IGNORED

Section 82 expansion...Ideas and Pitches?

Mr Popodopolous

I don't agree with you but let's leave it there. Constantly saying I'm 'incorrect' does not make it fact. You are ignoring the fact that the stadium is currently all-seater which changes the criteria AFAIK. I believe I'm right but this is now boring people.

We'll, as I've said multiple times, wait and see what happens IF they convert and if they get promoted. If I'm proven to be wrong, I am man enough to admit it but, in this case, I don't believe I am. 

Thanks for the debate but we're going round in circles which is a waste of everyone's' time. :thumbsup:

• SC&T Board Members
20 hours ago, JulieH said:

This subject always provides lots of opinions and observations from fans, and clubs alike.

i don’t know enough unfortunately about rail seats and their various pros and cons . However on visiting Shrewsbury ground with rovers recently I am aware they have an agreed section of their end stand for safe standing  I am not sure of the exact numbers that are allowed to stand there but I am sure the local sag agreed to it . Perhaps it might be something blagdon red knows more about? 

I have asked that their football officer and their safety officer keeps me up to date with pros and cons of this area. I am keen to see how it all works .

Yeah, Shrewsbury's SAG agreed to it, as will SAGs elsewhere if they understand how it enhances safety. I wouldn't expect any opposition from our SAG if govt policy changed and rail seats were allowed at AG. 

This thread got derailed a little by the rail seat debate. Still it's all linked.

Yeah, some good arguments to expand it for sure... A key argument being the 7,800 stood at Manchester without issue.

I guess on this a key point being... Atmosphere? Not sure the SAG terribly bothered. Commerce? Well there would be a 10 pct reduction  in capacity in expanded area as per current S82, so would be open to question.

Reduce conflict between standing fans and stewards...this could have some merit but equally SAG may insist it is enforced anyway in non  current S82 areas.

I hope it can get expanded though. Wonder what would convicte the SAG/Storr however.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This thread got derailed a little by the rail seat debate. Still it's all linked.

Yeah, some good arguments to expand it for sure... A key argument being the 7,800 stood at Manchester without issue.

I guess on this a key point being... Atmosphere? Not sure the SAG terribly bothered. Commerce? Well there would be a 10 pct reduction  in capacity in expanded area as per current S82, so would be open to question.

Reduce conflict between standing fans and stewards...this could have some merit but equally SAG may insist it is enforced anyway in non  current S82 areas.

I hope it can get expanded though. Wonder what would convicte the SAG/Storr however.

The only problem with expanding the singing section (which is brilliant by the way), is current season ticket holders would need to move. Is this fair? Where could they go? 

8 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

The only problem with expanding the singing section (which is brilliant by the way), is current season ticket holders would need to move. Is this fair? Where could they go? 

I suspect the majority of people moving into the expanded S82 would already be in the SS, so just move down the stand. 

13 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Yeah fair point.

I think a decent number of them have singing section inclinations though...a fair few in adjoining blocks probably would be quite pro...actually @Welcome To The Jungle put it better than me.

No easy answers though.

7 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I’m in the block directly to the left of the singing section. I’m all in favour of expanding section 82 into our block S24. The vast majority of us in there are ‘singers’ anyway. The only problem I can see is the standing rule. A few of S24 patrons would struggle to stand, and these would no doubt move. I would estimate the vast majority of people would embrace the expansion. It certainly needs it, should the club want to improve the match day atmosphere

With an increase in capacity it would also mean an increase in resources required from S82. Just an idea that possibly a certain % of ticket sales in that area go towards the funding of new flags, banners, displays etc. Would really show that the club are backing the movement and not just appeasing the singing lot.

I have no objection to the expansion of s82 in principal, but people shouldn’t be forced out of their seats. I’m not sure I see it happening until the FA/EFL and Government get off their fat asses and sanction rail seating across the league. The trial at Shrewsbury is a joke. I see no reason why a trial was necessary. Ffs the largest football end in  Europe, the south stand at Dortmund, has had rail seating without a hitch for years. 25,000 people in an end proves its safety. 

On 17/01/2018 at 21:10, bris red said:

Does make you wonder if plenty do prefer to stand then why does NO other group in the south stand even attempt to join in with S82.. you'd like to have thought it would have organically spread across the stand but the rest of the South stand dont seem to want anything to do with it.. where are all these hoarders of new fans wanting to stand coming from?

Im all for standing btw.. its the only way i can watch live football, its just after years of following this club in all seater stadiums i have come to accept as a fan base we just dont seem to like to stand en masse..

They would be forcibly removed for persistent standing and ou of courtesy for others around who ish to sit, would not want to impede their view.

just an idea , section 82 take whole of Atyeo, room to expand, those who want to stand, therefore can , im sure the players would like a see of red behind the goal

move the away fans to the top of the upper landsdown, out of the way able to make less of an impact behind the goal, my kids wouldnt go up there as they dont like being so high up ! 

then move the family section to the south stand  ......

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I suspect the majority of people moving into the expanded S82 would already be in the SS, so just move down the stand. 

"Just move down the stand" sounds easy but if you sit with a load of mates or family, may not be. Supporters have had those seats since the stand opened. No problem with this as long as no one is FORCED to move. Oh and for clarification, I am further over in the stand. 

Not wishing to interrupt this debate but as the singers are present. I like the rolling song which seems to be we all hate the......... but from the other end of the stand I can't make out what. It's beginning to irritate now. Anyone help. It's a really good effort by the way.

28 minutes ago, fatman said:

Not wishing to interrupt this debate but as the singers are present. I like the rolling song which seems to be we all hate the......... but from the other end of the stand I can't make out what. It's beginning to irritate now. Anyone help. It's a really good effort by the way.

We all hate Gas Scum? Repeat

For 17 years (f off) for 17 years (f off) 

On 1/29/2018 at 20:02, Martin89 said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Hi Matt, is there any plans or have any talks taken place about expanding the singing section? 

Hi @Martin89,  a number have fans have spoken to me about it along with proposing some interesting suggestions regards how the expansion could work. Im in the process of compiling all fan feedback and will be sitting down with the stadium team to discuss all feedback in the next few weeks. 

Matt 

@Ska Junkie

I've come to this a bit late, and without wanting to restart things, I was under the impression that an area with rail seats installed would be deemed unusable under current rules, but nothing about replacing them.

This is from my foggy and unreliable memory of what was said when we had a small section of rail seats in the Atyeo as a display prior to promotion.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

@Ska Junkie

I've come to this a bit late, and without wanting to restart things, I was under the impression that an area with rail seats installed would be deemed unusable under current rules, but nothing about replacing them.

This is from my foggy and unreliable memory of what was said when we had a small section of rail seats in the Atyeo as a display prior to promotion.

No problem James, that's how I understood it too.

19 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was thinking about atmosphere earlier and then I remembered this thread, so I thought I would re-visit it/give it a bump.

Is there any movement on this? Have there been any positive (or even preliminary discussions) to report/feed back on.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Not at the moment as it will affect the sight-lines of fans in neighboring blocks. As and when the legislation around safe standing changes, the stadium team would consider options then. As a club, we were  one of the first to publicly support safe standing when we recently backed the campaign that happened at the start of the summer. 

Matt

13 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Not at the moment as it will affect the sight-lines of fans in neighboring blocks. As and when the legislation around safe standing changes, the stadium team would consider options then. As a club, we were  one of the first to publicly support safe standing when we recently backed the campaign that happened at the start of the summer. 

Matt

Thanks for you/the club looking into it Matt.

I still think there's the demand personally- only have to look on a matchday at why stewards check tickets at the blocks to enter the Singing Section/S82 but as you say neighbouring blocks and the sight-lines is an issue- so while disappointing I do get it.

Yeah true enough- I also recall in 2013/14 we were quite keen on putting in rail seating, but clearly the legislation wasn't (as it still isn't) there at this stage. The club also visibly supporting safe standing is also a positive.

To me though, the likelihood remains that hamstrung though we are and how it will need to remain, there's more demand for an expansion to the singing section than numbers allow. In short, demand outstrips supply (IMO).

This just goes to show there was no thought process for these type of fans when the redevelopment was done.

Hence being moved pillar to post, until the half solution there is now. The area will never expand, even if safe standing does come in they are very unlikely to throw the back  15 rows of the south stand out of their season ticket seats.

Remember only a few years ago at the start of being in the atyeo, the club were trying to blame the group for anything that happened in that stand. When all the lads wanted to do was wave flags etc. 

Archived