IGNORED

Striker Needed

stump

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Diedhou and Djuric back soon. Don’t panic city.

We don’t know yet but Djuric could be a sick note. The jury is still out on Diedhou, but if he gets injured again, we’re screwed. Competiton for places will not do any harm, and we can afford the money. Go and get a striker, our season is relying on it. 

28 minutes ago, stump said:

I think we ought to get another striker in on loan, the amount of games is clearly stretching the squad , Afobe from Bournemouth or Matt Smith from QPR might fit the bill..  thoughts please  

Thoughts? 

In general this has been done to death. Eddie Howe has stated that Afobe isn’t available for transfer, so for anyone to tempt them it will probably cost £15m+, that’s nearly 3 times our record transfer purchase!!

Matt Smith, who’s position in the team is he taking? Because he certainly isn’t better than what we already have & is highly unlikely to fit into our high pressing style of football.

Why not trust in the club to find what’s needed?

I can understand the OP TBH. Without Fammy or Milan we are desperately lightweight up front. On Saturday, the ball kept coming back at us as poor Bobby couldn't hold the ball up against their defenders. If Fammy is likely to be back very soon, all is well but we are very short if he isn't. Woodrow is just not up to the job and the rest are too small. If we had another larger forward in (maybe on loan) it means we don't have to rush Fammy back and risk him being injured again, I guess. 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Good to see people still wanting us to sign Matt Smith like it’s 2014

There does seem to be a bizarre obsession with Matt Smith by some who post here.

I am not up to speed on these kind of things - are the words ‘Matt Smith’ some sort of ‘code’ for something completely unrelated to Football?

In an ordinary season I guess you’d  patiently wait for your injured strikers to get back to fitness. But this is a once in a decade opportunity to get promotion and 6 games without a recognised Number 9 could cost us a few points and diminish team confidence. I’d get the best possible forward in now whether on loan or permanent. If we’re top loaded with strikers next July then I’m sure we’d be able to sell one of them on. 

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

There does seem to be a bizarre obsession with Matt Smith by some who post here.

I am not up to speed on these kind of things - are the words ‘Matt Smith’ some sort of ‘code’ for something completely unrelated to Football?

Matt Smith is the Mick Quinn of the late Twenty Teens.

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

I think, and I don't mean this to sound offensive, some people don't know that many players so suggest the same ones over and over. 

15 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think, and I don't mean this to sound offensive, some people don't know that many players so suggest the same ones over and over. 

Agreed , I’ve been slaughtered for mentioning him in the past, and I still think he could do a job, although only as an impact sub in the current team, and he’d realise that so wouldn’t come here. 

2 minutes ago, redapple said:

Agreed , I’ve been slaughtered for mentioning him in the past, and I still think he could do a job, although only as an impact sub in the current team, and he’d realise that so wouldn’t come here. 

I think for the quality of team we're aspiring to be, we can do a bit better. Djuric, when fit, is far superior in my opinion.

Perhaps would've been fine when we were first promoted, but need better quality now.

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

I don't think they mean the QPR player, but rather the actor. Maybe they think he really is 'The Doctor' and can use his sonic screwdriver to help us out...

57 minutes ago, TheHalovex said:

On a serious note, Shawn McCoulsky's loan finishes at the end of the month and he's scored 11 in 24 games (granted, it's at Newport). 6' and a young player at 21. Worth a shout?

He's had his loan extended for the rest of the season.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/loan-watch-ten-up-mccoulsky-extends-newport-loan/

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

He's had his loan extended for the rest of the season.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/loan-watch-ten-up-mccoulsky-extends-newport-loan/

Yeah, I've been having a chat on the we8gas facebook page. Ended with me saying this: "Just had a quick gander, can see why Flynn was happy to keep him! 6 goals in 12 starts (never finishes the match, usually off around 75 mins) and 5 goals in 12 subs (at least 3 of those subs were in injury time and at least 4 of the goals were within 10 mins of coming on) Agree with Matthew, discovering this I'd like to see him on loan in the league above."

10 minutes ago, TheHalovex said:

Yeah, I've been having a chat on the we8gas facebook page. Ended with me saying this: "Just had a quick gander, can see why Flynn was happy to keep him! 6 goals in 12 starts (never finishes the match, usually off around 75 mins) and 5 goals in 12 subs (at least 3 of those subs were in injury time and at least 4 of the goals were within 10 mins of coming on) Agree with Matthew, discovering this I'd like to see him on loan in the league above."

Don't know if you listen already but the One Stream in Bristol Podcast have a chat about him in this week's episode.  Plus an interview with a Newport fan all about his loan and his prospects. 

For my money he's certainly an exciting young player who could probably do a job in the Champ - whether he is Premier League quality I don't know.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Don't know if you listen already but the One Stream in Bristol Podcast have a chat about him in this week's episode.  Plus an interview with a Newport fan all about his loan and his prospects. 

For my money he's certainly an exciting young player who could probably do a job in the Champ - whether he is Premier League quality I don't know.

Awesome, I don't but people keep recommending it! I'll definitely get on that! Cheers man.

Archived