m going my to stick my head above the parapet and agree with Tinman on this - well partially at least. 

The defeat that night felt like it was bigger than just ‘a loss’. I was saying to the people I go down with that it had the feel of a real defining moment in our season.

It was a real hammer blow. 

Obviously it’s all conjecture because we don’t know, but IMO if we’d seen out what was playing out as an oh so comfortable win vs Wolves then we probably get something at Villa, and instead we get a 5-0 hammering. I honestly believe we’d be 2nd now if we’d seen that game out  

Don't get me wrong, I’m so proud of the team and what we’re achieving. But we’ve all seen the effects of momentum on the team and the psychological side of the game, and that night v Wolves felt like the impact was going to be far greater than just that one game. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m going my to stick my head above the parapet and agree with Tinman on this - well partially at least. 

The defeat that night felt like it was bigger than just ‘a loss’. I was saying to the people I go down with that it had the feel of a real defining moment in our season.

It was a real hammer blow. 

Obviously it’s all conjecture because we don’t know, but IMO if we’d seen out what was playing out as an oh so comfortable win vs Wolves then we probably get something at Villa, and instead we get a 5-0 hammering. I honestly believe we’d be 2nd now if we’d seen that game out  

Don't get me wrong, I’m so proud of the team and what we’re achieving. But we’ve all seen the effects of momentum on the team and the psychological side of the game, and that night v Wolves felt like the impact was going to be far greater than just that one game. 

I think the difference with what you’re saying is that it’s a well argued, considered and rational analysis. I can totally see what you’re saying and think you have a point.

Problem people have with a certain person’s posts is how ridiculously they’re written where everything is the end of the world. Not much thought has gone into it and it’s just like a stream of poorly considered consciousness.

We  win as a TEAM, we lose as a TEAM.

I'm in the not getting the  breaks camp .

We could do no wrong before Christmas now the little things are not falling for us . 

Last minute goals v Wolves and Personchester wouldn't have gone in before .

We will pick up again without a doubt when our injured players come back in and the new additions click in the team.

We may have to accept the play offs as a more realistic target but that would have been beyond our wildest dreams if offered at the start of the season. 

Keep the faith and keep supporting these fantastic people at our club .

United we stand.

Archived