IGNORED

Help for travelling away supporter

bigdavecox90

Yeah, couple of "opportune businessmen" in the adjacent field absolutely robbing a living off Bristol's shitey transport. 

Anyone else notice how easy everything was in Manchester? Trams, buses laid on, trains, cabs everywhere? Bristol must be one of the biggest cities going without a metro.

5 hours ago, MCFC said:

So, onto a more important subject.....

What's the beer selection like at: 1. Bedminster CC, and 2. Tobacco Factory.

Any help appreciated lads (and lasses).

Beer is very good at tobacco factory but pretty pricy.  It has a good selection of local beer and a big outside area as indoors can get quite crammed. It's  probably the only place around the ground that is away fan friendly. Can't comment on the cc as haven't drank there. 

An issue with tobacco factory is it has links with George Fergurson who has not been particularly helpful to city in the past and I know of several city fans who don't drink there out of principle now. However that was a while back and more city fans seem to be drinking in there pre match now. 

5 hours ago, MCFC said:

Bedminster CC is standard Social Club fayre from memory, and the Tobacco Factory I can't comment on as I've never been there and the George Ferguson link doesn't encourage me too. Not too keen on a guy that only likes football when it lines his pockets, and will do whatever he can to stop that changing.

6 hours ago, MCFC said:

If you feel like trying an excellent selection of ciders (when in Rome and all that), I would recommend The Orchard which is about 15mins walk away from the ground. Last time I was in there they had roughly 25 different types from fizzy to farmhouse rough. 

2 hours ago, whale said:

Beer is very good at tobacco factory but pretty pricy.  It has a good selection of local beer and a big outside area as indoors can get quite crammed. It's  probably the only place around the ground that is away fan friendly. Can't comment on the cc as haven't drank there. 

An issue with tobacco factory is it has links with George Fergurson who has not been particularly helpful to city in the past and I know of several city fans who don't drink there out of principle now. However that was a while back and more city fans seem to be drinking in there pre match now. 

Sad to hear that any City fan is lining that horriblecunts pockets! 

9 hours ago, MCFC said:

Unless you can help it, please avoid the Tobacco Factory. Run by a smarmy, red trousers, money grubbing, child nabbing, miserable nause. Plenty of better pubs around as well mind. 

21 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Yeah, couple of "opportune businessmen" in the adjacent field absolutely robbing a living off Bristol's shitey transport. 

Anyone else notice how easy everything was in Manchester? Trams, buses laid on, trains, cabs everywhere? Bristol must be one of the biggest cities going without a metro.

Was a farce getting the coaches parked at the ground though.

All were sent directions sending them into a residential road, meaning they had to turn around, then a gert huge queue to get into the coaches parking.

Terribly organised for such a 'big club'

6 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

If you feel like trying an excellent selection of ciders (when in Rome and all that), I would recommend The Orchard which is about 15mins walk away from the ground. Last time I was in there they had roughly 25 different types from fizzy to farmhouse rough. 

Not a big fan of cider, sorry.

I know, I should be shot at dawn, right? :D

On 16/01/2018 at 12:00, bigdavecox90 said:

Hi all,

Nice to meet you - Dave here. Sorry for encroaching on your forum.

I am travelling from Bournemouth for the City game on 23rd January and I'm weighing up best mode of transport. Ideally like to have a few drinks but can drive if needs be.

Can I ask any advice? Is there suitable parking close to the ground?

Has anyone or does anyone do this journey regularly and know of the best way?

Thanks all and understand if this mods decide to delete.

Dave

Which city game? You’ll need to be specific mate, we play most weeks. 

4 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Was a farce getting the coaches parked at the ground though.

All were sent directions sending them into a residential road, meaning they had to turn around, then a gert huge queue to get into the coaches parking.

Terribly organised for such a 'big club'

Really? We went straight in to the coach park, no problems at all! Parked up next to the official coaches. We had a bit of a wait to get out but that wasn't a problem as most of our coach went to the chippy over the road.

Archived