IGNORED

Derby away and Man City next...

Judda

Gulp!

2 really tough games coming up. Hopefully get something out of them but we could be looking at 2 more losses as both are in amazing form.

Just hope it doesn't knock the confidence of these great young players too much as we have so much to play for...

6 minutes ago, Judda said:

Gulp!

2 really tough games coming up. Hopefully get something out of them but we could be looking at 2 more losses as both are in amazing form.

Just hope it doesn't knock the confidence of these great young players too much as we have so much to play for...

As disappointing as yesterday was, you have to take into consideration not only the physical aspect of the Man City game but also the mental side. I’m hopefully with a full week off the players will be back to their best for the Derby game.

Personally I think second is beyond us, but the pray offs is well within our grasp 

4 minutes ago, daored said:

As disappointing as yesterday was, you have to take into consideration not only the physical aspect of the Man City game but also the mental side. I’m hopefully with a full week off the players will be back to their best for the Derby game.

Personally I think second is beyond us, but the pray offs is well within our grasp 

Who knows. We’ve shown we’re capable of stringing 4 or more back to back wins together this season, and it’s only 5 points from 2nd as things stand. I expect Derby, Villa and a few others to have mini blips before May, so no reason to say we’re out of it yet. 

As much as I’m enjoying this cup run, I’d give you my right hand for 3 points away at Derby and a 3-0 defeat to Man City in the 2nd leg. 

2 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Who knows. We’ve shown we’re capable of stringing 4 or more back to back wins together this season, and it’s only 5 points from 2nd as things stand. I expect Derby, Villa and a few others to have mini blips before May, so no reason to say we’re out of it yet. 

As much as I’m enjoying this cup run, I’d give you my right hand for 3 points away at Derby and a 3-0 defeat to Man City in the 2nd leg. 

I'd rather take a hit on three points and get to Wembley. I know where you're coming from though...

31 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Can we reach the magical 9 defeats in a row to beat last season?! 7 easily done but QPR may be a step too far...

Don’t say things like that!  At every club LJ has managed he’s lost at least 8 games in a row. Hopefully, because he’s done it once at City, it won’t happen again. The defeats, so far, aren’t too bad as only 3 have been in the league. Man City wasn’t a surprise and Watford was with a team of mainly inexperienced players. Most teams have a losing run at some time. 

5 minutes ago, Big C said:

It’s just a measure of how far we come this season that even if we do get to seven defeats on the trot we will still be in a play off place 

That’s a bit like being 2 years into a degree, on track for a 1st, then getting a Desmond.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Don’t say things like that!  At every club LJ has managed he’s lost at least 8 games in a row. Hopefully, because he’s done it once at City, it won’t happen again. The defeats, so far, aren’t too bad as only 3 have been in the league. Man City wasn’t a surprise and Watford was with a team of mainly inexperienced players. Most teams have a losing run at some time. 

Did he do it at Oldham as well? 

11 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Agree. Derby management, team and fans wont have forgotten  how we ripped them to pieces at the Gate. Man City also are not as good as we all thought. Anything is possible.

Man city are very good. One performance doesnt change that.

We destroyed Derby so I suspect they might be looking at this one nervously. I’m going for a 2-1 win with Matt Taylor making amends for that stupid miss last season getting the winner. 

Man City don’t like teams playing high line football. Liverpool seemed to have taken notice of our game against them. 

Get the first goal against them and it could be dreamland. 

I’m staying off this crack it’s makng me positive. 

Happily take a draw Friday.

That would be four points off Derby this season; not many will get that.

Also think our fixtures post-Man City at home are as favourable as we could hoped for; playing Bolton just after the window closes (and they potentially have lost their top scorer), and then having a seven day break before hosting a currently woeful Sunderland team will be a crucial re-grouping time for us, I think.

Archived