IGNORED

Have we led the way?

Port Said Red

Before the League Cup semi final, people mentioned how we overturned Leeds in the 1970s and how they were similarly unbeaten. After that game and before we played Liverpool, Bill Shankly said that we had down everything right in beating Leeds and that they wouldn't have it so easy from here on. 

He was right, they still won the league, but lost several games in the run in. Now we are seeing Liverpool hammering a full strength Man City, and I am wondering if the other sides are taking their lead from our performance and tactics?

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Before the League Cup semi final, people mentioned how we overturned Leeds in the 1970s and how they were similarly unbeaten. After that game and before we played Liverpool, Bill Shankly said that we had down everything right in beating Leeds and that they wouldn't have it so easy from here on. 

He was right, they still won the league, but lost several games in the run in. Now we are seeing Liverpool hammering a full strength Man City, and I am wondering if the other sides are taking their lead from our performance and tactics?

I think we’ve probably helped to highlight that it’s best to get stuck into them. 

If we can do it, then it probably gives Premier league teams, with undoubtedly more talent than us, every confidence in taking them on properly. 

3 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Watching the game, looks like Liverpool are copying our tactics. Any tactical geniouses out there agree?

I don't watch much Premier League stuff so can't say whether this is the usual Man City or not.  But watching Liverpool has confirmed what I thought on Tuesday night, Man City's defence is more fragile and error prone than I would expect for a team unbeaten this season.  Just need to stop them scoring more than us on the 23rd.....

3 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

Watching the game, looks like Liverpool are copying our tactics. Any tactical geniouses out there agree?

Savage has mentioned our tactics on 5 live, he also mentioned how poor their finishing has been........ maybe it's the wrong type of ball! :ph34r:

51 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Nah, Liverpool have often stuffed Man City away....let alone scoring loads against them at home...

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I will suggest the anointing of Man City as best in Europe is still no done deal. I take some of our football media outlets with a pinch of salt.

I would also say Liverpool excellent, and as a manager and team... Way they set up very suited to playing Man City.

Agree and think there's some lessons we could take from that game today.  I am completely backing us to turn it round when we get then back at the gate. COYR!!!!! :D

15 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

That second leg needs to be all about the press, bout the press! 

Archived