IGNORED

First game

EdinburghJon

At my sons stag doo we needed 20 tickets, with only 2 of us being members, he simply rang the club and got a discount on a block booking , as Bristol Sport do the tickets I imagine you could do the basketball at the same time.

As to pre match drinks, The Nova Scotia would be a good choice if you wanted to visit a traditional Bristol pub, good food to

25 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

At my sons stag doo we needed 20 tickets, with only 2 of us being members, he simply rang the club and got a discount on a block booking , as Bristol Sport do the tickets I imagine you could do the basketball at the same time.

As to pre match drinks, The Nova Scotia would be a good choice if you wanted to visit a traditional Bristol pub, good food to

Called today and they can only do tickets as of 29th. Woman on the phone was really helpful and expects the that we get 7 together on general admission.

We’ve a few tight Scotsmen feeling 21 quid each to join the membership club isnt necessary. 

1 minute ago, EdinburghJon said:

Called today and they can only do tickets as of 29th. Woman on the phone wasn’t really helpful and expects the that we get 7 together on general admission.

We’ve a few tight Scotsmen feeling 21 quid each to join the membership club isnt necessary. 

Someone should've told you this is standard practice.

2 minutes ago, EdinburghJon said:

Called today and they can only do tickets as of 29th. Woman on the phone wasn’t really helpful and expects the that we get 7 together on general admission.

I am sure your be OK on General Sale, so save your £21 for the pub 

4 minutes ago, EdinburghJon said:

It would cost more, but have you considered, as a one off occasion, looking at one of the hospitality options..? Just an idea, that would put you all together, in a good area. 

I’m sure we will get tickets on the general sale. Ticket office were pretty sure we would have no trouble.

Now to think up a witty slogan for our banner - Suggestions welcome - and to learn the chants.

Currently just going with “only one team in Bristol”. Although I like the McInnes suggestion below. 

@EdinburghJon I'm glad that you seem to have had answers to all your questions.  I hope you really enjoy your visit to Bristol and bring us some luck for the game.  On the tickets point, if you are running into a brick wall with the ticket office then try emailing mark.kelly@ashtongate.co.uk - Mark has helped me out with some ticketing questions in the past.

Chants - get listening to the Wurzels' greatest hits. Drink Up thee Zider, The Blackbird and I Am A Cider Drinker in particular.   https://www.amazon.co.uk/Greatest-Hits-Wurzels/dp/B000OPP7AE

For your banner perhaps: "We're Scottish but at least we're not McInnes" is long but should be ironically appreciated.

I'll also echo the praise for Edinburgh.  I was up there for my birthday in the summer - visiting the fringe which has always been on my list.  Got to say - the morning walk up Arthur's Seat was excellent.

Lots of options for drinks. If you've got a bit of time you could get a ferry (from near Temple Meads station or the city centre) to the SS Great Britain, which has three great pubs nearby (the Cottage is on the waterfront and has great views from outside, The Orchard is a great little pub tucked away and the Nova Scotia has already been mentioned). From there it's only a 10 minute walk to the ground with The Coopers and Rising Sun not far away.

Hotwells Road is another option - doesn't take too long to walk to Ashton Gate along there from the city centre with plenty of pubs en route.

Alternatively North Street near the ground is full of bars and places to eat.

I agree with thone posters who have praised Edinburgh - I really enjoyed it when I visited. Fascinating place.

20 hours ago, EdinburghJon said:

Thoroughly looking forward to the day.  Of all the places we could have ended up, we hit the jackpot - good team, good stadium and easy to fly to from Edinburgh.

Jackpot wouldn't come close  more like a rollover

Loads going on plenty to see and do .

Voted the best City in England and even mentined in the New York Times as one of the places to visit in 2018

Have a great time

8 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

That's brilliant. Really hope you enjoy your day.

If you don't manage to get to the basketball and fancy going on the piss instead, Bristol is a very good night out. Park St and the waterfront/city centre is only about 20mins walk from the ground and there are bars/pubs everywhere in that area. If you fancy something a little bit 'posher' then check out Clifton. Not as many bars/pubs (still loads) but the Avon Gorge hotel terrace has one of the best views in Bristol overlooking the Suspension Bridge (if its not too cold) and the Coronation Tap is just around the corner from there if you fancy having some excellent ciders.

This also gives you the opportunity to be one of the first to spot one of our new signings.

2 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Jackpot wouldn't come close  more like a rollover

Loads going on plenty to see and do .

Voted the best City in England and even mentined in the New York Times as one of the places to visit in 2018

Have a great time

If you've any suggestions for what to do pre-game, do let me know as we arrive extremely early (first flight out of Edinburgh).

17 hours ago, EdinburghJon said:

If you've any suggestions for what to do pre-game, do let me know as we arrive extremely early (first flight out of Edinburgh).

Not really sure what tickles your fancy but the harbourside has plenty of bars /cafes and is very much the heart of Bristol plus you can get very close to the ground by water taxi.

Please see attached which gives you some idea, but just ask on here as the great and the good of OTIB will be able to assist

https://www.lastminute.com/blog/things-to-do-in-bristol

18 hours ago, EdinburghJon said:

Get yourself up onto our gurt big bridge. The view is great and you can see AG too. The SS Great Britain is one of the best museums in the country if that floats your boat (see what I did there). 

Depending where you're staying.
The centre / Harbourside area has loads of bars and cafe's for breakfast, will suit any budget. Lloyds reasonable for cheap beer with your bacon and eggs, Watershed and even outside at the Buttery nearer the SS Great Britain. If you go that way the Orchard used to carry a great selection of Ciders, the Cottage is old for standard pub grub. The boat along the river might be a good idea if the wethers ok, and if it is I would recommend the Fan park. Live band or a DJ with a fair choice of food and drink , or nip into the Sports bar. 
The pubs near the ground are home fans only so you will have to show tickets, but shouldn't be an issue. If you come from Parsons street or Temple Meads stations then North street is full of great pubs. We always nip in the Masonic, proper boozer and the Spotted Cow (or whatever it's called now) is ok , Hen and Chicken and Tobacco factory get more away fans, then the Spanish bar, Coopers and BS3. There are plenty of Cafe bar restaurants along the way too.
Hope you enjoy your trip, and hope you bring us a bit of luck too.

Archived