IGNORED

Bailey Wright knee scan

class not gas

LJ: “There does need to be some outgoings and that might be some younger players going out to get games. The ones who are playing we want to keep."

To me that relates to Vyner more than anyone. Either Vyner needs to stick around to replace Bailey whilst his injured or we're bringing in RB. For me I'd just play Vyner he's got all the makings of a quality RB he just needs game time. We've won every game he's started this season except vs Watford the other day.

36 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If he's not about I assume Smith will become captain? I like that about our team, wouldn't really matter who's captain as we seem to have a few leaders on the pitch.

Smith, Pack, Flint, Steele, Baker, Fielding, Bryan - any of those would be a good replacement if Wright isn't fit.

Who plays right back though?

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Me neither @Super

Where did you hear about this @class not gas

Just seen on twitter from LJ press conference

LJ: “Bailey Wright has had a scan on his knee and we’ll have to see how that comes out. Famara is back in training but we’ll have to see how comfortable he is. Matty Taylor has a slight hernia issue and Gustav Engvall has a hip problem.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

LJ: “Bailey Wright has had a scan on his knee and we’ll have to see how that comes out. Famara is back in training but we’ll have to see how comfortable he is. Matty Taylor has a slight hernia issue and Gustav Engvall has a hip problem.

FFS !

8 minutes ago, Super said:

IMG_2872.JPG

Bloody hell these injuries are taking the piss now. Wright and Taylor potentially added to Fammy, Milan, COD, Jens, Eros...

I’d go with Korey for a quick RB fix, Vyner looks tidy and I’ve high hopes for the lad but don’t think he’s quite ready for this League yet. Still everything crossed Bailey is ok :fingerscrossed:

COYR :city:

14 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can’t see Lee pitchin* him in unless he has to 

Numerous selections and some comments indicate that he doesn’t think he’s ready for Championship yet

How many injuries in one season 

:blink:  :grr:

Infuriating. It does sound like a RB might be needed then.

I always remember Alan Dicks converting Donnie Gillies (striker) and Clive Whitehead (winger) into long term full backs in the div.1 days.

There was no question of limitless signings then, the reserve was either pitched in (rare thing) or another squad player filled the gap.

Talk of Korey Smith but maybe there's someone else in the squad who could fill in (just like BW has really) without weakening the team elsewhere?

Bit worrying if LJ doesn't appear to trust Vyner though, at getting on for 21 you'd think a run in the team could be the making of him.

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Infuriating. It does sound like a RB might be needed then.

I always remember Alan Dicks converting Donnie Gillies (striker) and Clive Whitehead (winger) into long term full backs in the div.1 days.

There was no question of limitless signings then, the reserve was either pitched in (rare thing) or another squad player filled the gap.

Talk of Korey Smith but maybe there's someone else in the squad who could fill in (just like BW has really) without weakening the team elsewhere?

Bit worrying if LJ doesn't appear to trust Vyner though, at getting on for 21 you'd think a run in the team could be the making of him.

I don't know Nogbad, it appears that at Bristol City 24 is the new 20. just ask Bobby Reid. 

I have sometimes wondered this season if some of the players have been "carrying knocks" and our team has just got on with it because they don't want to let the other players, coaching staff and fans down. If that is the case credit should perhaps go to players like MT for potentially playing through an issue - it shows a very good attitude and our great team spirit. In a perfect world of course we would have a bevvy of quality players on standby to jump in, but unfortunately that kind of luxury is something only some of the top teams in particular Villa, Wolves (and maybe Derby) have rather than us 

Maybe we as fans should be a little less quick to jump on players when they perform poorly? - I think all of of O'Neill, Hegeler, and Taylor have at least had their performances and "suitability for the championship" questioned just prior to fans finding out there is an injury.

Maybe also we're paying a little bit now for a lack of "quality depth" in our squad and playing pretty much the same players match in match out for a few months during our fabulous runs before the new year.

We need to hold on and do what we can until the Injury situation improves, with a full squad to pick from (and rotate a little) I think we have proved we're a match for most in the division. Our run in looks reasonable (albeit teams fighting lower down can be tough) but we should keep the faith!

16 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I don't know Nogbad, it appears that at Bristol City 24 is the new 20. just ask Bobby Reid. 

Indeed, but BR is a case in point perhaps - not really getting anywhere after many years seen as a midfield player, a revelation playing further forward in a position nobody had previously advocated for him..

Probably easier to convert someone into a defender - Whitehead, Gillies as above - than the other way round.

It was a case of needs must for Gillies iirc., and he was absolutely fine.

In Korey's case he can be seen as a tackler with good awareness and stamina, so he has, and could, move to FB.

Like the old div.1 squad they are all good all round footballers so there must be others, surely?

Vyner stands out as Wright's natural short/medium term replacement though and if LJ is still talking about him going out on loan there's surely a new RB coming in.

Agreed with the comment above about the high press game, we really need a lot of squad depth to sustain that over a season,,,, and we just dont have it.... seeing the list of derby strikers while we are persevering with bobby reid running mile after mile every week just shows how miraculous our run has been.

2 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

I wonder, with our high energy, tempo and pressing game, along with training that this may be why we are having so many injuries? It might be complete nonsense and just back luck.

Think it is mostly bad luck. COD, Diedhiou and Hegeler plus now Wright have been bad tackles or landings. Those have been long term ones(hope Wright isn’t). Then Djuric which I think has more to do with his size. 

Pisano, GON and Paterson probably have more to do with the high energy game. Paterson has missed some but not enough where it is a worry. The other two are older and probably more prone to those types of injuries anyway. Especially Pisano where the games came quicker and were played at a faster pace.  

Archived