IGNORED

First game

EdinburghJon

On 15/01/2018 at 17:07, EdinburghJon said:

I actually bought a Bristol City Forever membership before seeing the response above.  At worst, its a donation to the club and allows us to have a look at the pricing / availability. 

Thoroughly looking forward to the day.  Of all the places we could have ended up, we hit the jackpot - good team, good stadium and easy to fly to from Edinburgh.

Have a great time fellas...lots of good choices for food/beer on North Street walking down to the ground-hen & chicken,spotted cow,tobacco factory.....hope were 'on form for you!!

3 hours ago, EdinburghJon said:

What's the chances of the game at the weekend being off with the snow thats expected?

Highly unlikely. We never get any real snow down here. Just hope that ice around the ground isn’t an issue. 

Worst case scenario, the game will be off, but the pubs will be open! 

Enjoy! 

On 27/02/2018 at 15:40, Robin TBW said:

Did you decide on going to the basketball afterwards? Can get the Commercial Manager to give you a call if you need a group booking.

We actually decided against it as thought it would be trying to squeeze too much in. I can see it being something we do in future though as I don’t see this being a one off to Bristol.

3 minutes ago, EdinburghJon said:

We actually decided against it as thought it would be trying to squeeze too much in. I can see it being something we do in future though as I don’t see this being a one off to Bristol.

Boo!!!  Big game this weekend v Cheshire.  You can drink at the game too, if you were worried it would lessen drinking hours!  I’m sure @Robin TBW could sort something.

On 27/02/2018 at 12:23, EdinburghJon said:

What's the chances of the game at the weekend being off with the snow thats expected?

Hi mate, I travelled up to Glasgow just before Xmas 2010 for the ‘Gers match vs St.Mirren - it had been called off before we travelled (combination of snow, ice and water damage at Ibrox if I remember correctly?) but as me and my mates had already booked flights, hotel etc we went anyway. It was a brill weekend, all the Bears just carried on as though the game was going ahead! We had a superb Saturday morning/afternoon in Ian Durrant’s bar and all the other usual pre match pubs were full despite no game to go to!

Getting back was where it all went wrong - the snow meant our flight was delayed for nine hours and then was eventually cancelled! In the end we had to get four trains and a couple of taxis - it took us 27 hours to get back to Bristol from Glasgow!

But it was still a great laugh and I’ve been back to Ibrox many times since, although I will always be a Jags fan at heart...another long story!

Really hope you have a brill weekend in our fair City, you’ll love it! I will look out for your group and will be happy to get you a pint of Black Rat or two if our paths cross! 

12 minutes ago, EdinburghJon said:

Flights just been cancelled so that will be that for us. Very disappointed but was taken out of our hands. After the message from the club, we kind of expected to be going but easyJet has other ideas.

Gutted for you mate. Hope you sort a refund from EasyJet soon, took them 6 months to give me my money back the last time I had a flight cancelled by them...and they still took a cancellation admin fee..what a bloody cheek!

Please come back soon for a future game, you’ll have a ball down here and you’ll be welcomed very warmly...

On 15/01/2018 at 17:16, weepywall said:

What a great idea, you have picked a good game to come to I'm sure you will be made very welcome and thank god Bristol Rovers didn't score the first goal of the season as you wouldn't have enjoyed your trip there although they would have been very pleased to have an extra 8 on their gate but you may have only got as far as the carpark as they have thousands locked out most weeks

He might enjoy bivouacing!

53 minutes ago, EdinburghJon said:

I’ve axrually just noticed it’s not the full amount they’ve refunded. I’ll be calling them tomorrow as they can’t call cancel our flight and then make you pay for the cancellation.

Hopefully the club will refund you (in full) for your ticket as you can't make it. 

Let us know how that goes, could do with some good PR coming out of the club following recent events

2 hours ago, EdinburghJon said:

I’ve axrually just noticed it’s not the full amount they’ve refunded. I’ll be calling them tomorrow as they can’t call cancel our flight and then make you pay for the cancellation.

Any of you lot got decent travel insurance? A lot of people have a continuous policy now rather than the old one-trip ones so you might be able to claim off that for hotels, match tickets and the like.

13 hours ago, EdinburghJon said:

Flights just been cancelled so that will be that for us. Very disappointed but was taken out of our hands. After the message from the club, we kind of expected to be going but easyJet has other ideas.

My daughter was also supposed to be coming down from Edinburgh today for the game....gutted for all those that can't make it

7 hours ago, WSMRobin said:

Hopefully the club will refund you (in full) for your ticket as you can't make it. 

Let us know how that goes, could do with some good PR coming out of the club following recent events

Club were very good with us so we won’t be out of pocket for the next game we go to. 

I know you’ve had the season ticket outrage but there’s a lot to be pleased about with how Bristol is run - merchandise is top drawer imo, stadium is premier league standard now, exciting manager in place who wants the team to play the right way and it’s being run prudently with long term stability in mind.

Archived