IGNORED

Match Day parking scheme (Merged)

wendyredredrobin

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I thought it quite full v Wolves so slightly surprised there was under 25k there. Wasn't away end full?

However, it's not that huge an issue for local residents is it? In the grand scheme of things?

That depends if by `local resident` you mean mouthy hipster **** with a stupid beard who thinks he can move somewhere and immediately change everything to suit what he wants. If you do then it`s what keeps him awake at nights.

A friend of mine is a local resident and works shifts, he got home at 2 o'clock on Saturday.

Luckly he's not a dick and parked about 1/2 a mile away and enjoyed a walk, he didn't even mention it untill I asked - said it was his choice to live near a football ground what should he expect!

10 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

So @Tristan Cork

Why use an image of a Fire Engine in your story which was taken nowhere near Ashton Gate?

blocked-fire-engine.jpg

I'd imagine there is a picture editor that fleshes out stories with pictures as and when required so - much like how a journalist doesn't write headlines - it's a bit much to have a pop here.

Why not actually praise our local paper for doing some investigation and answering the question which many people on this forum haven't been able to determine either way since December and the first sell-out?

7 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

I'd imagine there is a picture editor that fleshes out stories with pictures as and when required so - much like how a journalist doesn't write headlines - it's a bit much to have a pop here.

Why not actually praise our local paper for doing some investigation and answering the question which many people on this forum haven't been able to determine either way since December and the first sell-out?

So the bit that says "Fire engine blocking the road" in a story about parking around the stadium with a photo taken elsewhere is ok then?

4 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

So the bit that says "Fire engine blocking the road" in a story about parking around the stadium with a photo taken elsewhere is ok then?

That is a quote for a caption - sounds very much just like a description of the image, not relevant to the story. You tagged a journalist directly and called them out. They can address crap editorial practice from their colleagues certainly but aren't responsible for it. Sometimes it does seem to be a case of bashing the local press for the sake of it...

It's not good journalism no but then understanding that the journalist writes the story and someone chucks pictures in. From their contacts page (http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/contact-us/) it'd be a Jennie Banks. 

If you click on the firefighters story within this story, the caption of the picture used there says "An example of a fire engine being slowed down due to bad parking" which - to be fair - is better than this time.

43 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

Actually that picture isn’t far from the City ground........ Withywood 

TBF most local residents I know are not in favour of any sort of RPZ - either for Matchdays or a scheme similar to the ones already present in other parts of BS3. What IS a problem is illegal parking on kerbs, across driveways etc. 

AG was here long before any of us and long may the streets surrounding the ground be free for reasonable people to park properly on.

After the Norwich game when most of the football traffic had just cleared I saw one local resident down by the robins pub. He came out of his house had a quick look around then went to get his car keys and went to his car which was parked on the roadside outside his house and parked it on his drive. I thought at the time how selfish that was. Had no idea if he did it deliberately to stop fans from parking there but it only takes hundreds of residents to do this to cause parking problems elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, Threshing Red said:

After the Norwich game when most of the football traffic had just cleared I saw one local resident down by the robins pub. He came out of his house had a quick look around then went to get his car keys and went to his car which was parked on the roadside outside his house and parked it on his drive. I thought at the time how selfish that was. Had no idea if he did it deliberately to stop fans from parking there but it only takes hundreds of residents to do this to cause parking problems elsewhere. 

If it was right outside his house then surely it makes no difference as nobody could park there anyway?

4 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

What else can you do if you get boxed in at every home game?

I'd do exactly the same, and then walk to the game :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

I do exactly the same. Park outside, my son parks on the drive, then my father parks across the drive. We all go to the match. Afterwards they go home and I put my car back on the drive. Is that acceptable.

....has it been mentioned on here about the parking clause built into the planning permission for when we rebuilt the stadium?

Apparently if we sell out a game, the council can invoke the clause, which means the club have to fork out to facilitate a match day parking scheme.

The council want to do this as we have officially sold out the Wolves and Manchester games.

However, the club are contesting it saying that although sold out, not everyone attended on the day.

Can't see how the club can fight this if they have said games are officially sold out.

Sorry my mistake if it's already been spoken about.

From what I read the council seem to think they are losing money somehow on match days.

Perhaps they ought to start thinking about the Bristol public for a change, and make transport links a lot easier for the public they represent.

Instead of thinking the Club should be paying it, they should be thinking lets help the near 30,000 supporters who want to attend.

Bristol City represent Bristol, and probably do more for the good of the City in publicity than the council do.

Shame they can't think like other councils both here and abroad.

Probably the only downside to living in this City is the archaic council.

Archived