IGNORED

The rush of blood from Frankie which has thrown our season in to chaos.

tinman85

35 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m going my to stick my head above the parapet and agree with Tinman on this - well partially at least. 

The defeat that night felt like it was bigger than just ‘a loss’. I was saying to the people I go down with that it had the feel of a real defining moment in our season.

It was a real hammer blow. 

Obviously it’s all conjecture because we don’t know, but IMO if we’d seen out what was playing out as an oh so comfortable win vs Wolves then we probably get something at Villa, and instead we get a 5-0 hammering. I honestly believe we’d be 2nd now if we’d seen that game out  

Don't get me wrong, I’m so proud of the team and what we’re achieving. But we’ve all seen the effects of momentum on the team and the psychological side of the game, and that night v Wolves felt like the impact was going to be far greater than just that one game. 

Spot on...

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I’m going my to stick my head above the parapet and agree with Tinman on this - well partially at least. 

The defeat that night felt like it was bigger than just ‘a loss’. I was saying to the people I go down with that it had the feel of a real defining moment in our season.

It was a real hammer blow. 

Obviously it’s all conjecture because we don’t know, but IMO if we’d seen out what was playing out as an oh so comfortable win vs Wolves then we probably get something at Villa, and instead we get a 5-0 hammering. I honestly believe we’d be 2nd now if we’d seen that game out  

Don't get me wrong, I’m so proud of the team and what we’re achieving. But we’ve all seen the effects of momentum on the team and the psychological side of the game, and that night v Wolves felt like the impact was going to be far greater than just that one game. 

Yeah, I’m with you in that and also felt the same after the game that it would have ramifications. 

Although personally I was more annoyed at Marlon for needlessly getting himself in trouble in the dying seconds of the game trying to be clever and doing a cruyff turn  around our box instead of just smashing it upfield. 

The moment with Frankie was a split second decision which he had to make and got wrong. Packs f’up to give away the free kick just seemed so unnecessary. I think it was even going out of play for a goal kick anyway?!

I actually think these sloppy mistakes we make are currently the biggest flaw in our game and will probably hold us back from automatic promotion (unless we cut them out of course). 

We quite often during a game give needless possession away from either overplaying, indecisiveness or this strange habit of underhitting passes. 

Anyway, it’s a young group of players so these mistakes are to be expected really and I’m sure they’re learning a lot from it all. Hopefully the lessons will be taken  on board in time to have a strong finish to the season. As like many on here I felt January would probably be a month we needed to ‘get through’ before coming on strong Feb onwards. Particularly after that Wolves result. 

I think whatever the result had been against Wolves we had a good beating coming at some point, simply due to tempo and frequency of the games in December. I was just surprised the beating came from Villa and not Wolves! The games since then, one was the FA Cup which most people on here, including myself were happy to sacrifice for the Carabao and league progress - so not bothered about that one. Anything less than 4-0 at Man City was going to be a bonus so coming back 2-1 down, whilst disappointing to have lost it so close to the end can be reflected on as a decent result. The most disappointing result of the run for me is Norwich, I was hoping with the Villa beating out the way that would be the catalyst to kick start our league form back to positive results again and I'm sure it will return soon but possibly not to late Jan. I am starting to think automatic promotion maybe starting to slip away but we will still make the top 6.

I'll also say what i have set on other posts, anything better than last year in terms of final league position, combined with the Carabao is a huge upturn on last year. However, it's the 'what could have been' of having been 2nd at one point that may linger in peoples minds instead of the improvement.

1 hour ago, WelshRobin said:

I think whatever the result had been against Wolves we had a good beating coming at some point, simply due to tempo and frequency of the games in December. I was just surprised the beating came from Villa and not Wolves! The games since then, one was the FA Cup which most people on here, including myself were happy to sacrifice for the Carabao and league progress - so not bothered about that one. Anything less than 4-0 at Man City was going to be a bonus so coming back 2-1 down, whilst disappointing to have lost it so close to the end can be reflected on as a decent result. The most disappointing result of the run for me is Norwich, I was hoping with the Villa beating out the way that would be the catalyst to kick start our league form back to positive results again and I'm sure it will return soon but possibly not to late Jan. I am starting to think automatic promotion maybe starting to slip away but we will still make the top 6.

I'll also say what i have set on other posts, anything better than last year in terms of final league position, combined with the Carabao is a huge upturn on last year. However, it's the 'what could have been' of having been 2nd at one point that may linger in peoples minds instead of the improvement.

You right it kinda lingers . 

:icecream:

Archived