IGNORED

Paul Lambert new Stoke manager

And Its Smith

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For once wouldn’t it be nice to see a manager, upon appointment say "I don’t give a F£€& If i’ve Only just been appointed and we’ve got Man Utd away tonight, it’s my side now, i’m Gonna take responsibility for the team from this point on"

That’s what i’d do, sod my win (lose) percentage. Maybe my new set of players might think differentlyabout me.

It’s an easy option to sit in the stands.

Surely he knows enough about Stoke....he can ask Eddie’s opinion if he wants a second opinion.  He’ll have learned a bit tonight, but not as much as if he’d picked the side and given the instructions.

:clap:

Exactly what I was thinking Dave

Id be in the dressing room saying ‘Here I am , I’m up for it , you coming with me ? ....’

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

For once wouldn’t it be nice to see a manager, upon appointment say "I don’t give a F£€& If i’ve Only just been appointed and we’ve got Man Utd away tonight, it’s my side now, i’m Gonna take responsibility for the team from this point on"

That’s what i’d do, sod my win (lose) percentage. Maybe my new set of players might think differentlyabout me.

It’s an easy option to sit in the stands.

Surely he knows enough about Stoke....he can ask Eddie’s opinion if he wants a second opinion.  He’ll have learned a bit tonight, but not as much as if he’d picked the side and given the instructions.

You only said ‘Eddie’ cos you can’t spell his surname! Other than that I totally agree with you Chief...

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Stoke fans appear to not know they are even ####ing born..! 

They need to remember that they are a shite club in a shite city and don’t know how good they’ve had it for the past 10 years! 

Reality check needed and a good example of why, as much as I’d love to get there, I’m not so convinced that getting to the Premier league is quite the “dream”, long term, that many picture! 

Not a fan of Stoke, but they've gone up and stayed in the Premier League for 10 years, achieving some top-half finishes during that time.

Many of their players would simply walk into our team and be our star player. (Butland, Shaquiri, Berahino, Afellay, Pieters etc)

Stoke's a shithole though.

42 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You only said ‘Eddie’ cos you can’t spell his surname! Other than that I totally agree with you Chief...

Nijvesky - that’s right in it?  Without googling it (honestly), I reckon it’s Niedzwiecki....Close?

41 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

The money's the same either way. Why should he care?

Because he then sets the tone.  He’s shirked his first challenge.  His players (they are his now, no matter what manager signed them) can now question him.

Had he gone in there and taken charge, they’d have known they were all in it together.

I’m no psychologist, but that’s how my mind would’ve worked.

11 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

There forum is worth a read if anyone fancies cheering up on a wet Monday morning, here is a particular favourite.....

It's not even the normal old boys' club of Allardyce and Moyes.
It's not even the second tier old boys' club of Hodgson and Pardew.
It's the shit-stained dungeon 10 feet under the floorboards of the old boys' club.

Stoke can **** right off. Can't be arsed with football at all.

That is brilliant, made me chuckle. Maybe life ain’t so bad! :) COYR 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Because he then sets the tone.  He’s shirked his first challenge.  His players (they are his now, no matter what manager signed them) can now question him.

Had he gone in there and taken charge, they’d have known they were all in it together.

I’m no psychologist, but that’s how my mind would’ve worked.

The point is, he doesn't have to and he hasn't.  I think I would have to go in straight from the off, like you said, and let them know I was now running the show.

It's a strange job when some managers have probably earned more in compensation than they have wages.

14 hours ago, RedDave said:

Is this the most bizarre appointment in recent times? I havent checked but surely Stoke fans are in uproar at this

My Potter friend is none too chuffed. Maybe Stoke are just coming to a natural end to their time in the top flight. Thats just the way it is.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You never know.

I thought Roy was a poor choice for Palace, Moyes similarly for West Ham.

Spot on, but both of those clubs will stay up comfortably in my opinion....nice to see Moyes get his 200th premier league victory against the Terriers, only Redknapp, Wenger and Ferguson have more....he’s underrated....

Archived